An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You're A Catholic Nerd When...

Andrea348

Crusader_4

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jul 2 2004, 11:20 AM']
You have EWTN all day, or even better, you secretly watch EWTN so your mom doesn't freak out about it... (My mom is strange, Catholic, but strange)
[/quote]
So true...or you try to get EWTN at your house but your mom wont let you so when you go to an hotel in the states your ecstatic!

when you do the Sign of the Cross when driving past a Catholic Church

( I do this all the time and my friends don't have any clue what i'm doing )

When you read every single post on this thread, thinking that you are so far behind, being somewhat jealous of their piety, a bit envious of their knowledge and wishing each and every one of them lived right in my neighborhood so I can hang out with all the Cool Catholic Nerds and be just like them !!!!

YOUR'E ALL FREAKS!!!
THANK GOD!!!

Peace :peace:

heyyoimjohnny

You stop saying "Oh my God" when something surprising happens as an exclamation, but as a prayer...

Yeah I know that was lame...

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jul 2 2004, 11:20 AM'] I liked the one about guys who want to be priests dating the Church... :) [/quote]
Thanks, I even think that was original...

When you drive through the city blasting monk music with your car windows open / car top down. (one of my friends who's now in Rome used to do this)

Some one asks whats up and you say "Debating the binding nature of papal statements on morals and faith, in light of paragraph 25 of Lumen Gentium, and how the apply to Just War Doctrine."

You write your term paper for school on Vatican II. And you go to a public school. LOL!

stargirl3:16

When you wish that you had your driver's license so that you could go to weekly confession...and daily Mass... and Adoration both times each week...

When you baby-sit for the neighbors because they have EWTN and you don't.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Andrea348' date='Jul 2 2004, 09:02 PM'] When you turn any paper topic in any class into something that deals with Catholicism. [/quote]
Yes.

Even moreover...when you do so and your teachers get angry and persecute you for it...

stargirl3:16

book discussions with your friend centers on St. Augustine's Confessions and The Screwtape Letters.