An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You're A Catholic Nerd When...

Andrea348

This happened ot me today...

When you go to the Mexican restaurant, find your total to be $6.66 and think, "Wait a minute, I had a taco salad, not a Caesar salad...."

Edited by thicke

[quote name='thicke' date='Jun 30 2004, 03:21 PM'] This happened ot me today...

When you go to the Mexican restaurant, find your total to be $6.66 and think, "Wait a minute, I had a taco salad, not a Caesar salad...." [/quote]
lol that happens to me alot at stores, I usually grab a pack of gum so I won't have that number. :huh:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='lankyswimmer' date='Jun 30 2004, 02:12 PM'] if you pass by a protestant/evangelical church and yell "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD SUCKAS!!!!!!!"

you might be a Catholic nerd [/quote]
You might even be a really uncharitable Catholic nerd...

homeschoolmom

[quote name='thicke' date='Jun 30 2004, 03:21 PM'] When you go to the Mexican restaurant, find your total to be $6.66 and think, "Wait a minute, I had a taco salad, not a Caesar salad...." [/quote]
Have you noticed that the total number of replies in the QA is 666...? It's been driving me nuts all day...

toledo_jesus

you know you're a Catholic nerd when:

The girl cutting your hair notices your CCM shirt and you get into a discussion about the Mass versus a Protestant sermon.

shelly_freak

...your idea of partying on friday is hanging out at the roller rink with your youth ministry buddies

...when all you dream about is the next youth retreat you're gonna go to

...when you plan to rollerblade to church to get some exercise

...when you start to think religious guys are really hot

...when you have way too many books by C.S. Lewis cheched out from the library

...when you think about getting a crucafix tatooed to your ankle

...when you pray for everyone you hear about

let_go_let_God

[quote name='Rebirth flame' date='Jun 30 2004, 12:58 PM'] ...when you make/pray rosaries so often that you have blisters on your fingers...!

...when you have stains on some of your shirts from where you've made the sign of the cross with Holy Water so many times in the past...!

...when you have more Christian/Catholic t-shirts than you do all your other clothes combined...!

...when you day-dream in school about how cool it would be to walk on water...!

...when you go to the lake later in the day to try and walk on water...!

...when you pray to God that you won't drown cuz you tried to walk on water...! [/quote]
Guilty (except its called swimming)

... When your friends/priests/youth ministers flick Holy Water in your face and say May God bless you, and it's thought rude if you don't do it back.

Norseman82

[quote name='lankyswimmer' date='Jun 30 2004, 02:12 PM'] if you pass by a protestant/evangelical church and yell "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD SUCKAS!!!!!!!"

you might be a Catholic nerd [/quote]
Well, there is someone in the neighborhood who has stickers on his vehicles, one of which is "No hope in the Pope". When I walk past his house I whistle "Immaculate Mary".

Norseman82

[quote name='thicke' date='Jun 30 2004, 03:21 PM'] This happened ot me today...

When you go to the Mexican restaurant, find your total to be $6.66 and think, "Wait a minute, I had a taco salad, not a Caesar salad...." [/quote]
I actually wrote a check for the weekly collection at a parish I used to go to and the check number was 666!

(yes, they did cash it!!!)

Crusader_4

When on Cruise night you take the car out and roll down the windows and play some good old Catholic Hymns "seek the lord....While he may be found!!"

homeschoolmom

You get a new cd and can't wait to get home to listen to it... and it's Gregorian Chant... :)

let_go_let_God

... when you freak out about thoughts of missing mass over thoughts of flying over the Atlantic Ocean