Winchester Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 Actually ... the fact that Winchester's name came up several times means something. He even said it on this thread ... he was banned at first when he joined phatmass. Which means, as a human being that can make mistakes, Winchester can cross the line named after him. Seeing a ban does not mean I was banned. It means I saw a ban. I didn't experience one. "I saw my first movie at age 8", for instance.
dUSt Posted August 5, 2014 Author Posted August 5, 2014 I suspect that the people who named me were her groupies, after me for daring to criticize her, but I do not hold that against Red at all. She is a decent person. Calling people groupies is probably not the best way to get people to like you... and you seem to be concerned with that... so yeah, just trying to help. Oh yeah, and "decent person" isn't the greatest term of endearment either.
Winchester Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 Winchester is not bad for Phatmass. The idea that a person can be above the rules is bad for Phatmass. And that is not Winchester's fault. It's not that I'm above the rules. I am the rules.
PhuturePriest Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 In true transparency, here are the results of The Purge:The question on the form was: Is there a member that is harmful to the well being of phatmass? Who? And the results were: dUSt (6) Lil Red (6) Winchester (6) Perigrina (4) franciscanheart (4) mortify II (4) Ice Princess (3) FuturePriest (3) Blazingstar (2) Semper Catholic (2) Oremus1 (2) Hasan (2) roamin catholic (2) abrideofchrist (2) the171 (2) Samuel Clemens Edward Longshanks Dick Cheney futuresister2009 reyb teresitacarmel Ralph Macchio Benedictus dairygirl4u2c nunsense hierphant Gnostic Christian Bishop das8949 SUCCESS!!!!!!!!
Credo in Deum Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 Wait, someone submitted, Ralph Macchio? I hear he is the best around and that nothing is going to ever keep him down.
PhuturePriest Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 Calling people groupies is probably not the best way to get people to like you... and you seem to be concerned with that... so yeah, just trying to help. Oh yeah, and "decent person" isn't the greatest term of endearment either. It's a mark of overall success, I think. I've personally been accused of having an "FP Fan Club" several times. It's nice to see Lil Red is finally catching up to me in popularity.
dUSt Posted August 5, 2014 Author Posted August 5, 2014 Winchester is not bad for Phatmass. The idea that a person can be above the rules is bad for Phatmass. And that is not Winchester's fault. There is a difference between being "above the rules" and being the one who "sets the rules". The Winchester Line is not a gimmick. It is me trusting a 10 year long member. Sure, he pushes the line sometimes, but that is who he is. Anybody worse than Winchester is probably too risky for phatmass. Anybody the same or better than Winchester will fit in here just fine. In other words, Winchester does an amazing job at being the lowest common denominator (lol wut). The Winchester Line is non-negotiable. It is part of phatmass' fabric. It what makes phatmass different. No other forum on the internet has The Winchester Line. When it comes down to it, The Winchester Line IS phatmass.
IcePrincessKRS Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 In true transparency, here are the results of The Purge:The question on the form was: Is there a member that is harmful to the well being of phatmass? Who? And the results were: dUSt (6) Lil Red (6) Winchester (6) Perigrina (4) franciscanheart (4) mortify II (4) Ice Princess (3) FuturePriest (3) Blazingstar (2) Semper Catholic (2) Oremus1 (2) Hasan (2) roamin catholic (2) abrideofchrist (2) the171 (2) Samuel Clemens Edward Longshanks Dick Cheney futuresister2009 reyb teresitacarmel Ralph Macchio Benedictus dairygirl4u2c nunsense hierphant Gnostic Christian Bishop das8949 I have FANS! :icey:
cmaD2006 Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 Seeing a ban does not mean I was banned. It means I saw a ban. I didn't experience one. "I saw my first movie at age 8", for instance. Ok Winchester ... there were times more recently that some posts caused me heartburn. Why? Because they were over the top. I have one in particular, an image I *still* have in my head. That's not cool. Not on a Catholic site. That's what I mean ... if you truly discerned putting that on here, I would hope you wouldn't have. Because you really don't know what an occasion of sin you can be putting people in. I honestly have thought that it was an error in judgement, and have been giving you the benefit of the doubt.
Perigrina Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 Calling people groupies is probably not the best way to get people to like you... and you seem to be concerned with that... so yeah, just trying to help. Oh yeah, and "decent person" isn't the greatest term of endearment either. I got the word "groupie" from you. I figured that meant it was the right word to use here. Thanks for letting me know that this is not actually the case. And when I call someone a decent person it is a high compliment. It means a person of honour and integrity.
Roamin Catholic Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 In true transparency, here are the results of The Purge: roamin catholic (2) The fact that I hadn't posted in the past year and still got named twice flatters me. Thank you for remembering me
Anomaly Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 You weren't paying attention. Because of my health I have very few relationships with analog people. I am fine with being told how I may have rubbed people the wrong way. But I am not fine with this "just pixels" garbage. Until you have been in the situation of having most of your human interaction online, you will have no clue what this is like. I pay enough attention to pick up that you say you are married and have kids and are a grown up person, over the age of thirty. I get you choose to add human interface via WWW, because of limited analog opportunity. But it's only via pixels. Most others have no need or desire to consider pixel interface as hugely important. We all have our own special lives that color our perspectives. But empathy is a two way street. Just as you can point out I may not really know your situation, you also don't really know mine or other posters. Don't assume others are going to "get" your situation and act how you prefer, don't assume it's being hateful. I wasn't just harshing on you. I'm incredibly analog nice with a substantial amount of blunt. It's a superpower that's often misinterpreted. Bread without crust is just dough.
Perigrina Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 There is a difference between being "above the rules" and being the one who "sets the rules". The Winchester Line is not a gimmick. It is me trusting a 10 year long member. Sure, he pushes the line sometimes, but that is who he is. Anybody worse than Winchester is probably too risky for phatmass. Anybody the same or better than Winchester will fit in here just fine. In other words, Winchester does an amazing job at being the lowest common denominator. The Winchester Line is non-negotiable. It is part of phatmass' fabric. It what makes phatmass different. No other forum on the internet has The Winchester Line. When it comes down to it, The Winchester Line IS phatmass. It's your forum. You can do what you want.
Winchester Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 Ok Winchester ... there were times more recently that some posts caused me heartburn. Why? Because they were over the top. I have one in particular, an image I *still* have in my head. That's not cool. Not on a Catholic site. That's what I mean ... if you truly discerned putting that on here, I would hope you wouldn't have. Because you really don't know what an occasion of sin you can be putting people in. I honestly have thought that it was an error in judgement, and have been giving you the benefit of the doubt. Holding someone responsible for invincible ignorance is not Catholic.
Ash Wednesday Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 WHAT DID RALPH MACCHIO EVER DO TO YOU? GOSH!!!!
Lil Red Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 I did not think that Lil Red should have been purged either and I said so at the time. I suspect that the people who named me were her groupies, after me for daring to criticize her, but I do not hold that against Red at all. She is a decent person. I have groupies? ;) LOL.
Anomaly Posted August 5, 2014 Posted August 5, 2014 It's your forum. You can do what you want. Exactly. Dust once posted that if people don't like his antics, they can start their own board. The ban Purge may have been a mistake, but you got to give him, yourself, and others a little credit in voting, not voting, discussing, and opinionating on how to improve and maintain the fresh flavor.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now