An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You're A Catholic Nerd When...

Andrea348

When you start being able to spy cross shaped patterens on doors, or any other inanimate object that no one would think of associating with a cross.

When you think Jesus' arms stretched out on a cross looks like He wants a hug. :wub:

Edited by Enda

I don't know if anyone's done this yet....

when you have pictures of the family on the wall and have more than one of Pope John Paul II.

when you buy a statue of the baby Jesus (actual baby size) and hold him like a real baby until you get home.

[quote name='StColette' date='Jul 2 2004, 05:04 PM'] when you do the Sign of the Cross when driving past a Catholic Church

( I do this all the time and my friends don't have any clue what i'm doing ) [/quote]
Everyone in my old home town used to do that. If you DIDN'T do the sign of the cross everyone's mouths would drop open.

daugher-of-Mary

[quote]Everyone in my old home town used to do that. If you DIDN'T do the sign of the cross everyone's mouths would drop open. [/quote]

:o Wow. I want to move there!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Everytime you see a crucifix, you want to relieve Jesus of His sufferings, or at least make Him more comfortable or even hold Him up on the cross...

Maybe that's just me...

when almost all your bookmarked pages are Catholic Apologetocs sites and Catholic Exchange, Catholic Answers Live, GodSpy, etc :lol:

when today you realized that the highlight of your day will be getting on the PM voice chat :lol:

well...that may have been because I was bored out of my mind punching holes into papers at my dad's office...:rolleyes:

You know you're a Catholic Nerd when you carry prayers and saint cards in your wallet!

Look at the cleaning out your wallet thread!

You know you're a Catholic Nerd when you carry a rosary with you everywhere!

You know you're a Catholic Nerd when you had a "funeral" for your scapular when you burnt it. With the reading of scripture, holy water, etc.

You know your a Catholic Nerd when you volenteer at hte Catholic Radio Station booth, and they don't need you to help, so they paid 38.00 dollars for you to get in for free.

You know your a Catholic Nerd when you spend more money at Rummage sales on Catholic books then you do for anythign else!

You know your a Catholic Nerd when after sneezing you make the sign of the cross even if no one said, "God Bless You"

Honestly I do that!

Well, that's all I got!

Pax Christi,

Eddie

You know your a Catholic Nerd when you sign letters, and emails and private messages with a latin phrase!

• 2 weeks later...
homeschoolmom

You know you're a Catholic nerd when you plan your vacation to meet your PM friends

You know you're a Catholic nerd when you try to see how many new parishes you can attend mass in while on vacation

You know you're a Catholic nerd when you drive through small towns on vacation and you make a game of locating the Catholic parish... (extra credit for finding something with KoC on it) Double bonus for a Cathedral...

You know you're a Catholic nerd when the minute you get home, you want to thank all of your fellow Catholic nerdy friends for indulging you in your Catholic nerdy behavior... :)

You know you're a Catholic Nerd when you sit down in the chair ready to turn the tv on when you look at the clock see that it's 3 and you immedietly remember that it's 3 o'clock, aka. Divine Mercy Chaplet time. You immediately turn to EWTN and join in.

Yes that just happened...

• 2 months later...
Piccoli Fiori JMJ

You know you are a Catholic Nerd when you stay up all night and for fun you make a lift of Fransican Saints and Blessed.

See: [url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=22407"]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=22407[/url]

:rotfl: