An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslim attitudes towards the West

Apotheoun

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1535807' date='May 21 2008, 02:57 AM']Islam hasn't existed for 2,000 years.[/quote]

But Christianity has, and religious terrorism predates both Mohammad and Christ.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1535807' date='May 21 2008, 02:57 AM']And as long as people like you continue to deflect criticism of Islamic activity with comments like "There are Christian terrorists, too" then NOTHING will be done about Islam.

It's incredible to me that you continue to reject Islam as a religion but yet continue to make light of their bloodshed all over the world.[/quote]

You're not even going to address the existence of Christian and Jewish terrorist groups? It seems all you want is for me to agree with you without reason. I'm trying to reason this stuff out, but reason and logic seem to have no role in your thinking.

Here, I am asking for your input about what we should do about Islamic terrorism and the best you can do is blame me as part of the problem?

Alright.

How about we all simply pray?

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1535807' date='May 21 2008, 01:57 AM']And as long as people like you continue to deflect criticism of Islamic activity with comments like "There are Christian terrorists, too" then NOTHING will be done about Islam.[/quote]

What do you suggest CAN be done? I'm truly curious what the "plan of action" would be if you could convince everyone to be as fanatical about Islam as you are?

Madame Vengier

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1535823' date='May 21 2008, 01:18 AM']But Christianity has, and religious terrorism predates both Mohammad and Christ.[/quote]

The issue was Islam. You even said "Muslims" in your "2,000 years" question.

People like you always try to shift the discussion to unrelated issues whenever the topic of radical Islam is broached. But your dodging and deflecting won't change the reality that the single greatest threat to peace, stability, and the legitimate constitutional sovereignty of democratic nations, presently in existence TODAY is Islam. Whether it's Muslims killing, raping, subjugating and preaching hatred from one corner of the globe to the other, or whether it's Muslims trying to force their culture and way of life onto the non-Muslim world through foot baths in American universities, prayer rooms in American malls, special breaks for prayers during work time in American companies, minarets equipped with loudspeakers towering high in the sky in American cities, or Muslims re-writing Islamic history in the textbooks of American schools. The facts speak for themselves. Your hand-holding and bleeding heart rhetoric doesn't change the pitiful reality one single iota. It will only make the reality a lot harder for you to wake up to later on.

LouisvilleFan

Okay, lady. Take a chill pill.

You're still not giving me a single reason to be convinced. You present an emotional argument while I've taken the time to research facts and bring them to the table. You also fail to make one constructive suggestion as far as what we could do about extremist Islam.

Instead, you insist on making fun of me, calling me a "bleeding heart," as though I care what you think about me. The louder you scream, the more I'm gonna have to tune you out.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1536080' date='May 21 2008, 09:36 AM']Okay, lady. Take a chill pill.[/quote]

Lies. You haven't researched a single thing. The internet is rampant with people who have blogs and websites who have devoted to their lives to exposing radical Islam. Bookstores are full of the excellent books that have been written on the topic of the threat of Islam to the West. These books continue to be written, with new ones being published on a near monthly basis.

You haven't looked at one single bit of any of it.

Stay blind. Apparently, it's what you need. Maybe facing facts is too much for you.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1536088' date='May 21 2008, 11:47 AM']Lies. You haven't researched a single thing.[/quote]

I proved that the Middle East is indeed dirt poor in order to support my opinion that poverty is part of the reason extremist Islam exists. You didn't counter those facts with any research of your own, so I take that to mean you have nothing.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1536088' date='May 21 2008, 11:47 AM']The internet is rampant with people who have blogs and websites who have devoted to their lives to exposing radical Islam. Bookstores are full of the excellent books that have been written on the topic of the threat of Islam to the West. These books continue to be written, with new ones being published on a near monthly basis.

You haven't looked at one single bit of any of it.

Stay blind. Apparently, it's what you need. Maybe facing facts is too much for you.[/quote]

Actually, I have a friend who sends me e-mails on a nearly daily basis about Islam and terrorism (I don't read all of them, but I've read enough to get the idea). I also support a local chapter if InterVarsity Christian Fellowship which reaches out to international students, many of whom are Muslim. I've also supported CatholicWing and his church.

The problem, as I've been trying to get across, is it's difficult to find objective research and opinion on radical Islam. Most of these web sites, blogs, and other materials are so filled with emotion and rhetoric that I'm left believing all of this is more a matter of perception than reality.

Still, I'm willing to lay the argument about Islam to rest if you have one suggestion about what our response should be.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1536093' date='May 21 2008, 10:03 AM']Still, I'm willing to lay the argument about Islam to rest if you have one suggestion about what our response should be.[/quote]

First of all, since when was it demanded of me to provide an answer to Islam??

But the answer is the same as what I have always said is necessary with regard to this issue: getting educated and staying informed. Not putting our heads in the sand.

It's impossible to combat any radical ideaology without first being informed.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1536093' date='May 21 2008, 10:03 AM']but I've read enough to get the idea[/quote]

Sure you have.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1536105' date='May 21 2008, 12:46 PM']First of all, since when was it demanded of me to provide an answer to Islam??

But the answer is the same as what I have always said is necessary with regard to this issue: getting educated and staying informed. Not putting our heads in the sand.

It's impossible to combat any radical ideaology without first being informed.[/quote]

You're the one coming here, posting videos of crazy imams preaching against America and other sensationalist junk. But you don't even have a solution.

However, I just told you some of things I'm actually doing to be a small part of the solution, and the first thing I suggested was prayer. That you seem to not even care to pray for Muslims and victims of terrorism says a lot about who you trust.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1536106' date='May 21 2008, 12:47 PM']Sure you have.[/quote]

How do you know?

[mod]--Era Might[/mod]

Why haven't you said anything about Sharia Law and Islam's incorporation of government into their religious system? One of the key issues with Islam is that there is no concept of "separation of church and state." My gosh, I know the freaking arguments you could be making, but you seem to be completely ignorant.

Pray, pray, pray.
Just enjoy the day. Don't worry about what may happen. God will decide that. We are all going to die. Yes. Death will come to us all and probably to every single one of us on this forum before any resolution to any topic here.
Offer it up. Smile. Give someone a hug, especially if they are Muslim.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1536250' date='May 21 2008, 01:06 PM']How do you know?[/quote]

Because you said you did.

(rolls @@ eyes)

Madame Vengier

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1536250' date='May 21 2008, 01:06 PM'][mod]--Era Might[/mod][/quote]

You sound like a nice person. Actually, you sound a lot like a Muslim. [mod]--Era Might[/mod]

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1536250' date='May 21 2008, 02:06 PM'][mod]--Era Might[/mod][/quote]

You may disagree with her, but this is really uncalled for.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1536418' date='May 21 2008, 05:05 PM']Because you said you did.

(rolls @@ eyes)[/quote]

I said "Actually, I have a friend who sends me e-mails on a nearly daily basis about Islam and terrorism (I don't read all of them, but I've read enough to get the idea)."

If you saw the length of these e-mails, you would realize that I'd have to be unemployed to have time to read them all. But, I do read those that catch my interest. I don't always agree with them, especially those messages that simply quote a bunch of Qu'ran verses. I view that as poor logic, especially since they are never accompanied with any explanation about how to interpret the Qu'ran. Still, I agree that extremist Islam is a problem, and in all frankness, I'm doing a lot more than you to combat it.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1536420' date='May 21 2008, 05:06 PM']You sound like a nice person. Actually, you sound a lot like a Muslim. [mod]--Era Might[/mod][/quote]

I am a really nice person. A little too nice sometimes. That picture of Hillary suits you, though.