An Old School Catholic Message Board

Make-up is it necessary?

lil bull 04

Do females really need to wear make-up?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

some of us aren't so evenly toned though...

i've got pretty good skin so i don't use anything more than powder for shine, and i use baby lotion for my face...but though it's not actually NECESSARY, it's not like makeup needs to be eliminated completely...

franciscanheart

lip goo :blink: that makes me want to never touch anything for lips again. gross.

franciscanheart

yeah well my smile smells of elderberries so i think ill continue to rule out any breakouts and play up my eyes that are hidden by my must have glasses. i dont have much going for me in the face area... i like the makeup ;)

:rotfl:
but that is what it is... goo that you put on your lips... sometimes it is more creamy than goo, but a lot of times, it is goo.

franciscanheart
:huh: where do you get your lip... goo... ?? i usually use clinique everything simply because i trust them.

one time i bought a clear lip shine from target. i couldnt feel my lips but it [i]looked fabulous!![/i]

point: i think it depends on what brand you choose to use.

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='May 30 2005, 11:04 PM'] yeah well my smile smells of elderberries so i think ill continue to rule out any breakouts and play up my eyes that are hidden by my must have glasses. i dont have much going for me in the face area... i like the makeup ;) [/quote]
GASP!!! I don't want to hear ANY of that, young lady!!! You are a DAUGHTER OF GOD! Any woman whose lips are used to praise God has beautiful lips, and any woman whose eyes gaze lovingly on Him has beautiful eyes.

cmotherofpirl

If makeup makes you feel better then wear it.
It really is personal preference, and unless you look like a clown, its nobody elses business but your own.

franciscanheart

i wasnt talking about my lips. i was referring to my teeth but we wont even go there. lets just say im looking for a job to pay not for school or a car but for dental work.

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='May 30 2005, 11:08 PM'] :huh: where do you get your lip... goo... ?? i usually use clinique everything simply because i trust them.

one time i bought a clear lip shine from target. i couldnt feel my lips but it [i]looked fabulous!![/i]

point: i think it depends on what brand you choose to use. [/quote]
it doesn't matter where you got it, if you put it on your lips and it is not solid (it can't be solid and stay on your lips) it is lip goo. simple as that.

im not such a huge fan, really because im a lazy bum :P but my husband likes it Sooooo, i'm sure you can guess what happens in my house! ;) no foundation tho, i could never find anything that actually LOOKS like my own skin and i hate that caked on feeling. but perfectly understandable for those who do ( i have eh eh skin too :P), just not my cup of tea! ^_^

KobeScott8

Like I wont get mad or anything if a chick wears makeup, but i like to see a girls natural beauty without any makeup.

My face is multi-coloured!

Since all the ladies who posted seem to have lovely one tone skin, I though someone might like to know I have several different colours on my face.
There's nothing wrong with it. Let's see, my face has blue veins, a brown mole, ivory skin, some red spots... definitely multi coloured.

Perhaps the boy hugheyforlife was refering to someone covering their freckles? That would make sence, because it would be such a waste of good God-given cuteness.