An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslim attitudes towards the West

Apotheoun

[quote name='Veridicus' post='1544328' date='May 26 2008, 11:07 PM']I mentioned a Sociology paper in a previous post that I think you guys should really, really check out about terrorism. Well, its about suicide terrorism specifically, but it is really an eye opener.

It challenges a lot of our misconceptions. Suicide terrorism is not caused by nor particularly correlated with poverty or lack of education. And in the areas where it prominently exists, it isn't particularly radical and is tolerated and even aided by much of the populace.[/quote]
I'm goona take a stab at this without reading the writeup and say that the terrorism begins with power (money obviously a source of power), the use of the money to spread fear, gaining participation due to fear or "something in it for the participants", then goes downhill from there...

[edit for spelling]

Edited by Sacred Music Man

• 1 month later...

Very interesting:

[url="http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/1798.htm"][u]Dr. Ahmad Al-Mub'i, a Saudi Marriage Officiant: It Is Allowed to Marry a Girl at the Age of One, If Sex Is Postponed. The Prophet Muhammad, Whose Model We Follow, Married 'Aisha When She Was Six and Had Sex with Her When She Was Nine[/u][/url]

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1592196' date='Jul 5 2008, 02:44 PM']Very interesting:

[url="http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/1798.htm"][u]Dr. Ahmad Al-Mub'i, a Saudi Marriage Officiant: It Is Allowed to Marry a Girl at the Age of One, If Sex Is Postponed. The Prophet Muhammad, Whose Model We Follow, Married 'Aisha When She Was Six and Had Sex with Her When She Was Nine[/u][/url][/quote]

Islam also allows small children (as young as a baby) to be fondled but not penetrated (until they reach they age of what they consider "womanhood", which is when menstruation begins--yes, even if that is 9 years old like Aisha). I believe this fondling is referred to as "playing with her thighs" or something like that. Sorry I have forgotten the correct phrase. But I'm not making this up.

Here are some sources which explain what I'm trying to describe:

[url="http://www.islam-watch.org/AyeshaAhmed/Pedophilia-Islam-Allah-allowed-Prophet-Muhammad-Practised.htm"]http://www.islam-watch.org/AyeshaAhmed/Ped...d-Practised.htm[/url]

Ah yes, it's called "thighing":

[url="http://arabiguitar.blogspot.com/2006/09/mohamed-had-sex-between-thighs-of-very.html"]http://arabiguitar.blogspot.com/2006/09/mo...hs-of-very.html[/url]

Dear God, please save us and our daughters from the onslaught of Islam. Amen.

Madame Vengier

I just found this when I was looking for the "thighing" source. It looks to be a very good blog. Everyone, have a look:

THE DHIVEHISTAN REPORT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell

[url="http://arabiguitar.blogspot.com/"]http://arabiguitar.blogspot.com/[/url]

Edited by Madame Vengier

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Veridicus' post='1544328' date='May 26 2008, 10:07 PM']I mentioned a Sociology paper in a previous post that I think you guys should really, really check out about terrorism. Well, its about suicide terrorism specifically, but it is really an eye opener.

It challenges a lot of our misconceptions. Suicide terrorism is not caused by nor particularly correlated with poverty or lack of education. And in the areas where it prominently exists, it isn't particularly radical and is tolerated and even aided by much of the populace.[/quote]

If sociology reports don't discuss the problem of Islam as a manual for murder and mayhem then these reports are meaningless and their theories are a waste of time.

Poverty and lack of education is not the excuse. There are, and have been, poor and uneducated people all through human history and they don't mutilate the genitals of 4-year old girls, drive planes into buildings, train 6-year old boys in the ways of violent jihad, or gang-rape 19-year old girls for being in a car alone with a man who is not her relative.

Many poor and uneducated people throughout history have turned into great leaders, heroes, freedom fighters, faithful patriots, and in MANY cases...saints.

Also, "suicide terrorism" doesn't cut to the chase. This thread is to bring awareness about Islamic violence and global jihad. During WWII the Japanese kamikaze pilots engaged in "suicide terrorism". This phrase alone does not assume the terrorist is an Islamist.

Violent Islam is about much, much more than suicide terrorism.

Edited by Madame Vengier

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1554013' date='Jun 1 2008, 11:15 PM']I'm goona take a stab at this without reading the writeup and say that the terrorism begins with power[/quote]

Nope. This thread is about Islam and violent global jihad. The beginning of Islamic terrorism is not power. It begins with this little ditty called the Koran.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1592196' date='Jul 5 2008, 08:44 PM']Very interesting:

[url="http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/1798.htm"][u]Dr. Ahmad Al-Mub'i, a Saudi Marriage Officiant: It Is Allowed to Marry a Girl at the Age of One, If Sex Is Postponed. The Prophet Muhammad, Whose Model We Follow, Married 'Aisha When She Was Six and Had Sex with Her When She Was Nine[/u][/url][/quote]
:ohno:

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1592213' date='Jul 5 2008, 09:02 PM']Islam also allows small children (as young as a baby) to be fondled but not penetrated (until they reach they age of what they consider "womanhood", which is when menstruation begins--yes, even if that is 9 years old like Aisha). I believe this fondling is referred to as "playing with her thighs" or something like that. Sorry I have forgotten the correct phrase. But I'm not making this up.[/quote] :ohno: How horrible!

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1592225' date='Jul 5 2008, 09:15 PM']Poverty and lack of education is not the excuse. There are, and have been, poor and uneducated people all through human history and they don't mutilate the genitals of 4-year old girls, drive planes into buildings, train 6-year old boys in the ways of violent jihad, or gang-rape 19-year old girls for being in a car alone with a man who is not her relative.[/quote]
An honest question, but I had thought that female genital mutilation was a tribal African thing that was incorporated into some parts of Islam. So I guess the question is whether it is universal in Islam now, or in certain areas/sects.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1592703' date='Jul 6 2008, 10:18 AM']An honest question, but I had thought that female genital mutilation was a tribal African thing that was incorporated into some parts of Islam. So I guess the question is whether it is universal in Islam now, or in certain areas/sects.[/quote]

I don't even know how to respond to this. I need to take a breather first.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1592710' date='Jul 6 2008, 04:39 PM']I don't even know how to respond to this. I need to take a breather first.[/quote]
No problem - it was just my musings. :)

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1592703' date='Jul 6 2008, 04:18 PM']An honest question, but I had thought that female genital mutilation was a tribal African thing that was incorporated into some parts of Islam. So I guess the question is whether it is universal in Islam now, or in certain areas/sects.[/quote]
NVM, I think I found the answer (which is that it predates Islam by quite a bit and is practiced by various groups, not just Muslims, and not all Muslim groups adhere to this practice). I was looking at the [url="http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/"]WHO website[/url] for some of the info.

HisChildForever

This might be totally off topic, if so, forgive me:

It always irritates me when fundamentalist Muslims come here and wear their native dress (i.e., women completely covered) and we are expected to respect that, as it is part of their religion and culture. But if an American woman goes over to a Muslim country, they do not respect her dress and demand that she cover up. (I recall something in the news about this, a female reporter in the Middle East? Please correct me if I am wrong.) Why do they expect us to cater to them while they do not cater to us? (Note: I am not saying that every time I see a Muslim woman in her dress I get furious, I just mean the concept really bothers me that they can not be open-minded or accepting of foreigners/non-Muslims in their countries.)

On topic:

I was looking at some of those video links and, like others have said, I am absolutely amazed that people believe this stuff.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1592728' date='Jul 6 2008, 11:24 AM']No problem - it was just my musings. :)[/quote]

I've decided not to answer it because I'm tired of answering questions about Muslims, their religion, their culture and their backward ways when everyone else is privy to the same information as I am.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1592732' date='Jul 6 2008, 11:37 AM']NVM, I think I found the answer (which is that it predates Islam by quite a bit and is practiced by various groups, not just Muslims, and not all Muslim groups adhere to this practice). I was looking at the [url="http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/"]WHO website[/url] for some of the info.[/quote]

They practice it where they can get away with it and where people outside that culture will look at them and say "poor, backwards, uneducated souls" and go back to whatever they were doing. And you don't see the educated, prosperous Muslims trying to educate the backwards one from their backwards ways either. They couldn't care less.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1592764' date='Jul 6 2008, 01:01 PM']On topic:

I was looking at some of those video links and, like others have said, I am absolutely amazed that people believe this stuff.[/quote]

They believe it because they are brain-washed by the false prophet of the false moon cult. They will die for what they believe and they will kill for what they believe.