An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Theory On Drugs

MarysLittleFlower

MarysLittleFlower

I don't get "pleasure" from marinuana. It's relaxing I guess that's sorta of a pleasure. When I used to drink I got pleasure from alchol. To much pleaure hence its been 16 months now since I've had a drink though.I'm thankful though because the pleasure from alcohol led to a lot of pain.

Ok maybe it would help a lot if you explained why people do marijuana or if you want to share, you specifically :) I mean if its not pleasure. But by this term I meant fun experiences too.

I don't really get anything from alcohol since I have it so rarely and so little. I know people who have more but it still has some secondary purpose. When the purpose of alcohol is to get drunk then there's a dangerous intention IMO?

MarysLittleFlower

How do you think a person acts after smoking in moderation? I'm curious.

I heard some get giggly or talk about things they wouldn't normally talk about it. (Less inhibition). Am I right/wrong?

My main issue seems to be more with the reason people smoke.... Even if no one can tell through their actions... What is the purpose? (Not a rhetorical question I'm actually interested to know).

What is the purpose? (Not a rhetorical question I'm actually interested to know).

The same purpose a guy has beers after work while mowing the yard or watching tv. To relax and unwind.

Peace be with you Josh,

The same purpose a guy has beers after work while mowing the yard or watching tv. To relax and unwind.

Does it relax without affecting the intellect or reason?

I really could care less what the dea classifies it as..The Most High called it good on the first page of the Bible.

Edited by Guest

Have to wonder why the DEA classifies it as a Class I Controlled Substance.

I'm sure winchester will enlighten you as to why.

I know some people are not interested in the experiences of people who have actually used the substance. They want hard data. That's understandable but there are 2 problems 1) a good deal of marijuana use is subjective/not easily measured and because it is a schedule 1 substance it's really difficult to get approved to study it in an official capacity.

In any case I'll tell you why I used to smoke (It's been over a year). To chill/relax before I fell asleep usually. I'm always a bundle of nerves and falling asleep is hard because my mind races at night. A little mj could help with that. Or if I wanted to listen to music or watch a movie, I would use it to enhance the experience. I think it's good for me to alter the way my brain works sometimes because I feel nervous a lot (for example every time an unknown number calls the house I automatically assume it's someone trying to get in touch with me because someone died or is seriously injured. fun stuff). And it just makes movies and music so much better. And food too, but you have to be careful with that! I've definitely overindulged on that end when I was high sometimes (not all the time) but it's also something I've overdone when I was completely sober.

As to whether mj affects your reason and will, I've never gotten a concrete picture as to what that is. I've never done anything (bad) high that I haven't done sober, and the worst sins I've committed have been when I'm sober not high. I still have a sense of what's right and wrong. It's not like all of the sudden I'd smoke a joint and be like "ok it's time to get laid!" Or do something stupid and not remember the next day.

I've never been drunk so I can't compare, but I don't know if there is a marijuana equivalent of beer goggles and I've never seen anyone high get violent and aggressive.

also I don't mean to scandalize anyone. don't use drugs if it's against your conscience. I don't anymore, just sharing my experience for those interested.