An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You're A Catholic Nerd When...

Andrea348

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Crusader_4' date='Jul 3 2004, 11:00 PM'] loverofhockey@hotmail.com :D [/quote]
dude i got you. i am no longer confused!! :banana: yeah! :cheer:

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jul 3 2004, 10:35 PM'] I only have four or so. :sadder: [/quote]
you can add me: irishrose85@hotmail.com

ThyWillBeDone

You Know You're A Catholic Nerd When...

...you named your two fish, Newman (after John Henry Cardinal Newman) and JP2 after our wonderful Holy Father.

Chris

Ash Wednesday

Here's one. It is 10:30 on a Saturday night, and I'm hanging out at the Catholic message board, with a beer in hand.

(Hey now, I'm well over 21!!!)

You also might be a Catholic nerd if you have a friend that calls you "Nun" as a nickname.

You might be a Catholic nerd if you have to re-sew a worn out scapular.

You might be a Catholic nerd if you have ever visited great cathedrals in Europe, and you are truly MORE than just a tourist and you understand everything that is inside of those churches.

You might be a Catholic nerd if you pray the rosary with your fingers.

You might be a Catholic nerd if you carry a small vial of holy water in your purse.

You might be a Catholic nerd if you ask the waitress at a restaurant during Lent if the Friday clam chowder has bacon in it.

You might be a Catholic nerd if you greet your freinds in Latin and call each by your saint Names... or favorite saints... "HEY Francis! Whats up!" "Nothing, how are you Ignatius?" LOL!

daugher-of-Mary

You might be an (Irish) Catholic nerd if you know what phrases like the "seacht ndolas na maighdine Muire" mean. ;)

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Jul 4 2004, 10:57 PM'] You might be an (Irish) Catholic nerd if you know what phrases like the "seacht ndolas na maighdine Muire" mean. ;) [/quote]
hehehe The Seven Sorrows of the Virgin Mary ?

ty lol I only know certain Catholic expressions and prayers in Gaelic, lol luckily that was one of them :D