An Old School Catholic Message Board

What do you want your religious name to be?

zabbazooey

i know the carmelites of the divine heart of jesus take names....they are semi contemplative...

[quote name='jgirl' date='Jul 25 2005, 08:38 PM']
If I could suggest names, my favorite saints are St. Edith Stein (Teresa Benedicta)
[/quote]

A sister at the PCPAs received the name Sr. Maria Benedicta because Edith Stein was her favorite saint as well.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Jul 26 2005, 09:25 AM'][mod]edited at poster's request[/mod]

I know the title is odd, but I just feel like that's what it might be.

[right][snapback]659412[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No I think it is beautiful and unique. It is the first time I have ever heard it.

I have researched over 36 communites cloistered and active. And there is no rule to the name thing. Some active are still TAKING NAMES some cloistered are not. It all depends on the community.

I HOPE YOU GET THAT NAME....absolutely gorgeous.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:25 AM'][mod]edit[/mod].

At the PCPA's, you submit three names, and Mother Abbess may or may not choose from that list. Other names I've considered are Sr. Marie John Paul and Sr. Marie Bernadine.
[/quote]

The Precious Feet of Jesus... how lovely! Not at all odd. The feet which took him throughout the world sharing the good news, and that must have been so pained as he walked barefoot upon Calvary as he carried his cross, and then were dreadfully punctured with nails... I think it's the smaller aspects of Jesus' life, that many do not often notice that are so important to be devoted to...

Edited by homeschoolmom

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Jul 26 2005, 10:25 AM'][mod]edit[/mod].

At the PCPA's, you submit three names, and Mother Abbess may or may not choose from that list. Other names I've considered are Sr. Marie John Paul and Sr. Marie Bernadine.
[/quote]

What a lovely name!! It's not odd, it's beautiful!

All For Jesus

I think that's a beautiful name. I have been partial to the name Sister Mary Magdalene myself. I once heard the PCPA's sing about St. Mary Magdalene on Life on the Rock once.- It really touched me. It spoke about how Mary Magdalene broke the alabaster jar and gave everything to Jesus (even though she was criticized for it) and how we should not be afraid to give Jesus our all. After that, I have had a very special place for this saint in my heart.

ThyHolyLove

The order I'm thinking of entering with [url="http://www.ascjusvocations.org/homepage.htm"]The Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus[/url] let you choose a name or keep your baptismal name and add a saint's name. For me it'll be either Maria Emily for St. Maria Goretti or Maria Kolbe for St. Maria Goretti and Maximillan Kolbe.

FutureSoror

Ohhh... I have ideas but they could very well change! These are tops right now:

Sr. Imelda Therese
Sr. Catherine Imelda
Sr. Imelda Catherine

Agnes and Agatha as well as others could easily be thrown into the mix, as well. ;)

FutureSoror

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Jul 26 2005, 09:25 AM']

At the PCPA's, you submit three names, and Mother Abbess may or may not choose from that list. [right][snapback]659412[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think that's how it is for the SMME's, too. They give Mother a list of three, in order of preference. I'm not sure if Mother can pick a different name than what's on the list of three, but I suppose that she could.

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Jul 26 2005, 02:09 PM']Ohhh... I have ideas but they could very well change!  These are tops right now:

Sr. Imelda Therese
Sr. Catherine Imelda
Sr. Imelda Catherine

Agnes and Agatha as well as others could easily be thrown into the mix, as well.  ;)
[right][snapback]660073[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Imelda... how pretty! Why that?

FutureSoror

Blessed Imelda Lambertini was a young Dominican nun (and by young I mean Eleven years old) in the 1300s who wanted to receive the Eucharist very badly ever since she was five. Children weren't allowed to receive at that time, though. She grew in holiness and longing for Our Lord, hoping that if she proved herself the nuns would allow her to receive.

One day after Mass, a Host from the Tabernacle came and miraculously floated above her head, and she adored it in ecstacy. The nuns took it as a sign that the Lord wanted her to receive Him, so they called the priest.

He administered Holy Communion, and she shortly afterward in ecstacy of Joy.

Besides her gloriously beautiful story and connection with the Eucharist, I love the idea of having a child-saint as a patron, and the name is just so pretty!

Oh and also, she's Dominican, and I'm joining a Dominican commnunity.