An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey, I'm New Here

Monica

I read in some magazine that in the early 1800's, the Church proclaimed a doctrine which told Catholics only to eat licorice for breakfast.

Ya know, I read the same thing in line at the grocery store, from the Enquirer.

What and where is the source?

Guest jrob8503

Yeah, I also thought he could have come up with something more creative. The book has a lot of good stuff in it, and he's the man I thank for my conversion.

cmotherofpirl

i read that limp bizkit songs were the only accepted praise and worship songs in the catholic church.

Gee I thought it was Brand New and Taking back Sunday.

IcePrincessKRS

i read that limp bizkit songs were the only accepted praise and worship songs in the catholic church.

LOL Hyper, have I told you that I love you lately?

:lol:

but of course, all the LimpBizquit songs havta be translated into Latin first..

haaa i'd actually enjoy hearing that. someone should do that, sing all sorts of popular new songs in Latin. that would show em! B)

IcePrincessKRS

:lol:

but of course, all the LimpBizquit songs havta be translated into Latin first..

haaa i'd actually enjoy hearing that.  someone should do that, sing all sorts of popular new songs in Latin.  that would show em!  B)

A couple of my friends took Latin in college and highschool and they translated "baby got back" into Latin..... :lol: :blink:

(from http://www.chick.com/information/religions...tholicism/#hate)

Didn't Christianity consist of the Catholic Church for the first 1500 years?

No. While the Catholic Church was seeking to control the world through religion, true Christians were running for their lives from the Catholic holocaust that ran for centuries.

God has always had His people, faithful to Him and His Word. They had no part in the Roman Catholic Church. Through much of history, organized religion has hunted and slaughtered God's people. For an excellent overview of this, read the classic work, "The Trail of Blood," at one of these websites:

http://users.aol.com/libcfl/trail.htm

http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/rlist...blood/trail.htm

http://albanach.org/apologetics/trail.html

A Catholic response to the "Trail of Blood." (The author is a convert.)

Kyrie eleison, Christe eleison, Kyrie eleison.

"The Secret History of the Jesuits," by Edmond Paris, is an excellently and fully documented treatise of the sins promoted by the Jesuits (the Society of Jesus, founded by Ignatius of Loyola). The Jesuits, being a militant branch of the Roman Catholic Church ("Catholic Church"), clearly reflects the intentions and nature of the Catholic Church as a whole, for was it not Christ Himself who said:

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them." (Matthew 7:15-20 nkjv)?

Truly so, can a "good" tree (the Catholic Church) bear bad fruit (the Jesuits)? No, for bad fruits (the Jesuits) are the product of bad trees (the Catholic Church) - and both shall be cast into the fire. "This book should be read by every Bible-believing Christian," and why? "The Bible says, 'My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.' (Hosea 4:6)."

(Publisher's Introduction).

I'll try to be fair with my sources, but i don't see anything wrong with this book that has lots of historical proof. ;)

For the real truth about the "Jesuit Oath" please read this:

http://www.geocities.com/okc_catholic/arti...esuit_oath.html

The "Jesuit Oath" is in the same category as the "Monita Secreta," which is a calumnious forgery written by a Polish Jesuit, Jerome Zahorowski, who was expelled from the Jesuit order. It was published at Crakow in 1641. It's title is the "Secret Instructions of the Jesuits."

Thought I'd mention it since Monica's "history" teachers seem bent on teaching fiction as fact and may get around to presenting this forgery as 'truth' as well.

The ones to ask about the oath and the Monita Secreta are the Jesuits! Like the ones I'll see tomorrow at St. Francis Xavier parish. :P

Oh, no! If a Russian is interested in learning about Western democracy, naturally, he'd go to Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, or China for his information! It's only logical . . .

Ave Cor Mariae,

Katholikos