An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You're A Catholic Nerd When...

Andrea348

[quote]when your MSN messenger name is in Latin[/quote] Ave Maria, Hallelujah. And my Yahoo messenger name is una_fide... like my name on here

Norseman82

When you dream that you are at an Eastern Rite mass and the cantor is chanting from a technical manual from a document software package at work.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

+JMJ+

Well, you could be considered a nerd if...

Everytime you visit a parish not during Mass, you immediatly look for the tabernacle...
Everytime you visit another parish and you find out there is Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament you literally jump for joy outside the chapel before going in...
Your nickname is "Sister ______________", and just about everyone calls you it...
Your nickname is "Pope" (He's a good friend of mine, son af a Deacon, sorry if it offends anyone!)...
You go up to your girlfriends who have boyfriends and tell them you have a boyfriend too, and if they don't know who you are talking about because you are going to be a nun, you tell them, "DUH! Jesus!"...

I liked the one about guys who want to be priests dating the Church... :)

Your associate priests at your parish douse you with Holy Water everytime they come around during Easter w/ the sprinkling...
Your priests don't want to hear your confession... because it takes so long...
All you listen to on the radio is christian radio stations...
Everytime there is a book sale at the library, you go staright to the religion section...
You read the Catechism for fun...
You have nun paper dolls... (Funny thing is, I do)
Your bible is falling apart after only one year of recieving it... (Well, it was a paperback...)
You have Holy Cards and pictures of Saints and all other Holy Whatnot plastered all over your room...
You have a picture box specially reserved for Holy Cards and pamplets and small religious books and it is stuffed...
You freak out when your friends don't want to go to Mass...
You freak out when people start whispering during Mass...
You really freak out when at your sister's 1st communion, people are taking pictures during Mass after the pastor DIRECTLY told them, "NO CAMERAS!" and afterwards when they were putting their purses and bags and stuff on the Altar in the Chapel, and completely ignoring the tabernacle as well... (It was very sad :( )
The entire backseat of your car is full of religious books including the Bible and Catechism...
You have EWTN all day, or even better, you secretly watch EWTN so your mom doesn't freak out about it... (My mom is strange, Catholic, but strange)
You pray a Rosary at the beginning of every retreat for its sucess... (Def. works!)
You go around trying to find someone to pray a Rosary with you at retreats...
You are in the process of trying to get your slightly "anti-"Rosary friend to get hooked on the Rosary and it is one of your life goals...

I think I'm out... Man, I love this post!

God Bless and Mary Protect...
Yours in the Most Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

FutureNunJMJ +

~*AnCoRa33*~

... When you don't want to drink your Starbucks because, MAN, THINK OF ALL THOSE GRACES!!!!!!

... When you don't listen to your music when going to bed because you could be praying the Rosary and saving souls!

... When all 20 of "those little bathroom books" are Catholic, a third on Confession, and the others with quotes from saints!!

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jul 2 2004, 11:20 AM'] You have EWTN all day, or even better, you secretly watch EWTN so your mom doesn't freak out about it... [/quote]
Guilty....sad to say it but still guilty

My parents take the time to delete EWTN from the flipping line up, but still leave all the home shopping networks...go figure

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Andrea348' date='Jul 2 2004, 12:34 PM'] My parents take the time to delete EWTN from the flipping line up, but still leave all the home shopping networks...go figure [/quote]
+JMJ+

I'm sorry about that... Well, at least I know that I'm not the only one!

God Bless and Mary Protect...
Yours in the Most Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary

FutureNunJMJ +

1337 k4th0l1x0r

[quote name='Andrea348' date='Jul 2 2004, 12:34 PM'] My parents take the time to delete EWTN from the flipping line up, but still leave all the home shopping networks...go figure [/quote]
I had a roommate where I used to live who removed all the religious channels from the TV lineup. Poor guy, he's a fallen Catholic. I pray that his soul returns to the Church. Maybe I should hide a green scapular in his room next time I'm over there.

theculturewarrior

I just thought of a pickup line today... "Girl, you're prettier than the Sanctus from Missa Papae Marcelli." Does this mean that I too am a Catholic nerd? :nerd: :cowboy:

mom25angels

......when your kids think the coolest thing in the world is Children's Adoration.

......when the highlight of your week was praying the rosary without interuption from your five children

.....when your kids insist that even though your priest has blessed the house twice already it needs to be done again

.....when you're most exciting plans for the summer are to have a cookout with your equally nerdy neighbor and a bunch of monks and nuns.

Rebirth flame

[quote name='mom25angels' date='Jul 2 2004, 04:06 PM'] .....when you're most exciting plans for the summer are to have a cookout with your equally nerdy neighbor and a bunch of monks and nuns. [/quote]
LOL!!! that's awesome!!! :D

i'd have to agree with your kids, tho... Adoration is totally the highlight of my week! (it's not really childrens Adoration, but Jesus is the same in both, right...? :D ) i haveta start goin to Adoration more often... gotta keep my nerdiness in check, ya know? :P

daugher-of-Mary

[quote]When you dream that you are at an Eastern Rite mass and the cantor is chanting from a technical manual from a document software package at work. [/quote]

:lol: :lol:

or you can chant the entire Liturgy from memory in Slavanic or English plus the Eight Resurrectional Tones.

heyyoimjohnny

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Jun 28 2004, 09:04 AM'] ...you say things to your Guardian Angel out loud
...you have a name for your Angel (hey, your Angel really is a life long companion and friend)
:cool: [/quote]
Hehe... that's me. His name's Hwio. That stands for He Who Is Overworked :D

[quote]You are in the process of trying to get your slightly "anti-"Rosary friend to get hooked on the Rosary and it is one of your life goals...[/quote]

lol this is so me :D I'm working on one of my best friends at the moment lol