An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslim attitudes towards the West

Apotheoun

[quote name='picchick' post='1537845' date='May 22 2008, 05:48 PM']My apologies...I will now duck out of this thread and leave it for its original intention.

Forgive me.[/quote]
I started this thread so that people in the U.S. could be exposed to the propaganda going out over the airwaves in the Islamic world. I studied Islam as a part of my history degree, and I have become concerned because Americans in particular know nothing about the history of Islam. Americans also seem to be completely oblivious to the destruction of various Christian cultures perpetrated in the name of Mohammad, and which is still going on in parts of the middle east today.

I am a Byzantine Catholic, and I would hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate), appreciate) to see what happened to the Byzantine Church at the hands of Muslims happen to the Roman Church. Imagine St. Peter's Basilica turned into a mosque. Ignorance on the part of Westerners will lead to dhimmitude.

Edited by Apotheoun

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1537837' date='May 22 2008, 06:39 PM']Madame Vengier is not the subject of this thread, and sadly some people are hijacking this topic simply because they do not like her mode of expression.[/quote]

I'm sorry. :sadder:

Thank you for the info you post in this thread. I for one do read/watch it and am grateful for the info.

misereremi

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1537843' date='May 23 2008, 01:48 AM']The topic of this thread is "Muslim attitudes towards the West." The vile hatred of the West and of Israel and Jews in general that is going out over the airwaves in Islamic countries is the topic. If you are not going watch the videos that have been posted on MEMRI TV , then you really have no reason to be posting in this thread.

I created this threaad so that people could have access to information on what is being broadcast on television in the Islamic world, and I do not want it closed by the moderators.[/quote]
What is being shown on MEMRI is [b]deplorable[/b], but is MEMRI TV really popular viewing across the ‘Muslim’ world? :unsure: (genuine question mate- I’m not into sarcasm or insults).

I reckon, from what people out there tell me, that the most popular TV shows are pretty Westernised ones. My cousins (who are 2nd class citizens in UAE) watch stuff like Star Academy. (It’s like Pop/American Idol, and it’s shown in Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE and Yemen.)

Anyhow, in keeping with the title of this thread, I found this documentary by a Western Muslim celeb interviewing Pakistani ‘Muslims’ about their attitudes towards America. (NB It's youtube so people tend to swear in the comments boxes.)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fW9jPnjgE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fW9jPnjgE[/url]

God bless

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1537856' date='May 22 2008, 07:55 PM']I am a Byzantine Catholic, and I would hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate), appreciate) to see what happened to the Byzantine Church at the hands of Muslims happen to the Roman Church. Imagine St. Peter's Basilica turned into a mosque.[/quote]

Like what happened to Church of the Holy Wisdom of God.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1537859' date='May 22 2008, 05:57 PM']I'm sorry. :sadder:

Thank you for the info you post in this thread. I for one do read/watch it and am grateful for the info.[/quote]
I am glad that someone has been looking at the videos. I am sad that some of those who have attacked you, and who have tried to make you the focus of this thread, admit that they have not even watched any of the videos.

[quote name='StColette' post='1537863' date='May 22 2008, 05:59 PM']Like what happened to Church of the Holy Wisdom of God.[/quote]
Yes, the mother Church of all Byzantine Christians was desecrated when Constantinople fell to the Muslims on 29 May 1453, for on that day the altar to almighty God was destroyed, and the icons of our Lord and the Theotokos, and of all the holy saints and martyrs were covered over, and from the pulpit the Shahada was proclaimed. In addition to these acts of sacrilege, the holy women seeking refuge in the Church had their veils ripped from them, and then they were raped repeatedly inside the Church building, a building consecrated to Christ the Holy Wisdom. It was a truly sad day in the history of my Church, and I pray it never happens to the Church of Rome.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='misereremi' post='1537862' date='May 22 2008, 05:59 PM']What is being shown on MEMRI is [b]deplorable[/b], but is MEMRI TV really popular viewing across the ‘Muslim’ world? :unsure: (genuine question mate- I’m not into sarcasm or insults).[/quote]
MEMRI is not being watched in the Islamic world [i]per se[/i]; instead, MEMRI simply takes programs, or excerpts of programs, that are being shown on television in the Muslim world and uploads them to the internet. They do this in order to inform people about what is going on in that part of the world.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1537870' date='May 22 2008, 08:05 PM']Yes, the mother Church of all Byzantine Christians was desecrated when Constantinople fell to the Muslims on 29 May 1453, for on that day the altar to almighty God was destroyed, and the icons of our Lord and the Theotokos, and of all the holy saints and martyrs were covered over, and from the pulpit the Shahada was proclaimed. In addiction to these acts of sacrilege, the holy women seeking refuge in the Church had their veils ripped from them, and then they were raped repeatedly inside the Church building, a building consecrated to Christ the Holy Wisdom. It was a truly sad day in the history of my Church, and I pray it never happens to the Church of Rome.[/quote]

I learned about all of this in an art history class when we studied Byzantine art. It was just horrible.

[quote name='StColette' post='1537886' date='May 22 2008, 06:17 PM']I learned about all of this in an art history class when we studied Byzantine art. It was just horrible.[/quote]
Steven Runciman has written several books on the Byzantine Church, and the fall of Constantinople. Those who are interested in knowing more about what happened to the Christian east at the hands of the Muslims should take a look at his published works.

misereremi

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1537876' date='May 23 2008, 02:12 AM']MEMRI is not being watched in the Islamic world [i]per se[/i]; instead, MEMRI simply takes programs, or excerpts of programs, that are being shown on television in the Muslim world and uploads them to the internet. They do this in order to inform people about what is going on in that part of the world.[/quote]
Cheers for clarifying.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1537870' date='May 22 2008, 07:05 PM']Yes, the mother Church of all Byzantine Christians was desecrated when Constantinople fell to the Muslims on 29 May 1453, for on that day the altar to almighty God was destroyed, and the icons of our Lord and the Theotokos, and of all the holy saints and martyrs were covered over, and from the pulpit the Shahada was proclaimed. In addiction to these acts of sacrilege, the holy women seeking refuge in the Church had their veils ripped from them, and then they were raped repeatedly inside the Church building, a building consecrated to Christ the Holy Wisdom. It was a truly sad day in the history of my Church, and I pray it never happens to the Church of Rome.[/quote]

You just made my eyes well up. They are still welled up.

I want to recommend to folks to buy the DVD called [b]"Islam: What the West Needs to Know"[/b] presented documentary/panel style, featuring many great freedom fighters such as Robert Spencer and Bat Y'eor. The cost is just the same as any DVD and you can order it here:

[url="http://www.whatthewestneedstoknow.com/"]http://www.whatthewestneedstoknow.com/[/url]

I have a copy and have watched it numerous times. My goal is to memorize it.

Or....

I think you may be able to watch it for FREE here:

[url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-871902797772997781"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-871902797772997781[/url]

It's only about 100 minutes long. So very, very informative. The presenters all have immense knowledge and experience in this topic. [b](I just checked...the video works and it's FREE!)[/b]

You will learn some history of Islam, background of Mohammed, important Koranic verses which support the call to violent Jihad (with explanation) and various other conversations.

[b]Louisville Fan[/b], this may be good for you if you have the 100 minutes to spare becuase it deals with the questions you have asked, in a straightforward and calm manner. I understand you don't like information that you pereceive as too harsh on Muslims, etc. I understand that, so this may be something more suitable for you.

Edited by Madame Vengier

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1537870' date='May 22 2008, 07:05 PM']Yes, the mother Church of all Byzantine Christians was desecrated when Constantinople fell to the Muslims on 29 May 1453, for on that day the altar to almighty God was destroyed, and the icons of our Lord and the Theotokos, and of all the holy saints and martyrs were covered over, and from the pulpit the Shahada was proclaimed. In addition to these acts of sacrilege, the holy women seeking refuge in the Church had their veils ripped from them, and then they were raped repeatedly inside the Church building, a building consecrated to Christ the Holy Wisdom. It was a truly sad day in the history of my Church, and I pray it never happens to the Church of Rome.[/quote]

I was not aware rape actually took place in the Church but I'm not surprised. There is a hadith that relates certain Muslims approaching Muhammad after a battle. They had captured a bunch of women as the spoils of war and they became carnally attracted to them. They wanted to ask Muhammad whether they could perform coitus interruptus after raping them. Muhammad didn't discourage the rape, instead he said which ever way they do it it is Allah's will whether they get pregnant or not.

Understand that Muslims regard this Muhammad as the *best* human being that ever lived, as the model for *all* mankind. I shudder at the thought.

Edited by mortify

[quote name='mortify' post='1537924' date='May 22 2008, 06:30 PM']I was not aware rape actually took place in the Church but I'm not surprised. There is a hadith that relates certain Muslims approaching Muhammad after a battle. They had captured a bunch of women as the spoils of war and they became carnally attracted to them. They wanted to ask Muhammad whether they could perform coitus interruptus after raping them. Muhammad didn't discourage the rape, instead he said which ever way they do it it is Allah's will whether they get pregnant or not.

Understand that Muslims regard this Muhammad as the *best* human being that ever lived, as the model for *all* mankind. I shudder at the thought.[/quote]
Rape occurred throughout the city, both of women and young girls, and even of boys. They did other acts as well in the Churches in order to make fun of Christ.

Edited by Apotheoun