azaelia Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 I don't think wearing truckloads of foundation and eyeliner is needed at all, but it sounds like alot of you (especially the guys) don't approve of makeup at all. Some of us need it to cover up minor flaws and imperfections. I have acne-prone skin, and I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable walking around looking like a pizza. I'm sorry, I've dealt with too many guys who have labeled me shallow and high-maintenance because I wear foundation and concealer...just makes me wonder if people are so hung up on girls looking natural that they forget about the girls who happen to wear makeup. There's no happy medium. There are the guys who want completely natural, and there are guys who want a Barbie doll. What about the guys that [b]don't care[/b] either way? Ok...so I got a little carried away.
geetarplayer Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 I actually think girls are much more attractive when they don't wear make-up. -Mark
lil bull 04 Posted May 31, 2005 Author Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='geetarplayer' date='May 30 2005, 08:24 PM'] I actually think girls are much more attractive when they don't wear make-up. -Mark [/quote] HOOOOOOOOOOOAH! I think you're awesome of course any male that thinks that is awesome!
KizlarAgha Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='lil bull 04' date='May 30 2005, 08:26 PM'] HOOOOOOOOOOOAH! I think you're awesome of course any male that thinks that is awesome! [/quote] Are you in the Army or some other branch of the service?
lil bull 04 Posted May 31, 2005 Author Posted May 31, 2005 The Army but soon to be married to a Marine! HOOOOOOOORAHHHHHHHHHH! (hooah +oorah=hoorah)
KizlarAgha Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='lil bull 04' date='May 30 2005, 08:31 PM'] The Army but soon to be married to a Marine! HOOOOOOOORAHHHHHHHHHH! (hooah +oorah=hoorah) [/quote] My little brother joined the army. He's 18. He ships off for basic the first week of July. Then he's going to do medic training in San Antonio area.
Dudette Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='azaelia' date='May 30 2005, 10:23 PM'] I don't think wearing truckloads of foundation and eyeliner is needed at all, but it sounds like alot of you (especially the guys) don't approve of makeup at all. Some of us need it to cover up minor flaws and imperfections. I have acne-prone skin, and I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable walking around looking like a pizza. [/quote] I have bad acne too, but wearing makeup makes it worse, because it gets in your pores....and boom, you get tons more acne, just to let you know.
KizlarAgha Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='Dudette' date='May 30 2005, 08:32 PM'] I have bad acne too, but wearing makeup makes it worse, because it gets in your pores....and boom, you get tons more acne, just to let you know. [/quote] If you go on a low dose of estrogen it'll clear up your skin.
Jaime Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 I'm a little wierded out by clown makeup. Maybe its the rubber ball nose... I don't know.
KizlarAgha Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='May 30 2005, 08:39 PM'] I'm a little wierded out by clown makeup. Maybe its the rubber ball nose... I don't know. [/quote] Clowns are quite possibly the scariest things we've ever invented to "entertain" children.
cathgirl Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 I don't mind it as long as it doesn't become vanity. I wear eye make-up, but I definitely don't go over-board, and I don't freak out when I don't have enough time to do it.
lil bull 04 Posted May 31, 2005 Author Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 30 2005, 08:40 PM'] Clowns are quite possibly the scariest things we've ever invented to "entertain" children. [/quote] i agree besides any movie that has a drill sergeant or drill instructor in it. trust me they are not a force to be reckoned with in real life. About the acne and make-up. you are practically talking to an expert on that. I had really bad acne almost from my 11th birthday till now. make-up doesn't help! i had to get my acne cleared up enough so i could get into the army because they were afraid of it irratating my back when i had to carry a rucksack because i had it on my back. there are some really great medications you can take that help clear it up as well as the scars. i did and well my skin looks pretty good.
iggy Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 I personally wear it when i feel like it. I talked to one of my guy friends and he complained about "that one stuff that makes a girls face all the same color" and how it was weird, and I trust him.
cathgirl Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 Yeah, foundation makes me feel awkward. I wear it probably 2 to 3 times a year, if that.
Jaime Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 Ok not to jump thread topics But I had a feeling that Cathgirl was a girl!! Booya!!
Isaiah41:13 Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 I usually only wear make-up when I am getting dressed up for one thing or another. Not everyday, not to school unless giving a presentation, just when I have to get dressed up.
lil bull 04 Posted May 31, 2005 Author Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='cathgirl' date='May 30 2005, 09:12 PM'] Yeah, foundation makes me feel awkward. I wear it probably 2 to 3 times a year, if that. [/quote] the last time i wore it was like a month ago for like 2 hours when i had to go for some kind of competition for soldier of the month and before that it was last year at prom
argent_paladin Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 As always, Thomas Aquinas discussed this long before us: On women wearing pants: [quote]for it is written (Dt. 22:5): "A woman shall not be clothed with man's apparel, neither shall a man use woman's apparel." [/quote] On makeup: [quote]Cyprian says (De Habit. Virg.): "I hold that not only virgins and widows, but also wives and all women without exception, should be admonished that nowise should they deface God's work and fabric, the clay that He has fashioned, with the aid of yellow pigments, black powders or rouge, or by applying any dye that alters the natural features." And afterwards he adds: "They lay hands on God, when they strive to reform what He has formed. This is an assault on the Divine handiwork, a distortion of the truth. Thou shalt not be able to see God, having no longer the eyes that God made, but those the devil has unmade; with him shalt thou burn on whose account thou art bedecked."[/quote] But Thomas says that wives can wear makeup to please their husbands. [quote]Nevertheless a woman may use means to please her husband, lest through despising her he fall into adultery. Hence it is written (1 Cor. 7:34) that the woman "that is married thinketh on the things of the world, how she may please her husband." Wherefore if a married woman adorn herself in order to please her husband she can do this without sin. But those women who have no husband nor wish to have one, or who are in a state of life inconsistent with marriage, cannot without sin desire to give lustful pleasure to those men who see them, because this is to incite them to sin. And if indeed they adorn themselves with this intention of provoking others to lust, they sin mortally; whereas if they do so from frivolity, or from vanity for the sake of ostentation, it is not always mortal, but sometimes venial. [/quote]
KizlarAgha Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 Yay! No pants and no makeup! Argent, will you come to our Utopia planet of no pants?
Honour Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='lil bull 04' date='May 30 2005, 08:31 PM']The Army but soon to be married to a Marine! HOOOOOOOORAHHHHHHHHHH! (hooah +oorah=hoorah)[/quote] Thats cool...I am in the Air Force. What do you do? Your MOS? As far as makeup goes, I'd have to agree with Azaelia: [quote]I don't think wearing truckloads of foundation and eyeliner is needed at all, but it sounds like alot of you (especially the guys) don't approve of makeup at all. Some of us need it to cover up minor flaws and imperfections. I have acne-prone skin, and I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable walking around looking like a pizza. [/quote] I know exactly what you mean girl, the bad thing is the make up makes it worse, clogging up your pores and stuff, like a self perpetuating clycle. Wear makeup to cover up breakouts, breakout 'cause you wore makeup. I only wear it when I go out, not to work or school. There is nothing wrong with presenting the best you possible. Some girls look better without make up..some look better with.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now