An Old School Catholic Message Board

MEN!

WCC_Catholic

Noel's angel

now back to the previously scheduled topic. We apologise for any interruptions. Enjoy your viewing

MissScripture

[quote name='Theoketos' date='May 18 2005, 04:23 PM'] I am getting married in ten days :cool: [/quote]
Congratulations!

WCC_Catholic

[quote name='Theoketos' date='May 18 2005, 04:23 PM'] I am getting married in ten days :cool: [/quote]
congrates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WCC_Catholic

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='May 18 2005, 06:43 PM'] This thread has left me... indescribable. :mellow: [/quote]
meaning?

KobeScott8

Don't worry what is meant to happen always happens in God's time. You'll find that guy if he's meant to be found. Come to the CRO (Carencro, Louisiana). There are lots of guys who have moral values and who know how to treat a woman right.....

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='KobeScott8' date='May 19 2005, 10:57 AM'] Don't worry what is meant to happen always happens in God's time. You'll find that guy if he's meant to be found. Come to the CRO (Carencro, Louisiana). There are lots of guys who have moral values and who know how to treat a woman right..... [/quote]
There are wonderful women in Louisiana, too. :D

toledo_jesus

[quote name='WCC_Catholic' date='May 17 2005, 02:39 PM'] i know this may sound odd but i really can not find a good one! i really really hate that. i feel at times like i wont find love b/c i keep findin all the jerks that are out in the world really all the jerks seem to find me.

i am a romantic and i cant ever seem to find a right guy. i was talkin to this wonderful catholic guy i mean i thought we could have one places and then all of a sudden today he tells that he has been talkin to another girl while he has been talkin to me.

i know that my time is not God's time i just wish it was

:sadder: :( :irate: :weep: :cry: :scream: :seesaw: [/quote]
hey, did anybody suggest being a nun yet?

Not everybody has the call to marriage you know...but our society tends to make marriage the default...

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='WCC_Catholic' date='May 19 2005, 12:28 AM'] meaning? [/quote]
Discombobulated. :mellow:

Alpha Centauri

[i]It's been ten years strong
That's much too long
It's time to do something good for my health
Time to do something good for myself

I've wasted all this time
I've wasted all this time

Your journey back to birth
It's haunting you
It's haunting you
Your departure from the earth
It's haunting you
It's haunting you[/i]

Norseman82

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='May 19 2005, 02:14 PM']

Not everybody has the call to marriage you know...but our society tends to make marriage the default... [/quote]
Uh, says who????

In the catechism (CCC 1603) it states that the vocation to marriage was instilled in [i]very nature of man/woman[/i]. So this is [i]human nature[/i] making marriage the default, [i]not society[/i].

Additionally, state of life is something that must be [i]freely chosen[/i] by someone. This is referred to also in CCC 2230. Yes, there are cases in which their are vocations to the "higher callings" (priesthood/religious life/consecrated virginity). But these still must be discerned and in the end [i]freely chosen[/i]. And part of the discernment process is determining whether or not you can handle the demands and responsibilities of the "higher calling", including the physical and emotional demands of celibacy.

true but I think the point they were making was that the society we live in today makes you seem weird our outcasted if you choose or are called to single life...

Norseman82

[quote name='Scofizzle' date='May 19 2005, 04:41 PM'] true but I think the point they were making was that the society we live in today makes you seem weird our outcasted if you choose or are called to single life... [/quote]
OK, but please keep in mind that the drive to not be alone is not something that society invented; it is part of human nature. Some people who push the "single life" need to remember this and stop criticizing people who seek to be married and have families. I'm not accusing anyone on this website, just making people aware that there are some narrow-minded nutcase fanatics out there that I've run into.

Lifelong celibacy (whether in a religious or non-religious state of life) is a [i]free choice[/i] that should only entered into after discerning whether or not one can handle it.

Fides_et_Ratio

is being "single" truly a vocation (outside of a consecrated religious?).

My Christian marriage professor at FUS (well, in Austria) seemed to think it was not, and made a pretty good case. I agreed previously (so I guess that helped).