An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Have Food Neophobia?

PhuturePriest

Not A Mallard

Fear of trying new unappetizing foods, outside of the matrix. Its what Joe Pantoliano had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzZNWqUJuA4

PhuturePriest

I've never seen The Matrix, and I have no regrets.

what-i-if-told-you-you-read-the-top-line

I wasn't responding to that post, I was just saying it in jest. I've never seen The Matrix, and I have no regrets.

The Matrix is an excellent movie, despite the fact that since it was heavily imitated it now seems pretty cliché in hindsight.

On the other hand, the sequels are garbage.

PhuturePriest

The Matrix is an excellent movie, despite the fact that since it was heavily imitated it now seems pretty cliché in hindsight.

On the other hand, the sequels are garbage.

I have heard nothing good about the sequels. I don't want to watch a really good first movie, like it so much that I have an uncontrollable urge to watch the rest, and then be disappointed.

PhuturePriest

I vote to move this to the lame board. 

This thread is rectifiable if people merely see how many points they get. I predictably did an exceptional job and got a 55. What did you get?

I have heard nothing good about the sequels. I don't want to watch a really good first movie, like it so much that I have an uncontrollable urge to watch the rest, and then be disappointed.

IMO it is entirely possible to treat the Matrix as a standalone movie. Strictly speaking the ending is open-ended, but it is more of a case that the rest of the story really did not matter all that much. Or at least should not have, had they not made the sequels.

I have seen the original several times. Saw each of the sequels once, and I do not even remember them. I refuse to let two flops ruin a movie that is good in its own right.

veritasluxmea

This thread is rectifiable if people merely see how many points they get. I predictably did an exceptional job and got a 55. What did you get?

:huh:

whatever it was it's better than yours 

I got a 51 and only my love of certain ethnic foods—the result of 7 years living overseas—prevented me from maxing out the test and blowing up the webpage.

My reasons are neurological: Many food textures make me gag.

BTW: Someone needs to send the link to this website to all those religious communities that force people to eat whatever's put in front of them.

Edited by curiousing

PhuturePriest

I got a 51 and only my love of certain ethnic foods—the result of 7 years living overseas—prevented me from maxing out the test and blowing up the webpage.

My reasons are neurological: Many food textures make me gag.

Typically it is taste that gets me, but there are some textures that make me risk vomiting, despite taste.

Typically it is taste that gets me, but there are some textures that make me risk vomiting, despite taste.

Yeah, I love the taste of tomatoes—if they're completely pureed to an absolutely smooth texture. If they're not, they're coming back up.

I scored 64.

Like curiousing, only my tolerance of some ethnic foods (but even then, super limited) stopped me from maxing out. Trying new foods makes me really really anxious - especially when people put pressure on me to try things. I've improved slightly in the last few years but if I do try something it has to be on my terms and not because someone's making me try it. 

My 'food rules' are very irrational. Often I won't even eat a different brand of something because I just don't know what it tastes like. My favourite food ever is my mother's macaroni cheese - but I absolutely despise all kinds of cheese. Just the smell of cheese...bleh. I also don't like touching foods I wouldn't eat, I won't eat something if it's touched a food I don't like and I don't even like my food being cooked in a pan that has had food I don't like in it (even if it's been washed). I do wonder why my mother hasn't killed me yet.