An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Board: The Purged

dUSt

"Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword. For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

Remember what happened to that guy.

He also turned over tables in the Temple.  Gee, a little disruptive, don't you think?

Another story to chew on: 

"This man ought to be put to death," the princes said to the king; "he demoralizes the soldiers who are left in this city, and all the people, by speaking such things to them; he is not interested in the welfare of our people, but in their ruin."  King Zedekiah answered:  "He is in your power"; for the king could do nothing with them.  And so they took Jeremiah and threw him into the cistern of Prince Malchiah,"

Jeremiah 38:4-6, NAB

Lilllabettt

there are a lot of jerks in the online world.

angry environment-poisoning toughs and also spineless wimps who whine on an anonymous banishment form.

"phatmass had both."

(for the deprived among you the above line is from Charlotte's Web)

I won't pretend I'm not very sad he got banned :cry: :cry: although I'm sure he was asking for it. I hope he wasn't rude to anyone in PM. We had a terrible upbringing and I don't blame him for never coming back but I wish he would talk to his brother and sisters since we went through it all together.

He's a lost boy! :( :cry: :( it's hard to lose sight of him. :cry: Maybe we will find him online somewhere again one day. I google his name all the time trying to find him.

OK, that explains a lot.  Lilllabettt did mention in the past about an estranged brother and how one was in the Marines, but I didn't see how it all connected until now. 

Sometimes people have personal problems and that reflects in their posts and views.  Now sometimes people bring those problems on themselves, but sometimes they don't.  Maybe this is something we can all think about.

there are a lot of jerks in the online world.

angry environment-poisoning toughs and also spineless wimps who whine on an anonymous banishment form.

"phatmass had both."

(for the deprived among you the above line is from Charlotte's Web)

I am not spineless and I did not whine. I named Semper Catholic (and that was the only person I named.)  I was cooperating with the phorum owner because he was asking for help.  I would never have done it if I had realized that it could hurt you or Maggie. I like both of you a lot. I am more upset about this than about being purged.  I am really sorry and I will leave Phatmass if you want.  I already made this offer to Maggie privately. 

Edited by Perigrina

My best guess as to why people wanted me purged is that they have a vision of Phatmass as a private club with cliques, cool kids, hazing, etc. and see me as disruptive of that.  They are right about me being disruptive.  My vision of Phatmass comes from the mission statement.  That is why I joined.  That is what I pledged myself to when I became a CM.  I think that these two visions of Phatmass are mutually exclusive and I continue in my commitment to the mission statement: 

Our mission is to live and defend the faith given to us by Jesus Christ by remaining totally and completely obedient to the teaching authority of His Church. We encourage dialogue between people of all faiths and recognize that we are all striving for holiness.

We feel that it is of primary importance to promote and adore His Real Presence in the Holy Eucharist, develop a habit of prayer, and work for a renewal of reverence in the Sacred Mass, which will help us all in our journey to grow closer to Jesus Christ, who is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

We recognize that we are in a constant battle of good vs evil, and ask for the intercession of our Blessed Mother Mary and all the Saints in Heaven for a removal of pride and an increase in humility, with our ultimate goal being sainthood.

While I appreciated the opportunity to interact with Lil Red, that is about all I got from being purged.  I really do not know what my negative misdemeanor was supposed to have been.   In my profile I invite correction.  I could have learned a lot more from being told about whatever problem people have with me.

Whereas I'm not here 24/7, I never recalled any problems with you....in fact, from most of the posts I've read, I find you more of a "kindred soul".  Of course, we are of roughly the same generation, and part of it could be a generational difference among members here.  After all, we grew up in an era where it was more acceptable to confront people who were doing wrong - something that would label us "judgmental", and "hateful" today.  I think that prevented a lot of societal problems we see today or at least those problems were not publicly accepted and celebrated as "the new normal". 

Credo in Deum

What's done is done. I think we all need to forgive each other and move on. Sure people submitted names, but in the end the final decision was not decided by them. There is no need for further attacks or explanations from one another and there is no need for others to leave.

Edited by Credo in Deum

Indeed that's not necessary. It's not Phatmass' job to keep all the wild parts of our family tree growing together. Silly forums don't matter, abusive unfit parents are what matter in this situation.

Whereas I'm not here 24/7, I never recalled any problems with you....in fact, from most of the posts I've read, I find you more of a "kindred soul".  Of course, we are of roughly the same generation, and part of it could be a generational difference among members here.  After all, we grew up in an era where it was more acceptable to confront people who were doing wrong - something that would label us "judgmental", and "hateful" today.  I think that prevented a lot of societal problems we see today or at least those problems were not publicly accepted and celebrated as "the new normal". 

Thanks.  I can't be that bad.  I was propped by a bunch of people for getting my CM tag just around a week ago.

Indeed that's not necessary. It's not Phatmass' job to keep all the wild parts of our family tree growing together. Silly forums don't matter, abusive unfit parents are what matter in this situation.

You have been through enough pain in your life.  I am aching at the thought that I have added to it.

Ash Wednesday

I am not spineless and I did not whine. I named Semper Catholic (and that was the only person I named.)  I was cooperating with the phorum owner because he was asking for help.  I would never have done it if I had realized that it could hurt you or Maggie. I like both of you a lot. I am more upset about this than about being purged.  I am really sorry and I will leave Phatmass if you want.  I already made this offer to Maggie privately. 

I'm going to guess that Semper was probably nominated by more than one person and a lot more was at play here than just your nomination. What's more, Semper also has access to a phone... but that's all I'm going to say about that except everyone involved is in my prayers. 

Lilllabettt

I appreciate that. But it actually has almost nothing to do with my brother situation - that is nothing new and I can take it like a man.

If it makes you feel better you were probably not alone in sending him up the river.

Trying to get someone banned and doing it anonymously is just super gross to me. Just grosses me out. And it turns my stomach that people here would do that. To anyone, apart from scary people or pervs. 

No matter if the Boss wanted you to. Everyone knows grownups spazz occasionally. Running the show is stressful. But thats when the kids have to stick together and wait it out. Not you know, collaborate in the spazz. 

Probably people did it without thinking through possible consequences. 

Cuz phatmass is actually important you guys. Like, truly important. 

I didn't have to "pray" about who to suggest for banning cuz ... even people who rub me wrong on here ... who knows what phatmass means to them in their lives ... 

which is the reason I would never ask you or anyone to leave phatmass.

If I'm going to be fair there were actually a lot of people who said they would absolutely not participate. which was nice and kind of confirmed for me how I feel about this place. 

tl/dr: I appreciate your saying that. guess its chalked up to lessons learned.

Lilllabettt

Silly forums don't matter, 

phatmass does matter though. Forget this particular situation, cuz the dude is a grown arse man and we can suk it up.

phatmass matters. 

Edited by Lilllabettt