An Old School Catholic Message Board

Welcome to the upgraded phorum

dUSt

Look around and check things out. Use this thread to tell me what needs fixing, or just to complain without offering constructive feedback.

​Your font socks don't match

AccountDeleted

The 'sign in anonymously' feature doesn't work anymore. Even if I select this, it shows me online and when I last signed in. Doesn't seem to be much point in offering this feature if it doesn't work eh?

Honestly thank you so much for doing all this work for us. And I'm glad it's back :)  So far so good... only thing that's bothered me is not having that dropdown preview of each topic. But that's peanuts really.

Honestly thank you so much for doing all this work for us. And I'm glad it's back :)  So far so good... only thing that's bothered me is not having that dropdown preview of each topic. But that's peanuts really.

​The preview is still there, it's just a hover now instead of a dropdown.

​The preview is still there, it's just a hover now instead of a dropdown.

​Oh cool - gotcha! :)

IgnatiusofLoyola

I'm having trouble posting a reply to the general topic, rather than to a specific, quoted post. When I post in the box "Reply to the topic" I'm getting a blank quote screen, and also some red lines and characters that appear to be related to formatting, but that I don't understand. Apparently we can post a reply without a quote because others have done this, but there is something I am missing. And, I have no idea what this reply will look like when it's posted. (Guess I'll find out.)

In any case, my initial purpose for posting was that I can see some emoticons, but others show up only as an emoticon code. Is there now a smaller group of emoticons to choose from? If so, will more emoticons be added later? One thing I have always liked about Phatmass compared to other forums is the large and unique group of emoticons to choose from.

Note: in the process of writing this post, I was able to delete all the blank Quotes that I had collected as I tried to figure out how to format the post. However, I don't remember exactly what I did. Bottom line: Is it possible to make the Reply to Topic process more straightforward for computer dummies like me?

Thanks!! I'm so glad Phatmass is back. To quote the song, "Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone?...."

HopefulHeart

The forum looks great. Thank you, dUSt, for all your work!

I am unable to access the phorum on Chrome using my Windows 8 laptop. I can get to the Phatmass homepage, but whenever I try to go to the phorum, I get a "404 Sorry, the page you asked for couldn't be found" message. It is not a big hassle for me, since I can access the phorum using IE on my laptop. Still, I wanted to mention it in case other people are having a similar problem.

Is there now a smaller group of emoticons to choose from? If so, will more emoticons be added later? One thing I have always liked about Phatmass compared to other forums is the large and unique group of emoticons to choose from.

​I'm working on fixing the emoticons. Thanks!

The forum looks great. Thank you, dUSt, for all your work!

I am unable to access the phorum on Chrome using my Windows 8 laptop. I can get to the Phatmass homepage, but whenever I try to go to the phorum, I get a "404 Sorry, the page you asked for couldn't be found" message. It is not a big hassle for me, since I can access the phorum using IE on my laptop. Still, I wanted to mention it in case other people are having a similar problem.

​Are you behind a firewall? It is weird you say this because I also get the 404 errors using Chrome, but only when connected behind a company firewall. All other browsers are fine. Anyone else having issues with Chrome?

Nihil Obstat

I am using Chrome and it is working fine.

HopefulHeart, is it possible that a setting on Chrome is directing you to a broken link? Double check your address bar.

HopefulHeart

I apparently resolved the problem by deleting my browsing history and cookies. I'm still not sure why I was getting the 404 message, but I can now access the phorum on Chrome. Thanks for your suggestions.

AccountDeleted

I've had no problem with Chrome so far. And things seem to be coming back to normal for most functions. I still miss being able to sign in anonymously without announcing that I am online, but that feature isn't available on many forums so I guess if it doesn't come back here either, it doesn't. matter.

veritasluxmea

dUSt... the YouTube videos! how do you post them? Also now all my vines in the lame board are just links. Lame! I loved that thread. 

1. You deleted my hilarious Morpheus thread.

2. There's a gaping hole along the entire right side of the homepage, big enough to fit even your giant bald head into. I figure maybe that's what you're saving that space for.

3. It's slow.

4. I can't like my own posts. Who's going to like my posts if I don't even like them myself?