VeniteAdoremus Posted August 23, 2008 Posted August 23, 2008 [quote name='mommas_boy' post='1635356' date='Aug 23 2008, 08:24 AM']Pho' shizzle, my Ubun-tizzle! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lZSMv5Vi-Y"]Hey. Hey, yo. This is bad, yo. I gotta dual-boot my Linux![/url] Word to the Tux, holmes. [img]http://tux.crystalxp.net/png/th_2206.jpg[/img][/quote] How cute
puellapaschalis Posted August 23, 2008 Posted August 23, 2008 So much for the live cd thing. I put it in, reboot and my computer completely ignores it. I change the boot order thingy settings and it still ignores it. Siiiiigh I think I need a new computer..but hope I don't. Really....
mommas_boy Posted August 24, 2008 Posted August 24, 2008 [quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1635655' date='Aug 23 2008, 03:12 PM']How cute [/quote]
mommas_boy Posted August 24, 2008 Posted August 24, 2008 [quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1635682' date='Aug 23 2008, 03:44 PM']So much for the live cd thing. I put it in, reboot and my computer completely ignores it. I change the boot order thingy settings and it still ignores it. Siiiiigh I think I need a new computer..but hope I don't. Really.... [/quote] Try downloading another live cd. Something may have been wrong with the image, and it wasn't made bootable. Not all CD's are equal; some carry a flag that tells the computer to boot it, others do not. That flag might not have been set on the image that you burned. Or, you might have done something unintentionally to unset that flag. Make sure that whatever program you are using to burn with has the "Make CD bootable" checkmarked.
mommas_boy Posted August 24, 2008 Posted August 24, 2008 [quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1635977' date='Aug 23 2008, 09:46 PM']who loves to play pingus!!!!!!!!! I dooooo[/quote] Tuxracer! (though, the name has been changed. What is it now again?)
Autumn Dusk Posted August 24, 2008 Posted August 24, 2008 tuxracer chewed up and spit out my graphics card and even maryo slows it down. booooooo and puelll go on the forums. you may need to download a program that makes bootable disks...I figured that one out before my dad...hehehe. Windows does not take kindly to you trying to use another OS.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now