An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Board: The Purged

dUSt

I'm not an official channels sort of person. In my experience, the channels wish to be let alone. 

Winchester ... I think I didn't post things quite right.  My comment was on your comment:

"[Minion of Death]Haven't figured out how to add prop limits--Winnie[/Minion of Death]"

The only one that can change prop limits is dUSt :).

Anastasia13

I just think that now that things have started to settle down, we should just all go listen to some Cambodian techno music.

IcePrincessKRS

Winchester ... I think I didn't post things quite right.  My comment was on your comment:

"[Minion of Death]Haven't figured out how to add prop limits--Winnie[/Minion of Death]"

The only one that can change prop limits is dUSt :).

I think Winnie understood that. ;)

fides' Jack

I need a break from this place.  In the past few days, I have been punished without being told why, publicly shamed, probably had my reputation damaged, and been compared to a murderer for following the phorum owner's instructions rather than some unwritten rule.  I need some time to recover.

Wait - is this serious?  I thought this whole episode/thread was just a big joke.

Showing me again just how observant I am...

I need a break from this place. In the past few days, I have been punished without being told why, publicly shamed, probably had my reputation damaged, and been compared to a murderer for following the phorum owner's instructions rather than some unwritten rule. I need some time to recover.

Don't forget to write a sad poem and post it on facebook

I just think that now that things have started to settle down, we should just all go listen to some Cambodian techno music.

[media]http://youtu.be/kdGKlcehMUk[/media]

Edited by Norseman82

I need a break from this place.  In the past few days, I have been punished without being told why, publicly shamed, probably had my reputation damaged, and been compared to a murderer for following the phorum owner's instructions rather than some unwritten rule.  I need some time to recover.

If you played by the rules, why should YOU be the one who has to leave? 

Taking a break is not working.  I keep waking up in the night and I'm not getting enough sleep.  When I think about Phatmass, I start crying.  I don't want to add to the drama here, but I need to get some resolution for this. 

One reason the "just pixels" thing does not work for me is that I have chronic health problems which limit how much I interact with people in person.  Other than immediate family, most of my interactions are online.  What happens here is very real to me and I am really hurting.

I joined this phorum because I was inspired by the mission statement.  I saw this as a place to serve God and the Church online.  That was my goal with all my posts and I thought I was succeeding.  I was making friends.  Lots of people, including Dust, were propping my posts.  Lots of people supported me for being given a CM tag.  In general I was getting along with people. There was one incident that got some people mad, but I seemed to have the support of the owner and a mod for my position on that.  I thought that I was a productive and helpful member here and that this is how others saw me too.

From my perspective, that "purged" label came out of nowhere.  I still don't know what I was supposed to have done to deserve that.  In the absence of any explanation, it is human nature that many people are going to assume that I must have done something bad and guess about what it was. I wonder how many people now think that I must be someone who sends hateful or harassing pms.  I saw a post in which someone described the purging as only affecting a few "routinely problematic" people.  Is that who I am now - routinely problematic?

Then, when I was still trying to get over this, people started saying I had done a horrible thing by following the instructions of the phorum owner.  That somehow I should have known that I should just ignore him.  I am not a horrible or spiteful person.  I am from a culture known for respecting authority and that is also a personal trait of mine.  I don't have any "snitches get stitches" in my code of life.  I have a principle of one must act for the common good.  When the boss asks for help, my basic impulse is to give it.  

Dust, I know you are busy, but please give some explanation for what you did to me.  I have got to get some closure for this before it starts affecting my health.

If you played by the rules, why should YOU be the one who has to leave? 

I have to leave because this is a place where sensitive people are mocked and accused of "butthurt".  It is all part of the special sense of humour.  I need to be somewhere with a more conventional understanding of Christian charity.