Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which one do you prefer more?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Aug 1 2005, 10:42 AM']A lightsaber is merely an ancient weapon, a Sithlord can weild any colored saber if desired, it is tradition though that they choose a red crystal.

Evil does exist, heard of Satan? :o
[right][snapback]667140[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, evil does not exist... only the absence of good which we denote as evil.

Thogh the devil turned from good, into what is nothing as we have termed 'evil', this does not destroy the will he had with which he turned to evil, or turned from good to nothingess.

Thus the devil does exist, and his will, though unbroken, is turned to nothingess such as 'injustice' (ie; the absence of justice) or 'evil' (ie, the absence of good).

For an in-depth analysis of this I suggest you read DeCasu by Anson of canteburry, fascniating stuff from a teacher talking to what I am convinced is a hand-puppet he passes off as his student.

I can send you a pdf format copy of it you pm me...

White Knight
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Didacus' date='Aug 1 2005, 10:52 AM']No, evil does not exist... only the absence of good which we denote as evil.

Thogh the devil turned from good, into what is nothing as we have termed 'evil', this does not destroy the will he had with which he turned to evil, or turned from good to nothingess.

Thus the devil does exist, and his will, though unbroken, is turned to nothingess such as 'injustice' (ie; the absence of justice) or 'evil' (ie, the absence of good).

For an in-depth analysis of this I suggest you read DeCasu by Anson of canteburry, fascniating stuff from a teacher talking to what I am convinced is a hand-puppet he passes off as his student.

I can send you a pdf format copy of it you pm me...
[right][snapback]667149[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


Then what is the devil? if hes not evil? Evil has to exist. Only one time in our entire existance has there ever been only one side.[b] "Good"[/b]

Edited by White Knight
Posted

[quote name='White Knight' date='Aug 1 2005, 03:08 PM']Then what is the devil? if hes not evil? Evil has to exist. Only one time in our entire existance has there ever been only one side.[b] "Good"[/b]
[right][snapback]667509[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, the devil is a being that exists with his will turned to evil, aka, his will turned away from good.

And no, there has always been but one side, but most always believed there where two concrete sides. Ponder these things, enlightenment will come to you... :)

Posted

I definitely vote for Star Trek. I've been watching both since I was very little, and I always loved Star Trek, but never could get into Star Wars until the new trilogy (I know, I smell of elderberries because I don't like the old trilogy, blah blah blah). Episode II was awful though.

Posted

[quote name='Didacus' date='Aug 1 2005, 10:52 AM']No, evil does not exist... only the absence of good which we denote as evil.


[/quote]
Although this is true, it seems like there's a hole somewhere in your premise to say that "evil does not exist". I know it's the absence of good, but doesn't that make it an idea in itself? Because both are intangible...
I'm not trying to make more out of this than there is, but I've wondered about it before.

Posted
[color=FF0066][b]Star Treck always bored me to death.
[/b][/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
White Knight
Posted
:twothumbsup: :cool: Star Wars Rules!
Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Obi Wan could give Kirk a spanking. There is nothing quite as cool as the Jedi order in Star Trek. That's my only issue with it. Star Trek has some cool stuff, but the Jedi rock.

White Knight
Posted

What about the Sith? they make very interesting villians which is a very needed theme for Good vs. Evil Story which is what Star Wars is.

Posted

[quote name='CrossCuT' date='Aug 4 2005, 11:27 PM'][color=FF0066][b]Star Treck always bored me to death.
[/b][/color]

[right][snapback]672716[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

so how many times have you died thus far?

Pope St Clement 1
Posted
:starwars: Star Wars rocks :punk:
White Knight
Posted

Cool Sig, [b]Pope St Clement 1[/b] :cool:

Pope St Clement 1
Posted

Thanks, White Knight :)

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
little sinner
Posted

star wars and star trek get in a battle star wars would totally win

Posted

if the Empire and the Federation got into a war, I think the Empire would win the first few battles but eventually they would be pushed back. I havent seen the prequels, but, as far as I can tell, the Galactic Empire only has one Battle Strategy. [b]RRRRUMMBLLLLEEEE!!![/b]

That's fine for the first few battles but eventualy you want something with a little staying power :)

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Here are a few screen shots of my Star Trek vs. Star Wars video game that is still in development (I haven't had any free time to work in it in many months). These are actually very old screen shots, the game at it is right now is way cooler, but still far from complete. This game is yet another example of me biting off more than I could chew.

[img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/quatro4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/xwing7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/shotty2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/tres3.jpg[/img]

The game has all the major ships from Star Trek and Star Wars! There is nothing like going toe to toe with the Millenium Falcon in the USS Defiant. ;)

And yes, as it is now Star Wars ships seem to be tougher than Star Trek ships, but don't underestimate the Borg. The storyline of the game is supposed to involve alliances: Jedi/Rebels + Federation + Klingons and Empire + Borg + Romulans. We'll see...

Posted

The Borg would assimilate the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance and win the day for Star Trek.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1304446' date='Jun 28 2007, 02:24 PM']The Borg would assimlate the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance and win the day for Star Trek.[/quote]
Actually I've been toying with the idea of an assimilated Empire. Darth Vader would become kind of like what Locutus of Borg was, except with the power of the Dark Side of the Force.
I've also been toying with the idea of Vulcan Jedi Knights, Klingon Jedi Knights, etc. The only problem is that the genre of my game doesn't provide enough to support plots of such complexity. I would have to completely revamp my game engine and have the game be a mix of space battles and ground battles/away missions. Currently the engine that I've been developing is just for space battles and jazz.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...