An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tanks

fides' Jack

The US has announced it is complying with a Ukrainian request to supply it with controversial cluster munitions. 

Cluster munitions are banned by more than 100 countries, including the UK, Canada, New Zealand and Spain.  Human rights groups have described cluster munitions as "abhorrent" and even a war crime.

KnightofChrist
19 minutes ago, Norseman82 said:

Phatmass:  Come for the tacos, stay for the conspiracy theories.

It can be entertaining and seem to get eyeballs to PM.

Sadly, the US sending cluster munitions to Ukraine isn't a conspiracy theory. Sadder still, if Biden is to be believed, the reason is due to Ukraine depleting it's conventional ammunition stockpiles. The Biden administration promises that the cluster ammunition will not be used against civilian targets. But how many times has that promise been broken and never intended to be kept? Still, without significant air power it is unlikely Ukraine really has a chance even with this ammunition. The counter-offensive has failed yet we don't even try to seek peace. 

At what point does the United States/NATO enter the war "directly"?

That is officially direct AND unofficially but actually direct?

The support from US/NATO is not just round after round of packages racking up billions of dollars and weapons of war, but intelligence and planning as well. At what point does Russia believe the US/NATO is directly involved? What happens then?

Since the beginning of this war there has been only escalation, slow but steady escalation and down a road of direct conflict between US/NATO and Russia/China. 

We should all be praying most fervently. 

KnightofChrist

Escalation continues: France will send Scalp Long-range Cruise Missiles to Ukraine. On condition they only be used within the internationally recognized boarders of Ukraine. It's doubtful that condition will be kept as what long range capabilities Ukraine had previously were used to attack Moscow. 

fides' Jack
16 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

It can be entertaining and seem to get eyeballs to PM.

Sadly, the US sending cluster munitions to Ukraine isn't a conspiracy theory. Sadder still, if Biden is to be believed, the reason is due to Ukraine depleting it's conventional ammunition stockpiles. The Biden administration promises that the cluster ammunition will not be used against civilian targets. But how many times has that promise been broken and never intended to be kept? Still, without significant air power it is unlikely Ukraine really has a chance even with this ammunition. The counter-offensive has failed yet we don't even try to seek peace. 

At what point does the United States/NATO enter the war "directly"?

That is officially direct AND unofficially but actually direct?

The support from US/NATO is not just round after round of packages racking up billions of dollars and weapons of war, but intelligence and planning as well. At what point does Russia believe the US/NATO is directly involved? What happens then?

Since the beginning of this war there has been only escalation, slow but steady escalation and down a road of direct conflict between US/NATO and Russia/China. 

We should all be praying most fervently. 

The end goal is war.  It's pretty clear that's what they're after.

17 hours ago, Norseman82 said:

Phatmass:  Come for the tacos, stay for the conspiracy theories.

Latest poll shows experts are concerned that by 2025 there won't be any more conspiracy theories if they keep coming true at the current rate...

What's really sad though is that people are so used to just dismissing anything that they won't even look it up.  The truth about the cluster munitions was a public announcement.  Time to wake up.

KnightofChrist

NATO rejected Ukraine's bid to join the alliance. Which is good, it would have triggered Article 5. Bringing the Alliance into direct conflict with Russia. 

Senator Graham (R) is upset.

13 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

Senator Graham (R) is upset.

Senator Graham is a War monger

Putin is a traitor to the new world order...

I for one don't like the new world order being proposed.

It just seems like a 'no win' situation...  *sigh*

fides' Jack
8 hours ago, Didacus said:

Putin is a traitor to the new world order...

I for one don't like the new world order being proposed.

It just seems like a 'no win' situation...  *sigh*

I think that was the point.

fides' Jack
3 hours ago, Didacus said:

In my opinion, there is little if anything left worth fighting for in the West...

Especially in Canada.

I agree.  The only thing I can see worth fighting for are traditional Catholic values.  Of course those have always been under attack, throughout the last 2,000 years.  But especially now.

13 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

I agree.  The only thing I can see worth fighting for are traditional Catholic values.  Of course those have always been under attack, throughout the last 2,000 years.  But especially now.

Indeed.  Agreed on both points.  However much under attack, the enemy will never prevail.

Empires rise and fall, but the Church remains.

fides' Jack
3 hours ago, Didacus said:

Indeed.  Agreed on both points.  However much under attack, the enemy will never prevail.

Empires rise and fall, but the Church remains.