An Old School Catholic Message Board

Best, Complete, Factual Account Of What's Happening In Ferguson

veritasluxmea

Is Mendelian genetics suppose to be difficult? Its the super basics.  :paperbag:

All Im asking for are some paragraph breaks, or maybe some flares of color! Otherwise I had a hard time concentrating cause Im dumb.

Edited by CrossCuT

Is Mendelian genetics suppose to be difficult? Its the super basics.  :paperbag:

not difficult so much as boring.

the above post shows two finely crafted, dynamic stories demonstrating how the available evidence can be made to fit opposing narratives: one in which Michael Brown is the villain, one in which the cop is.

in other words, imagination, dream catchers, and unicorns = lots of engaging stuff and nothing about recessive genes. No Care Bears were injured in the making of these stories.

brandelynmarie

Lilllabettt, would you be willing to write two more? One where they are both "innocent" & then both villains?

Then again, maybe you don't have to...point being there are multiple theories that can be created from certain facts...These young men were in the cigar store, they were walking in the street...et cetera...

Oh & I work in Cat Scan. I've seen people's faces bruised & bloodied beyond belief with only soft tissue damage & I've seen nondisplaced orbital fractures with minimal disfigurement. Just my two cents ;).

Yes, that's possible. Seems like that is what most people think happened.

Because they "know" that if a white cop in Missouri shoots an unarmed black man 7 times it must be an unjustifiable case of racist police brutality.

I'm saying they need to have the air let out of their thought bubbles.

Yeah.  It's weird that people jump right to thinking it's strange that an American cop had to shoot an unarmed teenager seven times.

I have no idea why this officer shot Michael Brown seven times.  Maybe Michael Brown punched him.  Maybe the cop was a racist.  Maybe the cop was just poorly trained.  Maybe the cop was, institutionally, well trained but the institution he is working for has a systemic problem resorting to deadly force unnecessarily.  

But when an unarmed teenager has more bullets fired into his body by a single officer than the entire police force of Britain fired last year that strikes some people as strange.  

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2014/08/armed-police

Ash Wednesday

I really don't think an argument about the cop's well being can be made from that video either way. It was filmed from a phone and too far away for us to tell. I think the cop very well could have suffered some kind of facial injury.

I have no problem with the cop's handling of the situation being called into question, though.

PhuturePriest

It seems to be all opinion and speculation so far. It's almost as if we should wait until the experts come up with a conclusion to the story or something. I know in this society we all think we're super smart and every person's opinion matters, but that's actually a lie. Just as the opinions of the laypeople on matters of dogma do not matter, the opinions of non-experts on situations which require experts do not in fact matter, and should not be voiced. Let's all take a strike at humility and pray every day, as opposed to speculating and arguing about things none of us are qualified to argue about.

Ash Wednesday

Haters gonna hate, speculators gonna speculate, alligators gonna alligate... I'm just waiting for all the facts to be laid out on the table.

I'm wondering if we'll ever really know the truth, though.  :unsure:

PhuturePriest

Haters gonna hate, speculators gonna speculate, alligators gonna alligate... I'm just waiting for all the facts to be laid out on the table.

I'm wondering if we'll ever really know the truth, though.  :unsure:

I believe people are capable of change, if they really want it.

As for really knowing the truth, it's incredibly doubtful.

http://news.yahoo.com/national-guard-withdraw-quieter-ferguson-072108370.html

hopefully if they do decide to charge the cop it will be because they think they can actually prove it. 

p.s. Ever read "To Kill a Mockingbird"? Yup. Political prosecution is pretty much the m.o. of the Jim Crow South. I-ro-ny.   

New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges?

"This officer has to be indicted. I'd hate to see what happens if he isn't. The rioting, the looting, man ...," said resident Larry Loveless, 29, as he stopped at the memorial for Brown where he was killed.

Edited by Lilllabettt

Semper Catholic

This thread makes me ashamed to be white.

Mainly due to the fact everyone here is claiming it's a white v. Black thing.

No you clowns. It's a Blue thing.

Cops no longer serve and protect. They enforce and execute. Bunch of unprofessional Barney Fifes acting like they're BAMFs on the street because they passed a two month academy. These guys have no idea what the constitution is.

There are 18 and 19 year olds in Afghanistan who understand and execute escalation of force procedures better then 6 year vet cops. And those kids are actually in a war zone. They face actual death and combat every day.

It would be great if we could have all the facts, but gee I wonder who is holding on to them? Certainly not the civilians in Ferguson. That would be the cops, who will close ranks as usual and fumble away any and all evidence.

This stuff is happening everywhere in America. Happened in NY a week prior. But Darren Wilson will get a fair trial, something Mike Brown never got as he was gunned down 40ft away from his executer.

• Winchester locked this topic