An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Board: The Purged

dUSt

tl/dr: I appreciate your saying that. guess its chalked up to lessons learned.

Thank you.  I learned something important.  I owe you and Maggie.

Lilllabettt

Ok, I unbanned Semper Catholic. 

wow. the beer is working guys. THE BEER IS WORKING

praise. 

Credo in Deum

We should celebrate that we're dysfunctional, just like a real phamily.

All of you are the brothers and sisters I never wanted. I love you guys/gals.

Edited by Credo in Deum

Thank you.  

If God miracles a murdered man back to life, the murderer is still guilty of murder. 

Anastasia13

If God miracles a murdered man back to life, the murderer is still guilty of murder. 

I try to tell the police that every time I get killed, but somehow neither you nor Bob down the block  still get arrested. (Shrug) It's like they don't believe I was murdered or something.

Edited by Light and Truth

This is a beautiful example of why we need to be kind and charitable even on the internet. Everyone has untold stories and invisible struggles.

CrossCut -- happy that you've got "Cordial non-Catholic" back.

In a way -- I am glad the "purging" happened.  It got the whole crew talking, right?  I mean, I have noticed over the last few days people who haven't been popping in are popping into the board.

And a lot of apologizing is going on.

I was just about gone from the phatmass site -- when this started happening.  And when I started seeing people actually acting differently I came back.

The only thing I really want to say is that please, please remember that every single person that logs in (well, except "Google" lol) is a real human being that has a history, and that can get hurt.  I don't know -- but maybe, maybe at times it's easy to forget that while you/I/we type on the screen.  Sometimes -- maybe it's better to just take a step back and breathe before typing.  Or (as someone said) if you're drunk (or worse), or maybe if life's situations are affecting you, maybe that's not the right time to post?

With respect to myself, I realize people may not agree with what I think.  I'm a pretty intense person.  Born dirt poor, yet now an Ivy grad, with a crazy stressful job.  A Church life that has been insane (and now thank God is nice and calm).  A past that can be easily turned into a Spanish Soap Opera (you know the ones, the ones that have a priest or a nun in the mix, and said priest or nun has doubts and eventually gets married lol).  Oh well my life hasn't been that crazy, but shoot some of my stories are really really funny/interesting/insane. 

Christ *is* the center of my life -- has been for years (otherwise would I be crazy enough to leave my country to enter a convent in another? Noooo).  I can be judged for a lot of things, and I expect that.  What I didn't expect (and I was dumb for not expecting it) is to be judged (my own perception that may/may not be 100% right) so harshly for decisions that I really thought were right.

My one apology to everyone is this -- I stopped being able to m_o_d.  I paid too much attention to what everyone thought -- and if a modding decision was going to be controvertial (and bring on a massive negative response directed towards me). I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.  That was wrong on my part, and my conscience started driving me insane.  That's why I stepped down. 

And I apologize to the VSers for leaving you (for the time being) m+o+d-less.  It takes a special kind of person to be able to m_o_d effectively in there.  I am praying for the right person to come along.

Heh.  I guess I'm thankful for not being able to figure out how to block the phatmass site on my phone and computer.  Being as addicted as I am to Phatmass that is the only real way to keep me from lurking.  :)

Edited by cmaD2006