vee Posted November 6, 2015 Posted November 6, 2015 Wow. A week-old apple fritter, huh? One'd think you're a Franciscan. I was thinking the same thing.
dominicansoul Posted November 6, 2015 Author Posted November 6, 2015 believe it or not, Dominicans are very good at saving leftovers and making sure to eat every morsel... While in the convent, I once got to eat some mish mash of leftover (I think it was rice, beans, who knows what else) all packed into a round tupperware that nobody else wanted to finish off. I volunteered. I put the entire thing into the microwave, heated it up and popped it on a plate. It was still in the shape of the container when I took it into the refectory to the amusement of the other Sisters who couldn't hold their laughter in. It got worse when I started eating the thing. We were in silence, but they couldn't help it, one finally bust out, "I can't believe you're eating that entire thing!" I was eating it with lots of ketchup. If I remember correctly, it was freaking delicious...
MarysLittleFlower Posted November 6, 2015 Posted November 6, 2015 My Dominican roommate helped me to realize it's not good to throw away food. True story.
vee Posted November 8, 2015 Posted November 8, 2015 ohmygosh, my phativersary came and went and I just noticed now!
dominicansoul Posted November 23, 2015 Author Posted November 23, 2015 Hey Vee... Here we get scrapes with deer....but... meanwhile in Canada...
NadaTeTurbe Posted November 23, 2015 Posted November 23, 2015 2 hours ago, dominicansoul said: Hey Vee... Here we get scrapes with deer....but... meanwhile in Canada... Wait, they don't see this often ? So it's mean they see this sometimes ? What is happening in Canada ?
vee Posted November 23, 2015 Posted November 23, 2015 Its just a weird headline. I googled the story and they hit a bear crossing the road. Upon hitting it the impact sent it through the windshield. That kind of accident is much more common with deer not bears. http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCATRE7573RN20110608 and that was 4 years ago ds, quit living in the past
dominicansoul Posted December 3, 2015 Author Posted December 3, 2015 by the way, did the bear that got hit and flipped into that car get up and just walk away????
Lil'Monster Posted December 3, 2015 Posted December 3, 2015 3 hours ago, dominicansoul said: by the way, did the bear that got hit and flipped into that car get up and just walk away???? He flew away...
Maximilianus Posted December 4, 2015 Posted December 4, 2015 I almost ran into a deer once on my bike. I was coming up a hill when I caught the deer off guard. It was on the side of the road, panicked when it saw me and bolted right in front of me in an attempt to cross to the other side, only it's retreat was not graceful. It stumbled right in front of me as I closed on it's position. Luckily it got it's footing and avoided the collision. The story would be much cooler if it had been a bear.
dominicansoul Posted December 4, 2015 Author Posted December 4, 2015 If it had been a bear, you might not be here to tell the story
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now