An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Board: The Purged

dUSt

IcePrincessKRS

i am consoled by the thought that in the stillness of the night and in the quiet of their hearts, your "fans" know themselves as gutless c.humps. 

that kind of self-knowledge often produces beneficial change. everyone wins.

winner winner chicken dinner

I was going to post a gif about change but I thought better of it. :hehe2:

AccountDeleted

I was going to post a gif about change but I thought better of it. :hehe2:

Wait. Are gifs not allowed any more? Or only on certain phorums?? I don't get it. Without gifs I might as well have one hand tied behind my back.

Fidei Defensor

The word "duty" was used multiple times and I feel it is my...duty...to point it out.

Ha. Doody.

IcePrincessKRS

Wait. Are gifs not allowed any more? Or only on certain phorums?? I don't get it. Without gifs I might as well have one hand tied behind my back.

Er... I don't know. I was joking because Dust said that half of Red's last 5000 posts were gifs.

AccountDeleted

Er... I don't know. I was joking because Dust said that half of Red's last 5000 posts were gifs.

But a gif is for when mere words just won't do......  especially the animated ones.

*sigh*

IcePrincessKRS

But a gif is for when mere words just won't do......  especially the animated ones.

*sigh*

I'm out of props, but I agree. ;) Plus, they're just dang fun.

OnlySunshine

I'm out of props, but I agree. ;) Plus, they're just dang fun.

Especially when you find the right one for the situation.

Anastasia13

Semper Catholic

I think the other was Mortify II who then signed on as M 3 (and was banned again).

I liked him as 2, but that is valley at 3. Wow.

The only people still here that can tell us about what it was like to be purged are Lil Red and Perigrina. I believe the process cleansed them of their negative misdemeanor. The other two people who were purged are now banned. Executive decision.

It's like I'm trying to read Lord Of The Flies by randomly reading pages in Fench. You think you know the drama going on and then BAM, you're an idiot trying comprehend gibberish.

Good guys aren't, bad guys worse, and butterflies come from butts. It's a crazy day at sea, sir.

Ash Wednesday

Good guys aren't, bad guys worse, and butterflies come from butts. It's a crazy day at sea, sir.

That sounds like a Hieronymus Bosch painting!

The only people still here that can tell us about what it was like to be purged are Lil Red and Perigrina. I believe the process cleansed them of their negative misdemeanor. The other two people who were purged are now banned. Executive decision.

My best guess as to why people wanted me purged is that they have a vision of Phatmass as a private club with cliques, cool kids, hazing, etc. and see me as disruptive of that.  They are right about me being disruptive.  My vision of Phatmass comes from the mission statement.  That is why I joined.  That is what I pledged myself to when I became a CM.  I think that these two visions of Phatmass are mutually exclusive and I continue in my commitment to the mission statement: 

Our mission is to live and defend the faith given to us by Jesus Christ by remaining totally and completely obedient to the teaching authority of His Church. We encourage dialogue between people of all faiths and recognize that we are all striving for holiness.

We feel that it is of primary importance to promote and adore His Real Presence in the Holy Eucharist, develop a habit of prayer, and work for a renewal of reverence in the Sacred Mass, which will help us all in our journey to grow closer to Jesus Christ, who is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

We recognize that we are in a constant battle of good vs evil, and ask for the intercession of our Blessed Mother Mary and all the Saints in Heaven for a removal of pride and an increase in humility, with our ultimate goal being sainthood.

While I appreciated the opportunity to interact with Lil Red, that is about all I got from being purged.  I really do not know what my negative misdemeanor was supposed to have been.   In my profile I invite correction.  I could have learned a lot more from being told about whatever problem people have with me.

Edited by Perigrina

My best guess as to why people wanted me purged is that they have a vision of Phatmass as a private club with cliques, cool kids, hazing, etc. and see me as disruptive of that.  They are right about me being disruptive.  My vision of Phatmass comes from the mission statement.  That is why I joined.  That is what I pledged myself to when I became a CM.  I think that these two visions of Phatmass are mutually exclusive and I continue in my commitment to the mission statement: 

Our mission is to live and defend the faith given to us by Jesus Christ by remaining totally and completely obedient to the teaching authority of His Church. We encourage dialogue between people of all faiths and recognize that we are all striving for holiness.

We feel that it is of primary importance to promote and adore His Real Presence in the Holy Eucharist, develop a habit of prayer, and work for a renewal of reverence in the Sacred Mass, which will help us all in our journey to grow closer to Jesus Christ, who is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

We recognize that we are in a constant battle of good vs evil, and ask for the intercession of our Blessed Mother Mary and all the Saints in Heaven for a removal of pride and an increase in humility, with our ultimate goal being sainthood.

While I appreciated the opportunity to interact with Lil Red, that is about all I got from being purged.  I really do not know what my negative misdemeanor was supposed to have been.   In my profile I invite correction.  I could have learned a lot more from being told about whatever problem people have with me.

Since I can't do private message, I'll publicly accept your invitation.  This post in itself is confrontational and you say you want to be disruptive.  Yet you get defensive when people react to your posts and tone.  Then, once you respond, you go on and on, never letting things go.  Honestly, I think you are a very nice person, and in analog life, we probably would get along. But some of your personality or how you express yourself on the internet is a lot more grating then you probably intend.  I know it's true for me, and many others, but you tend to keep it going (likely unintentionally).   It's kind of cliquey here because some have been here since 2000, or more than 10 years. It also depends upon how often you poor and visit. It's like high school but you and I are both decades older than that. It is what it is, just hitch up your depends and seek analog affirmation for realz. It's nothing personal, it's just pixels. 

"Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword. For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

Remember what happened to that guy.

Since I can't do private message, I'll publicly accept your invitation.  This post in itself is confrontational and you say you want to be disruptive.  Yet you get defensive when people react to your posts and tone.  Then, once you respond, you go on and on, never letting things go.  Honestly, I think you are a very nice person, and in analog life, we probably would get along. But some of your personality or how you express yourself on the internet is a lot more grating then you probably intend.  I know it's true for me, and many others, but you tend to keep it going (likely unintentionally).   It's kind of cliquey here because some have been here since 2000, or more than 10 years. It also depends upon how often you poor and visit. It's like high school but you and I are both decades older than that. It is what it is, just hitch up your depends and seek analog affirmation for realz. It's nothing personal, it's just pixels. 

Thank you.  I don't want to be disruptive.  It's just that I am way too old for high school. I don't care how popular people are or how long they have been here.  I care about "living and defending the faith given to us by Jesus Christ." And that tends to disrupt things. 

I had already noticed the problem with letting things go and I have been working on that.  It helps to get input from others - just a little "OK you have made your point; you can stop now" would be good.

It is part of my basic personality to be intense and serious.  When I am online it is not "just pixels".  I do not think I am capable of relating to people online other than as real people.

I wonder what is coming across as defensive.  I don't feel defensive.  I am having trouble thinking of anything that has especially upset me because I have taken it personally.  I get upset by seeing others mistreated or by attacks on Church teaching.