An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslim attitudes towards the West

Apotheoun

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1537585' date='May 22 2008, 03:19 PM']It's better to avoid the stress and chaos. And this is not about "disagreeing". He threatened me with physical violence. He may lack self-control but I don't. Another person I put on ignore referred to Americans as "selfish greedy pigs" and was routinely antagonistic. Even though I have her on ignore, I'm told she is STILL talking to and about me all over the forum. Another person I put on ignore called me a witch and stated the devil was my master.

Again, this is not about disagreeing with me.

And frankly, I don't know why any of you should care who I put on ignore. I only stated it so these people would not waste their time replying to me when I'm not seeing it.[/quote]

And to this day as far as I know you do not know that I did not call your master was the devil. My point was when anyone sins myself included our father is the devil, because he is the father of sin, Christ too says this, and I also deeply apologized for any other misunderstanding or insult on my part. I had actually defended you from another who called you a witch, and stated that was very unjust thing to say. But as far as I know, you have never know any of this by closing off all contact.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1537699' date='May 22 2008, 05:28 PM']And to this day as far as I know you do not know that I did not call your master was the devil. My point was when anyone sins myself included our father is the devil, because he is the father of sin, Christ too says this, and I also deeply apologized for any other misunderstanding or insult on my part. I had actually defended you from another who called you a witch, and stated that was very unjust thing to say. But as far as I know, you have never know any of this by closing off all contact.[/quote]
Don't worry about it. If that's the way she wants to be, let her be.... :idontknow:

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1537412' date='May 22 2008, 03:05 PM']1: The reason I haven't provided you with any "proof" as you call it, is becuase by your own admission you don't bother to read the things that even your friends send you.[/quote]

What I said is I don't read everything he sends me.

What I did NOT say is I don't read ANYthing he send me.

Logical conclusion: I do read SOME things that he sends me.

And so far, I'm just not sure what to make of it.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1537412' date='May 22 2008, 03:05 PM']I have a blog where I occasionally post informational things along with my opinions.[/quote]

I'll see you there ;-)

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1537412' date='May 22 2008, 03:05 PM']In addition there are NUMERIOUS sites, blogs and books with information backing up what both myself and Socrates are talking about. When I pointed this out to you you made a comment about "emotionalism". This is why I haven't wasted my time with doing research and providing stats for you. Do it yourself. But you probably won't.[/quote]

But, Socrates did answer my questions, as dumb as they might be to those who are much more in the know about this stuff than I am. I appreciate that.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1537412' date='May 22 2008, 03:05 PM']2: You call me a two-year old and intolerable, yet you made a threat of physical violence against me that was so abrasive and rude that a moderator edited your remark. That shows more about you than it does about me. You should learn self-control and put people on ignore if you feel you can't deal with even seeing their posts.[/quote]

I knew it was going to be edited when I wrote it. I said that more for your own benefit.

Also, for the record, physical violence results in bleeding and I specifically avoided making a physically violent threat.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1537412' date='May 22 2008, 03:05 PM']3: You can cozy up to Socrates all you want, but he's way smarter than you and he'll never waste his precious time playing internet volley-ball with you while you repeat the same things over and over, dodge and deflect, and make excuses for Islam and it's violent and oppressive followers. Don't expect him to do your homework for you either.[/quote]

I'm glad that Socrates is smarter than me. We could use a few more geniuses around here.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1537412' date='May 22 2008, 03:05 PM']4: As of this posting, I have you on ignore. I'm telling you that not to be impudent, but to let you know so that you don't waste your time replying to my future postings when I won't be seeing them or responding.[/quote]

No worries... I know where to find you, Mad V.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1537585' date='May 22 2008, 05:19 PM']... He threatened me ... Another person I put on ignore ... Another person I put on ignore ...[/quote]

Mad V's rackin' up a big ol' ignore list!

[mod]--Era Might[/mod]

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1537705' date='May 22 2008, 05:36 PM']Mad V's rackin' up a big ol' ignore list!

[mod]--Era Might[/mod][/quote]
No...

[quote name='rachael' post='1537707' date='May 22 2008, 05:39 PM']No...[/quote]

I don't know either lol

Madame Vengier

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1537699' date='May 22 2008, 04:28 PM']And to this day as far as I know you do not know that I did not call your master was the devil. My point was when anyone sins myself included our father is the devil, because he is the father of sin, Christ too says this, and I also deeply apologized for any other misunderstanding or insult on my part. I had actually defended you from another who called you a witch, and stated that was very unjust thing to say. But as far as I know, you have never know any of this by closing off all contact.[/quote]

Actually, I don't have you on ignore. But statements like this are disturbing:

"when anyone sins myself included our father is the devil, because he is the father of sin"

I'm not even going to get into that.

But thank you for the other comments.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='picchick' post='1537695' date='May 22 2008, 04:18 PM']Thank you for answering my question.

I do not care who you put on ignore. If you talk to anyone who knows me on the board or if you looked how at I operate...I ask questions...all the time. That is how I learn about the world around me and the people in that world. ;) Just thought I'd clarify.

Furthermore, just to let you know, that the people who respond to you who are blocked just might be answering you for clarification sake or to educate others who can see them. Just a thought on my part.

God Bless,
Meg[/quote]

How many people are registered at PM? And of those how many post at PM? (I'm not asking for a real answer, just pointing something out) And out of all those people I have 5 on ignore. I don't see what the big deal is.

But I agree with you about learning, etc. I read a lot of comments that teach me a lot of things. I don't always reply to them but I see them. Some of them are things I strongly disagree with, some are things I totally agree with, and some are new perspectives that give me some food for thought.

I am an outspoken person. I just think it's best to take a breather from some posters. Look, people post negative comments about me constantly--either about me, or snarky comments about things I written, or downright instulting things. Often there is not even a provocation from me. They just do it. If I make these people so unhappy I'm not real sure why THEY don't block ME and just spare themselves the frustration that I obviously cause them. Blocking people is not a cop-out. It keeps the peace and that's what you all want, right? Based on the thread that was going a few days ago about the chaos at PM?

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1537156' date='May 22 2008, 08:16 AM']What's the point of posting these videos? Maybe I don't get it because I haven't watched any of them, but it seems like the kind of thing where if you've seen one, you've seen them all. So, is there a point, or will this just be an endless series of the same videos?[/quote]
The point is to be informed about what is being shown on television in the Islamic world. Ignorance is not bliss.

Madame Vengier is not the subject of this thread, and sadly some people are hijacking this topic simply because they do not like her mode of expression.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1537705' date='May 22 2008, 03:36 PM']Mad V's rackin' up a big ol' ignore list![/quote]
Whether or not people are putting Madame V. on ignore is irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

The topic of this thread is "Muslim attitudes towards the West." The vile hatred of the West and of Israel and Jews in general that is going out over the airwaves in Islamic countries is the topic. If you are not going watch the videos that have been posted on MEMRI TV , then you really have no reason to be posting in this thread.

I created this threaad so that people could have access to information on what is being broadcast on television in the Islamic world, and I do not want it closed by the moderators.

I will start issuing complaints with the moderators against you, and anyone else that tries to hijack the thread by making Madame Vengier's posts the focus.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1537837' date='May 22 2008, 07:39 PM']Madame Vengier is not the subject of this thread, and sadly some people are hijacking this topic simply because they do not like her mode of expression.[/quote]

My apologies...I will now duck out of this thread and leave it for its original intention.

Forgive me.

[quote name='picchick' post='1537842' date='May 22 2008, 05:47 PM']I am not making a big deal out of it. I was curious. You seem to tell everyone you block and it seemed like a lot to me so I asked. No big deal was made on my part.
I have read your posts as well...you can be very snarky and dowright insulting at times as well. Times that I want to pull out my :ohno: but it would be wasted...I have pulled it out a couple of times on the debate thread with no avail. But whatever. In a way, yes, blocking can be a cop-out. That is why I asked you.

I want peace but I want challenge.[/quote]
This post is not on topic.

[quote name='picchick' post='1537845' date='May 22 2008, 05:48 PM']My apologies...I will now duck out of this thread and leave it for its original intention.

Forgive me.[/quote]
Apology accepted.

:)