An Old School Catholic Message Board

MEN!

WCC_Catholic

sweetpea316

Hang in there girl... it sure is tough to find a keeper these days! I've been frustrated with those of the male gender lately also, but I've come to realize that maybe this is what God truly wants for me at this point in my life...to be single and focus solely on Him as the one man in my life!! Just give it time and prayer....place it in God's hands and let him take care of it. God bless! ^_^

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='May 17 2005, 05:24 PM'] :lol:
I'd bet $5 my pastor would be ECSTATIC if I were gone. LOL. I'm serious. It sounds morbid, yes, I'm aware... but it's not a depressive sort of desire--Honest! So many things frustrate me it would just be much easier to die and live with God (hopefully... I try to go to Confession pretty often). :cyclops: [/quote]
Dying is easy.
Living is a bit harder :)

Catholictothecore

Oh, gosh! Uhh. Pray to St. Catherine. She's patron of ladies looking for good husbands.

She really is, but here's a poem about it....

"St. Catherine"
-Annonymous

"St. Cahterine, St. Catherine
Oh, lend me thine aid
And grant that I never
May die an old maid

[i](me here, DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!)[/i]

A husband, St. Catherine
A good one, St. Catherine
But anyone better than no one,
St. Catherine!

[i](I ment this to be silly, you can lower your fists and stop pouting now)[/i]

A husband, St. Catherine!
Handsome, St. Catherine!
Rich, St. Catherine!
Young, St. Catherine!
SOON, St. Catherine.

[i](Are you laughing hysterically yet? Look for a real prayer, then! She is actually that patron.)[/i]

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='May 17 2005, 08:40 PM'] Oh, gosh! Uhh. Pray to St. Catherine. She's patron of ladies looking for good husbands.

She really is, but here's a poem about it....

"St. Catherine"
-Annonymous

"St. Cahterine, St. Catherine
Oh, lend me thine aid
And grant that I never
May die an old maid

[i](me here, DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!)[/i]

A husband, St. Catherine
A good one, St. Catherine
But anyone better than no one,
St. Catherine!

[i](I ment this to be silly, you can lower your fists and stop pouting now)[/i]

A husband, St. Catherine!
Handsome, St. Catherine!
Rich, St. Catherine!
Young, St. Catherine!
SOON, St. Catherine.

[i](Are you laughing hysterically yet? Look for a real prayer, then! She is actually that patron.)[/i] [/quote]

:roll: I hadn't heard those, but I have heard this one to St. Anne:

Good St. Anne,
Get me a man,
As fast as you can.
And if he should die,
Get me another,
Perhaps his brother.

:rolling:

i'm kinda in the same boat it seems i like i can't find a girl that is right for me. a girl broke up with me because i'm catholic. and ater that i've gone insane and my standards went a lot higher than it was.

MichaelFilo

Maybe you should get an arranged marriage.

Hahahaha.

I'm not kidding though.

God bless,
Mikey

[quote name='MichaelFilo' date='May 17 2005, 09:37 PM'] Maybe you should get an arranged marriage.

Hahahaha.

I'm not kidding though.

God bless,
Mikey [/quote]
or a mail order bride

WCC_Catholic

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='May 17 2005, 04:15 PM'] except both of the above cost money, and I am but a poor college kid.

[/quote]
i agree with that statement. i know this seems odd to some i am a girl and i wish i could explain the whole thing it would take days all i can say is the he actually let me on. we talked about different things we were going to do this summer and it not that i am all that upset with him finding someone i am happy for him we are friends it is just the fact that he would lead me on for the past 2 months with out tellin me that he was talking to her. we havve been friends for 2 years. it is hard to take when you get excited about someone to know that while yes they like you they also like someone else. i have had other problems with guys hurting me before and he knew that that is what hurt. we promised each other when we started talking about dating to be honest with each other and i dont think he was very honest with me!

WCC_Catholic

[quote name='ReinnieR' date='May 17 2005, 09:33 PM'] i'm kinda in the same boat it seems i like i can't find a girl that is right for me. a girl broke up with me because i'm catholic. and ater that i've gone insane and my standards went a lot higher than it was. [/quote]
i hear ya i have lately had bad relationship after bad relationship and i know my standards keep gettin higher i just hope that it is not too high

MichaelFilo

Personally, the best standards you should shoot for (really, the only one) is to find someone who tries to live out the Catholic Faith. I say try, because we fail at times, but trying is a sign we will it.

God bless,
Mikey

[quote name='WCC_Catholic' date='May 17 2005, 09:52 PM'] i agree with that statement. i know this seems odd to some i am a girl and i wish i could explain the whole thing it would take days all i can say is the he actually let me on. we talked about different things we were going to do this summer and it not that i am all that upset with him finding someone i am happy for him we are friends it is just the fact that he would lead me on for the past 2 months with out tellin me that he was talking to her. we havve been friends for 2 years. it is hard to take when you get excited about someone to know that while yes they like you they also like someone else. i have had other problems with guys hurting me before and he knew that that is what hurt. we promised each other when we started talking about dating to be honest with each other and i dont think he was very honest with me! [/quote]
yeah hate broken promises myself

[quote]It's better to look like an ass for not making a promise than to be an ass by not keeping one.[/quote]

Norseman82

[quote]or a mail order bride[/quote]

Reminds me of the "Taliban Singles Online" spoofs that were around a few years ago.