An Old School Catholic Message Board

Welcome to the upgraded phorum

dUSt

AccountDeleted

A couple of questions... how do I embed a video now? How do I turn on/off codes? Is this not possible any more?

Ancilla Domini

I really like the fact that I can paste a photo-link into the main body of the message and then double click it and have it show up as an imbedded picture. Great going there, dUSt!

IgnatiusofLoyola

Sometimes I am having trouble responding to posts. (It comes and goes.) Sometimes the quote screen appears when I'm not actually quoting a post. And, when I DO want to quote a post, I'm having trouble formatting. My reply often appears as part of the quote.

Also, most of the time (possibly all of the time--I can't remember), when I try to use an emoticon, and then push "Submit reply" I am sent to the dreaded 404 Error screen. I'll try again with this post, and see what happens.

Usually it helps if I leave Phatmass entirely, then come back.

All I can figure is that this is a not-so-subliminal message from the software that I shouldn't post as often. One time I tried to post a funny reply, and after trying four times, I just gave up. Obviously the software did not think my joke was funny. :paperbag:

Note: I am logging in using my computer with IE. Thanks!

IgnatiusofLoyola

Well, THIS time I was able to use an emoticon. That's progress.

I think that when I have problems posting a reply, I'll just leave Phatmass, and then come back. That seems to fix the problem, for whatever reason.

AccountDeleted

Well, THIS time I was able to use an emoticon. That's progress.

I think that when I have problems posting a reply, I'll just leave Phatmass, and then come back. That seems to fix the problem, for whatever reason.

​You appear to have a very strange situation there Barb. Have you checked your Internet settings, cookies, all that sort of stuff? I haven't had any issues with logging in at all. I use Chrome. Maybe you need to change browsers? Just brain storming here because it's sounds very frustrating to have to log in and out and delete history and all that every time. Good luck.

Nihil Obstat

Hey @dUSt, could you clarify something for us? I am not clear as to whether or not the "sign in anonymously" function actually works. I usually like to sign in anonymously, but my name seems to be showing up in the active users' list. I am wondering if I can only see my name because I am logged in with my account, or if anyone can see that. Ditto in terms of the list of people who recently viewed your profile, etc.

Hey @dUSt, could you clarify something for us? I am not clear as to whether or not the "sign in anonymously" function actually works. I usually like to sign in anonymously, but my name seems to be showing up in the active users' list. I am wondering if I can only see my name because I am logged in with my account, or if anyone can see that. Ditto in terms of the list of people who recently viewed your profile, etc.

​You should ask other people if they can see your name. I can always see names because of being administrator. That anonymous option is only suppose to work for non admins.

Edited by dUSt

IgnatiusofLoyola

​You should ask other people if they can see your name. I can always see names because of being administrator. That anonymous option is only suppose to work for non admins.

​I just signed in anonymously. Maybe someone can check the screen and see if they can see my name. (I'll stay signed in for at least an hour.)

Nihil Obstat

​I just signed in anonymously. Maybe someone can check the screen and see if they can see my name. (I'll stay signed in for at least an hour.)

​I do not see you on the active users' list, so it appears to work.

IgnatiusofLoyola

I'm still logged in, so yes, the anonymous function seems to work. (I have been clicking on New Content at least every few minutes to keep my status as "actively browsing.")

IgnatiusofLoyola

@nunsense You made a post just a minute or so ago, and I coul not see your name among the logged in users. :->  The anonymous function is working!