An Old School Catholic Message Board

What do you want your religious name to be?

zabbazooey

[quote name='All For Jesus' date='Jul 26 2005, 10:28 AM']I think that's a beautiful name.  I have been partial to the name Sister Mary Magdalene myself.  I once heard the PCPA's sing about St. Mary Magdalene on Life on the Rock once.- It really touched me.  It spoke about how Mary Magdalene broke the alabaster jar and gave everything to Jesus (even though she was criticized for it) and how we should not be afraid to give Jesus our all.  After that, I have had a very special place for this saint in my heart.
[right][snapback]659504[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Oh wow! Do you remember when that episode was so I can look it up online? Mother Angelica seems to be really devoted to St. Mary Magdalene.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Jul 26 2005, 10:16 AM']The Precious Feet of Jesus... how lovely! Not at all odd. The feet which took him throughout the world sharing the good news, and that must have been so pained as he walked barefoot upon Calvary as he carried his cross, and then were dreadfully punctured with nails... I think it's the smaller aspects of Jesus' life, that many do not often notice that are so important to be devoted to...
[right][snapback]659492[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That's such a great way to put it. I couldn't agree with you more about focusing on the smaller aspects. That has really been a big thing in helping me get to know Jesus better. Sometimes looking at the big picture all the time can get so overwhelming for me.

the orders I am looking at let you keep your name the only one is the MFVA.

I would take Damien Joseph

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Jul 26 2005, 04:13 PM']I think that's how it is for the SMME's, too. They give Mother a list of three, in order of preference.  I'm not sure if Mother can pick a different name than what's on the list of three, but I suppose that she could.[/quote]

Yes, Mother can choose a different name if she likes. :) Well, I really have only two names right now... but I have the next year to do a LOT of praying on this topic!!
[b]Sr. Augustine Marie[/b] - St. Augustine's story is so awesome, his [i]Confessions[/i] are awesome, and his "late" conversion is so inspiring! Among many other reasons. ;)
[b]Sr. Xavier Marie[/b] - I absolutely ADORE St. Francis Xavier - his renunciation of his Spanish nobility and embrace of poverty in complete charity. As well as his ardent missionary spirit... yay! This is definitely my #1 choice right now. :)

So, how would you pronounce "Xavier" if that becomes your name? I have heard three different pronunciations: One that sounds like "Haviay", one that sounds like "Zaveyer", and one that sounds like "X-avier".

All For Jesus

[quote]QUOTE(All For Jesus @ Jul 26 2005, 10:28 AM)I think that's a beautiful name.  I have been partial to the name Sister Mary Magdalene myself.  I once heard the PCPA's sing about St. Mary Magdalene on Life on the Rock once.- It really touched me.  It spoke about how Mary Magdalene broke the alabaster jar and gave everything to Jesus (even though she was criticized for it) and how we should not be afraid to give Jesus our all.  After that, I have had a very special place for this saint in my heart.

Oh wow! Do you remember when that episode was so I can look it up online? Mother Angelica seems to be really devoted to St. Mary Magdalene.
[/quote]

No, Totus Tuus, I don't remember, but I will find out and let you know. I think I even have it taped, so I can always go watch it and see if they say if I can't find it online.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Jul 29 2005, 04:33 PM']So, how would you pronounce "Xavier" if that becomes your name? I have heard three different pronunciations: One that sounds like "Haviay", one that sounds like "Zaveyer", and one that sounds like "X-avier".[/quote]

A cross between the last two. :) I think I kind of prefer the last, but I wouldn't particularly mind if people used the second (as I do, quite often). ;) My mom really likes the first, as it's the Spanish (and therefore proper..?) pronunciation. Actually, after I told her about this name, she was quite thrilled because she has said if she ever had a son, she would name him Xavier (or Javier... same difference) - a fact I had forgotten when I fell in love with this name! :)

ForHimAlone

I'd choose Mary Josephine, Mary Regina, Mary Teresa/Therese, or Mary Faustina. There's so many names! I would just want my Mother Superior to choose my name! ^_^

ForHimAlone

Oops... I forgot to post the reasons.

Mary Josephine- I have a strong devotion to both the Blessed Mother and St. Joseph. St. Joseph is the patron of my vocation, and I look to him for protection and as a role model.

Mary Regina- I will be consecrating myself to Mary on the feast of the Queenship of Our Lady.

Mary Teresa/Therese/Faustina- I love these three saints. They are just amazing, and I feel a special closeness to them, even though they are all so different.

All For Jesus

[quote]QUOTE(All For Jesus @ Jul 26 2005, 10:28 AM)I think that's a beautiful name.  I have been partial to the name Sister Mary Magdalene myself.  I once heard the PCPA's sing about St. Mary Magdalene on Life on the Rock once.- It really touched me.  It spoke about how Mary Magdalene broke the alabaster jar and gave everything to Jesus (even though she was criticized for it) and how we should not be afraid to give Jesus our all.  After that, I have had a very special place for this saint in my heart.

[/quote]

I found it! It is episode #336 on Life on the Rock. The topic is A Day in our Life with Fr. Francis Mary w/ the Poor Clare Sisters & the Friars of the MFVA. You should be able to find it in the document library on ewtn.com . The song is actually sort of a music video where they showed parts of the Poor Clares day and played the music in the background. They talk a little bit about the song afterward. Hope you enjoy it!

daugher-of-Mary

hmmm...

Sr. Maria John or Maria John Paul-obvious reason ;) but I also have a strong devotion to the Beloved Disciple who heard the beating of Christ's Heart
Sr. Mary Grace- "His Grace alone is sufficient for thee, His power made perfect in weakness"
Sr. Mary Therese/Teresa/Joseph/Magdalene-I love all those saints!

Titles...of Divine Mercy, of the Sacred Heart, or of the Trinity

Mostly I just want Mother Superior to pick. It would be to hard to do it myself!