An Old School Catholic Message Board

MEN!

WCC_Catholic

WCC_Catholic

i know this may sound odd but i really can not find a good one! i really really hate that. i feel at times like i wont find love b/c i keep findin all the jerks that are out in the world really all the jerks seem to find me.

i am a romantic and i cant ever seem to find a right guy. i was talkin to this wonderful catholic guy i mean i thought we could have one places and then all of a sudden today he tells that he has been talkin to another girl while he has been talkin to me.

i know that my time is not God's time i just wish it was

:sadder: :( :irate: :weep: :cry: :scream: :seesaw:

Ash Wednesday

Build a relationship with God first and foremost, and place your future in his hands. Unite your will fully with His, whatever that may be, because life is full of surprises both wonderful and absurd. This will bring you peace of mind -- there is nothing more aggrivating than agonizing over things that are out of your hands. :wacko:

Thy Geekdom Come

We're out there and I'm sure we have agents in your area. Keep a look out for men opening doors, looking down when women pass, and dressing respectfully. :D

[quote name='WCC_Catholic' date='May 17 2005, 01:39 PM'] i was talkin to this wonderful catholic guy i mean i thought we could have one places and then all of a sudden today he tells that he has been talkin to another girl while he has been talkin to me.

[/quote]
A guy was [b]talking[/b] to two girls at once! The shame!!! What's this world coming to?

If all he's doing is talking (and hasn't made any promises, etc), there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes, a man has to talk to a number of girls before knowing who to date.

WCC_Catholic

[quote name='Socrates' date='May 17 2005, 02:10 PM'] A guy was [b]talking[/b] to two girls at once! The shame!!! What's this world coming to?

If all he's doing is talking (and hasn't made any promises, etc), there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes, a man has to talk to a number of girls before knowing who to date. [/quote]
true but he did make promises to both girls he was going to take me out and stuff like that and he going to visit her in july!

i am just down right now i have come to realize that my love life is like bridget jones but with out the sex :D

[quote name='Raphael' date='May 17 2005, 01:59 PM'] We're out there and I'm sure we have agents in your area. Keep a look out for men opening doors, looking down when women pass, and dressing respectfully. :D [/quote]
ROFL!!! Agents, oh oh, that is great!

[quote name='WCC_Catholic' date='May 17 2005, 02:14 PM'] true but he did make promises to both girls he was going to take me out and stuff like that and he going to visit her in july!

i am just down right now i have come to realize that my love life is like bridget jones but with out the sex :D [/quote]
If you're not in an actual dating situation yet, getting upset is just plain silly. There's nothing wrong with talking to, or even casually going out with a number of different guys (or girls) in order to get to know them, before jumping into a committed relationship. This is the only way to discern whether the person will be right for you. If you're "getting serious" on your first meeting or so, that's going way too fast, and you need to slow down.

It seems that way too many girls now have this silly idea that even talking to someone of the opposite sex implies some serious relationship. Take it slow, get to know a number of different guys, and don't get all worried about whether any guy you talk to is going to be your future husband. At least this young man is being honest with you about his situation.
And you're still young. You have time.

Fides_et_Ratio

Amen. My goal is to die young. Then no worries about getting married or being forced into a convent (and not by my parents).

*cough* Ummmmmmmm.

Could I ask you to reconsider they dying young strategy. We might need you around, you know!

Fides_et_Ratio

[quote name='philothea' date='May 17 2005, 03:19 PM'] *cough* Ummmmmmmm.

Could I ask you to reconsider they dying young strategy.  We might need you around, you know! [/quote]
:lol:
I'd bet $5 my pastor would be ECSTATIC if I were gone. LOL. I'm serious. It sounds morbid, yes, I'm aware... but it's not a depressive sort of desire--Honest! So many things frustrate me it would just be much easier to die and live with God (hopefully... I try to go to Confession pretty often). :cyclops:

Ash Wednesday

WCC, I understand your agitation -- Socrates, keep in mind girls will be girls :D and I think she's just openly expressing her frustration about the situation.

I had a boyfriend and in hindsight I was a complete idiot. When we were just friends at the time, I thought he was just being stupid and overly shy or whatever. If I would have carried on with just going about my own business, I wouldn't have wasted my time and emotion on the matter. No, I forced it. Big mistake, he definitely wasn't Mr. Right! It's hard to do when you have a crush on someone, but just do your own thing, girl! :cheer:

I hear you on being frustrated and wanting to just live with God. Hey, it worked for St. Therese. Of course, she did have to join a convent first. :P

So, err.... prayers that things work out, or something. :)

argent_paladin

You should try AveMariaSingles.com or CatholicMatch.com. There are a lot of great, faithful Catholic young people out there, but sometimes they are hard to find (contrary to what you might read on this phorum, they don't look weird or funny, if only they did, then finding one would be much easier!). Don't compromise your faith for another! Don't think that you can change or convert someone. Keep your standards high and pray for a good Catholic man who will be a good Catholic husband and father.

Fides_et_Ratio

except both of the above cost money, and I am but a poor college kid.

And... the internet? seems kinda quirky. Though, my YM getting married in a month met her fiance online through catholicmatch... but they contacted each other under the pretense of a prayer group, not dating. The dating happened a few months after the prayer group started up.