An Old School Catholic Message Board

MEN!

WCC_Catholic

franciscanheart

boy do i know THAT feeling!! hang in there. we'll find mr right someday! (if im supposed to be finding one... :unsure: )

WCC_Catholic

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='May 17 2005, 11:29 PM'] boy do i know THAT feeling!! hang in there. we'll find mr right someday! (if im supposed to be finding one... :unsure: ) [/quote]
i think he is suppose to find us :D

Ive felt discouraged too, but then I realize, I dont have to stay here for the rest of my life. In other words, you're going to go places and meet new people.
My husband is out there somewheres, he most likely will be in a Catholic Church somewhere...:lol:

argent_paladin

AveMariaSingles.com is only $35 for lifetime membership for a student under 26. That doesn't seem to me like too much money to spend on finding your future spouse. I am a member and I am impressed with the quality of people and their desire for holiness. It saves so much time and grief to only communicate with people who have discerned married life, are in accord with ALL church teaching, and who don't want to play games anymore.
Also, filling out the profile forces you to confront yourself and what you are really looking for in your future spouse. It makes you question your assumptions and prioritize the qualities you would like. I cannot recommend it more highly. The $35 will be the best money you will ever spend.

CatholicAndFanatical

I feel your pain.

I tried to find a good Catholic woman a few times..they turned out NOT really that Catholic and not really what I wanted.

Funny how you go to a Catholic dating site thinking there are Catholics there only to find a wolve in sheeps clothing.

I just gave up. Staying single and strengthening my relationship with God and my kids.

Yes i have two kids, before I was Catholic..funny how thats the #1 reason why people wont go out...and they are suppose to be Catholic?? Pretty shallow.

Their lose :D

Norseman82

[quote name='CatholicAndFanatical' date='May 18 2005, 09:00 AM'] Yes i have two kids, before I was Catholic..funny how thats the #1 reason why people wont go out...and they are suppose to be Catholic?? Pretty shallow.

[/quote]
?????

Norseman82

[quote name='CatholicAndFanatical' date='May 18 2005, 09:29 AM'] care to elaborate? [/quote]
That's what I was asking of you......

Nicole8223

I know people say it will happen when you are not looking for it...and it sounds so silly, but that's how it worked for me.

It is so hard being single, knowing you are called to marriage, and not knowing to who! But just submit your will to God's (easier said than done, I know). He really does have a perfect plan!

And if this guy who you were talking about, if he hurt you at all, than I would just forget it. You don't want someone who is dating recreationally, ya know? I mean, dating has to be a more serious thing that just talking to girls. I am not a fan of the idea of dating unless it is a commitment to discern marriage together. So, if he isn't ready for that, maybe he isn't the guy...or not yet at least.

Well, anyway, you have my prayers. Hang in there, sister. God's timing is perfect.

CatholicAndFanatical

[quote name='Norseman82' date='May 18 2005, 10:42 AM'] That's what I was asking of you...... [/quote]
what would you like me to elaborate on?

'???' gave me no clue

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='stargirl3:16' date='May 18 2005, 09:05 AM'] All the guys I like that are possible husband material are discerning the priesthood. :mellow: [/quote]
Trust me, if God wants them to be married, they'll leave priestly formation.

I know first hand. ;)

Norseman82

[quote name='CatholicAndFanatical' date='May 18 2005, 10:21 AM'] what would you like me to elaborate on?

'???' gave me no clue [/quote]
The part that I quoted you on.....could you elaborate on that???? Are you saying that people who have kids turn into hermits and that makes them less Catholic?

CatholicAndFanatical

[quote]
Yes i have two kids, before I was Catholic..funny how thats the #1 reason why people wont go out...and they are suppose to be Catholic?? Pretty shallow.
[/quote]

What part? I have two kids ages 5 and 7. Was with their mom for 8 or so years. I've only been a Catholic for 5 years as of this past Easter and was baptised and confirmed. No I wasnt married, wish I would of been but such is life. We are best friends though and seem to get along better apart than together. hmm..not sure what else to say.

As for the Catholic Dating sites. I've had a few messages saying they would like to talk but feel that I have two kids and they are not ready to be a step mom..or some carp like that hehe.

Shallow people amuse me. I wasnt looking for a mom for the kids, they have a great one. If I date someone it would be a long time before they even get to meet the kids, no less be a step mom, or any type of mom to em.