An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey, I'm New Here

Monica

cmotherofpirl

Monica when people ask me if I have a personal relationship with Jesus I say YES, and ask them if they have a personal relationship with His mom.

We don't worship her, but we honor her as the Mother of God.

She carried him for 9 months in her Body. She spent 33 years with Him, first her teaching him, then He teaching her. Then she saw Him tortured and murdered, her baby, her little boy, her God. Jesus as He was dying in agony, took special care to ask John to care for his mother, so she is now the Mother of us all. She spent the rest of her life with the Apostles.

No human being has ever been this close to God. At every point she said yes to God.

What a woman.!!!

We honor her with many titles, to point out all the virtues she embodies for us to emulate.

Monica every Saint you ever come up with was devoted to the Mother of God.

Edited by cmotherofpirl

Hey, can we get these topics off the "Open Mic" and into the "Debate Table?" Huh, please?

People who would be interested in the so-called Jesuit Oath, St. Maximillian Kolbe, and other interesting topics may not check 8 pages of a thread entitled, "Hey, I'm new here."

Thanx.

Hey, can we get these topics off the "Open Mic" and into the "Debate Table?"  Huh, please?

People who would be interested in the so-called Jesuit Oath, St. Maximillian Kolbe, and other interesting topics may not check 8 pages of a thread entitled, "Hey, I'm new here."

Thanx.

LOL, man...this is one large "Introduction" thread. ;)

littleflower+JMJ

But, oh well, I mean even Catholics have to get SOMETHING right somewhere along the way. Here is one exception. Maybe he was even saved, although he was a Catholic and devoted to Mary.

im very happy monica and proud of you that you were able to come to know just one of the many saints we have in the Catholic Church. dont be afraid to trek new ground that you have never crossed before....how would you know whats on the other side unless you see for yourself?

there are all many many more saints monica that make up our spiritual family. st. max was one of the greatest saints, so im very glad you look up on him.

the Blessed Mother, Mary, is our Mother, (John 19:25-27), anxiously waiting to guide all the children of God to her Son, Jesus Christ, we cannot go wrong with the Holy Mother because like at the weddign at cana, she is there to help us by saying, "do whatever he tells you". Her only purpose is to guide us to Her Son, Jesus Christ.

and it is through Mary, the BLessed MOther that we are able to grow closer to Jesus and know that we are in "good hands"....

God bless!

Happy All Saints day!! (st. max, pray for us!!!!)

+JMJ

In every point, he seems to be gently pointing a finger at Mary, who is stretching out both arms towards her son.

That's a very beautiful way to put that! :wub:

That's a very beautiful way to put that!  :wub:

i never said i approve.

i don't. I think it should be person ----->Jesus

not person ----->Mary------>Jesus

littleflower+JMJ

i never said i approve.

why not? God did.

cmotherofpirl

Jesus did not come to earth so we can have an exclusive one on one relationship with him to the exclusion of everybody else. Jesus was born in a family, and created a community (read family) while he was here. Its not Jesus and me, its Jesus and US.

Jesus left us a Church so we can be sacramentally related to him our whole life from Baptism at the beginning to the Anointing of the Sick at the end of our lives.

Monica as baptised members of the Kingdom, we are members of the Body of Christ.

THe Body of Christ includes the Church Triumphant ( those in heaven), the Church Militant ( thats us), and the Church Suffering (all those in Purgatory undergoing purification).

THis means as a Catholic I have a very large family. :D , who continously pray for and encourage each other. St Max is right up there praying for you, along with Mary and all the other Saints. The Church Miltant and Church Suffering we are praying for you as well.

Mary has a unique position in all of this, as the Mother of God and Mother of All Christians. She is closer to God than any human ever born by virtue of her obedience and her role. She is the "Eve" who yes.

i never said i approve.

Monica, remember the wedding feast at Cana?

Our Lady said to the servants there "do whatever He (Jesus) tells you" - the servants didn't just go "Yo, Jesus, what do You want us to do", Mary, His Mom, told them to do whatever He told them...

i never said i approve.

Why should that be so?

That philosophy isn't Biblical.

Pax Christi. <><

Edited by Anna

Intercessory prayer: it's not just for earthbound Christians. Those in heaven have the closest connection, maybe even better reception! :D