cathgirl Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Balthazor' date='Nov 30 2004, 07:28 PM'] Number one biggest pet peeve of mine.... sweat pants or jersy shorts or anyshorts that have something written in big letters across a girls butt. I just wanna pull her aside and say "um excuse me miss, you have something on your butt." Also any clothing that has the words "lick me" on it....barf. [/quote] I have a pair of shorts that say "volleyball" on the back, but they are tight or anything. I also don't wear them around guys so htey don't bug me that much. If they say "sexy" or something like that, it really bugs me.
Balthazor Posted December 1, 2004 Author Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='LSW' date='Nov 30 2004, 06:44 PM'] :crackup: [/quote] I was wondering if you would catch that.
CreepyCrawler Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Nov 30 2004, 07:07 PM'] Actually, men more likely were naked when they were out fishing. I believe there is even a reference to it somewhere in the Gospels... Remember that to the ancients, modesty wasn't as important an issue, at least in some regards. It was common in Rome for women to be topless at social functions and such, just for the heck of it. They considered dressing up to be something you did to keep warm and protect yourself from small cuts and such. Women could breastfeed without men getting all weirded out and men would walk around naked all the time. Nowadays, we have become so tied in to the thought of sexuality as a bad thing that most men won't even sleep naked. The risk of scandal has gotten larger and includes even the most innocent things now. It's sad that we have to make up for all the sins we have by covering up the natural beauty God gave us in our bodies, but it must be done for the common good. [/quote] but then why is the virgin mary always fully clothed in statues and pictures? perhaps certain body parts or functions (like breastfeeding) weren't regarded as sexual, but i think that God advocates modesty. i mean, didn't the priests have a rule saying not to take huge steps up to the altar so that their undergarments didn't show (or something like that)?
Balthazor Posted December 1, 2004 Author Posted December 1, 2004 actually I have seen many classical art pictures with the virgin and child , and one of her breasts is exposed about to breast feed her child. below is one example [url="http://members.lycos.nl/manchicourt/images/Gossaert_Prado_Virgin_Child.jpg"]http://members.lycos.nl/manchicourt/images...irgin_Child.jpg[/url]
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='Nov 30 2004, 08:54 PM'] but then why is the virgin mary always fully clothed in statues and pictures? perhaps certain body parts or functions (like breastfeeding) weren't regarded as sexual, but i think that God advocates modesty. i mean, didn't the priests have a rule saying not to take huge steps up to the altar so that their undergarments didn't show (or something like that)? [/quote] Yeah, that's true...hmmm...
CreepyCrawler Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 are you agreeing with me?! did i say something right? i'm so excited i think it's possible that Jesus and the disciples were naked around each other, but they were all men and it wouldn't be in a 'public' setting, right? i mean, even if a fishing boat it would be only men around fishing in other boats, too. but God loves us so much that He wants to protect us from roving eyes and not to desensitize us to the beauty of the human form. i mean, we don't even notice the cleavage-y women on magazine covers anymore because cleavage and bared arms are everyday fare. but to someone who doesn't see that everyday, it's erotic. perhaps He's trying to help us be more sensitive to the erotic, in the appropriate setting. He does this by advocating modesty (I believe). (I don't want to plagarize, so I will say that this idea is somewhat influenced by the book I'm reading "A Return to Modesty." the cool thing about it is that the author is only 29 or 30!)
Duc_In_Altum Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 (edited) One thing that just knocks my block off is how it seems human evolution is following gravity. The gravitational pull of the earth must be dragging the waistline down by at least an inch each year. I guess the fashion design people are just following evolution when pants have such a low wasteline. The problem with this particular evolutionary phase is that the buttcrack isn't following the waistline. I have a particular biology lecture hall that im in twice a day that is equipped with slow incline seating (like the old movie theatres) and individual desks. I just go crazy when young ladies in the class wear these gravitational-response briches that seem to reveal their crack and they don't realize it. It's sick...and distracting. I'm sorry folks (wait a sec. No, actually i'm not sorry.). Plumbers' butt is reserved for plumbers- not female biology majors. Global warming aint the issue, folks. Fight the descent of the waistline! Please, for us biology majors! Lord have mercy, -Joe ps: Modest clothing is dope. Modest women....so dope. Edited December 1, 2004 by Duc_In_Altum
picchick Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Dave' date='Nov 30 2004, 06:04 PM'] Ya know, I was just thinking about clothing that shows off a girl's butt ... if you're a guy who likes to act like a girl doesn't have certain bodily functions, then this might keep you from getting tempted if you notice her butt ... anyway, if you notice her butt, instead of saying, "Oh, she's got a cute butt (@$$, tush, etc.)," instead say, "Oh, she's got a cute pooper." And if you're a guy who likes to act like girls don't have bowels, then I guarantee you girls' butts won't look so attractive anymore! [/quote] That seriously confused me...... I have no clue why...
Winchester Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 I'm very modest. Probably one of the most modest people I know. I also have gobs of humility.
Ash Wednesday Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Nov 30 2004, 05:55 PM'] 6. Girls in men's sports jersies and such...bad idea...most of the time, something that "unusual" is arousing and isn't good... [/quote] You have got to be kidding on that one. What the heck are women supposed to wear when they're on the field playing soccer or in a rink playing hockey? Skirts? Dresses? Or should we be in "charm school" learning to walk with books on our head, how to host a tea party, or sitting at home learning how to cook and knit instead? As a female athlete I spent much of my teens and current 20s wearing soccer jerseys and hockey jerseys and never got attention from men on account of that. They're baggy and they don't show anything. What's more it's not really that unusual.
Dave Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='picchick' date='Dec 1 2004, 01:08 AM'] That seriously confused me...... I have no clue why... [/quote] Well, so many guys I've known think that it's normal or funny when a guy takes a dump but gross when a girl takes a dump. Or funny when a guy fluffy air extractions but gross when a girl fluffy air extractions. So if they start calling girls' butts "poopers" then they'll be forced to admit that girls take dumps, and as a result they'll get repulsed and won't be tempted if they notice a girl's butt -- it'll have a totally different connotation!
Ash Wednesday Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 Dave, I think it's an interesting theory, except while male bowel activity is more talked about than female, unfortunately I have to tell you it doesn't stop women from noticing men's poopers. Though it does perhaps deplete the attraction factor. Perhaps. And women don't mushy mud pie or fluffy air extraction. At all. We, uh... sow flowers.
Duc_In_Altum Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 (edited) [quote] (Raphael @ Nov 30 2004, 05:55 PM) 6. Girls in men's sports jersies and such...bad idea...most of the time, something that "unusual" is arousing and isn't good...[/quote] [quote]You have got to be kidding on that one. [/quote] No he's not kidding. I think he means for the purpose of just wearing a huge jersey for the thrill of it. No problem with wearing one for a sporting event or a team uniform. There really is a bit of sexual implication to a woman wearing a jersey for pure fashion. It's certainly a social influence. A lot of tv and movies associate sex with them. It really can be distracting for a lot of guys. God bless, -Joe Edited December 1, 2004 by Duc_In_Altum
Dave Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 (edited) Well, Ash, women have surely come to expect that men mushy mud pie and fluffy air extraction, so it's only natural that they'd still be attracted to men's butts. Many guys have yet to expect that from women, though. And women not pooping or farting ... yeah right. I bet you could really let one rip! Edited December 1, 2004 by Dave
Paladin D Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Dec 1 2004, 01:20 AM'] You have got to be kidding on that one. What the heck are women supposed to wear when they're on the field playing soccer or in a rink playing hockey? Skirts? Dresses? Or should we be in "charm school" learning to walk with books on our head, how to host a tea party, or sitting at home learning how to cook and knit instead? As a female athlete I spent much of my teens and current 20s wearing soccer jerseys and hockey jerseys and never got attention from men on account of that. They're baggy and they don't show anything. What's more it's not really that unusual. [/quote] I have no problem with a woman wearing a jersey.
Ash Wednesday Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 Well, to me it depends on how it is carried off. I can see how a woman wearing a jersey in a suggestive way is bad -- but again anything worn for the sake of being suggestive is wrong. But when we start talking about "appropriate clothes according to gender" we're getting into a grey area. Like jeans and overalls. I can tell you one thing I personally find disgusting are ladies underwear that have those funky extra fabric sew overs like men's. Like those old fruit of the looms.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Dec 1 2004, 01:20 AM'] You have got to be kidding on that one. What the heck are women supposed to wear when they're on the field playing soccer or in a rink playing hockey? Skirts? Dresses? Or should we be in "charm school" learning to walk with books on our head, how to host a tea party, or sitting at home learning how to cook and knit instead? As a female athlete I spent much of my teens and current 20s wearing soccer jerseys and hockey jerseys and never got attention from men on account of that. They're baggy and they don't show anything. What's more it's not really that unusual. [/quote] No...I didn't mean any sports jersies, lol...that would be ridiculous. Don't think that I'm quite that weird yet...you don't even know me...wait until someday if you ever meet me, then you can validly pass me off as weird. I meant like when women wear ridiculously oversized, obviously meant for men, jersies in a normal, any-given-day setting. Most particularly football jersies...others, not so much. I'm just saying that it tends to get interest. If it's at all fair, I think it's stupid when men wear jersies off the field, too.
Balthazor Posted December 1, 2004 Author Posted December 1, 2004 Sooooo...... would my stillettos be indecent?
Balthazor Posted December 1, 2004 Author Posted December 1, 2004 I wear dresses sometimes..... but they are like retro 1952 dresses that come down to about the calf, with a full skirt. Honest to God one of them is really pretty and it is about 50 or more years old. Otherwise I get old patterns off of ebay and make them..... I like having a little smaller waist and fuller skirt. Today's style has no class like back then. It looks wicked cool, I am making another on my dressmakers dummy I have to finish.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now