Balthazor Posted December 1, 2004 Author Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Duc_In_Altum' date='Nov 30 2004, 11:59 PM'] One thing that just knocks my block off is how it seems human evolution is following gravity. The gravitational pull of the earth must be dragging the waistline down by at least an inch each year. I guess the fashion design people are just following evolution when pants have such a low wasteline. The problem with this particular evolutionary phase is that the buttcrack isn't following the waistline. I have a particular biology lecture hall that im in twice a day that is equipped with slow incline seating (like the old movie theatres) and individual desks. I just go crazy when young ladies in the class wear these gravitational-response briches that seem to reveal their crack and they don't realize it. It's sick...and distracting. I'm sorry folks (wait a sec. No, actually i'm not sorry.). Plumbers' butt is reserved for plumbers- not female biology majors. Global warming aint the issue, folks. Fight the descent of the waistline! Please, for us biology majors! Lord have mercy, -Joe ps: Modest clothing is dope. Modest women....so dope. [/quote] Plumbers butt should not be allowed for anyone! I hate seeing guys letting everything hang out...it is offensive. And young guys are just as as guilty. As for the low-rise jeans they are annoying. You can;t find any jeans that are "normal". All you can get are either jeans up to your chest.....or jeans that hang off your dupa...there is no in between. What I really hate is when I se these jeans on younger kids, like 12 year olds...... gross
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 Just thought I'd share that I'm wearing modest gray jeans, an "Original Old Navy: One Savior, Twelve Disciples, and a Fishing Boat" shirt, and an Old Navy dark blue/charcoal fleece, with a zip up neck. I'm also wearing my undies and two pairs of socks, but my toes are still freezing.
theculturewarrior Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 I heard in a talk by Christopher West that Jesus was crucified in the nude, being the New Adam and all.
Duc_In_Altum Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote]And young guys are just as as guilty.[/quote] Totally agree. Sorry if i made that seem like a shot at women. I was only speaking in the context of my biology class. Guys or Gals.....or plumbers- anyone just looks rediculous dressed like that. -Joe
mark3200 Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 I tend to question the morals of any woman who displays her "equipment" in public. As a high school teacher, I saw some pretty revealing clothing on females that displayed more than it hid. Yeah, we need to react to that sort of thing as a society, but our response is our choice. I think it's kind of funny when girls wear shirts that proclaim them to be "hotties" or "babes". IMHO, if she has to advertise it that blatantly, there's got to be issues.
mark3200 Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Balthazor' date='Dec 1 2004, 02:32 AM'] I wear dresses sometimes..... [/quote] I would too, but my employer frowns on that sort of thing...
cmotherofpirl Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 ALmost all my dresses come to the floor, I didn't plan it that way , I think I am shrinking
Sojourner Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 I don't like my legs, so I have long skirts/dresses for the most part. Although I do have one cocktail-length black dress.
homeschoolmom Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Dec 1 2004, 10:47 AM'] I don't like my legs, so I have long skirts/dresses for the most part. Although I do have one cocktail-length black dress. [/quote] Doesn't everyone? (the requisite "lil black dress") I have two...
Sojourner Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 1 2004, 10:50 AM'] Doesn't everyone? (the requisite "lil black dress") I have two... [/quote] Everyone should have. I've got one cocktail-length, and one mid-calf. Both are spring/summer dresses.
homeschoolmom Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Dec 1 2004, 10:52 AM'] Everyone should have. I've got one cocktail-length, and one mid-calf. Both are spring/summer dresses. [/quote] I love my little black dresses... wish I had more opportunity to wear them.... (probably not the YMCA or Target...)
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Dec 1 2004, 08:56 AM'] I heard in a talk by Christopher West that Jesus was crucified in the nude, being the New Adam and all. [/quote] More than likely. Men in ancient times were often nude outside and women stayed in doors usually, so it wouldn't have been much scandal. Not to mention that it would be hard for anyone, I imagine, to be sexually scandalized by a naked man who happened to be dying on a cross.
homeschoolmom Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Dec 1 2004, 12:34 PM'] More than likely. Men in ancient times were often nude outside and women stayed in doors usually, so it wouldn't have been much scandal. Not to mention that it would be hard for anyone, I imagine, to be sexually scandalized by a naked man who happened to be dying on a cross. [/quote] or a man dying on a cross who happened to be naked...
Lil Red Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Dec 1 2004, 08:47 AM'] I don't like my legs, so I have long skirts/dresses for the most part. Although I do have one cocktail-length black dress. [/quote] i usually wear shorter skirts and dresses because long skirts and dresses make my legs look really stumpy....i mean, really stumpy
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 1 2004, 01:42 PM'] or a man dying on a cross who happened to be naked... [/quote] Yeah, but that destroys the tone of sarcasm I had...
homeschoolmom Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Dec 1 2004, 12:46 PM'] Yeah, but that destroys the tone of sarcasm I had... [/quote] oh yes.. I know... but I'm really bored and I replied to all the other threads already...
Thy Geekdom Come Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 1 2004, 01:50 PM'] oh yes.. I know... but I'm really bored and I replied to all the other threads already... [/quote] This is why you need Instant Messenger...you can't get bored. Judging by what I know of you, I think I alone could keep you busy chatting for hours!
azaelia Posted December 1, 2004 Posted December 1, 2004 I'm wearing sweatpants and a boatneck tee right now...is that modest?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now