An Old School Catholic Message Board

What do you want your religious name to be?

zabbazooey

It would be difficult to pick just one.

Sr. Joan Bernadette is my new pick

St. Joan of Arc is my confirmation name (I love her) and I already mentioned Bernadette before....

[quote]Tee hee....I was thinking about this the other day.....I think I've narrowed it down....
Sr. Maria Benedicta[/quote]
This has always been a favourite name......!!!! But always because of our Papa!
[quote]Sr. Mary Chiara[/quote]
After St Clare of Assisi, she is my Confirmation Saint. I think she was AWESOME.
[quote]Sr. Ana Marie[/quote]
After Bl. Ana...............I read about her on the Dominican nuns blog....
[quote]Sr. Cecilia Marie.[/quote]

I love music, so St Cecilia is a pretty cool saint. Also, the teacher who has been an awesome mentor to me, here first name is Cecilia.

[quote]And the titles that I like...
of His Most Precious Blood
of His Divine Mercy
of  the Annunciation
of the Holy Rosary
of the Good Shepherd

Well yeah.....but I'll let them decide.
[right][snapback]659080[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I just really like those devotions..............my absolute favourites are His Divine Mercy and His Most Precious Blood.....although, I love the Holy Rosary as well.........
(I left off my reasone the first time I posted :unsure: )

[quote name='All For Jesus' date='Jul 31 2005, 12:38 PM']I found it!  It is episode #336 on Life on the Rock.  The topic is A Day in our Life with Fr. Francis Mary w/ the Poor Clare Sisters & the Friars of the MFVA.  You should be able to find it in the document library on ewtn.com .  The song is actually sort of a music video where they showed parts of the Poor Clares day and played the music in the background.  They talk a little bit about the song afterward.  Hope you enjoy it!
[right][snapback]666280[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thank you so much! I was so happy to hear their explanation of the song, because it turns out that Sr. Allison's (who has since become Sr. Marie Ste. Anne of the Child Mary) blood sister Ashley (who has since become Sr. Ashley... she joined in March) wrote the song! That's so awesome :D I loved the episode, thanks so much :)

All For Jesus

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Aug 1 2005, 12:20 PM']Thank you so much! I was so happy to hear their explanation of the song, because it turns out that Sr. Allison's (who has since become Sr. Marie Ste. Anne of the Child Mary) blood sister Ashley (who has since become Sr. Ashley... she joined in March) wrote the song! That's so awesome :D I loved the episode, thanks so much :)
[right][snapback]667177[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You are welcome, Totus Tuus. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it.-I love that song. I love the idea of giving everything to Jesus- even if society will not support you in doing so...That's wonderful that the PCPA's have a new postulant!

[quote name='All For Jesus' date='Jul 29 2005, 09:02 PM']No, Totus Tuus, I don't remember, but I will find out and let you know.  I think I even have it taped, so I can always go watch it and see if they say if I can't find it online.
[right][snapback]664585[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:o i taped it too!!!!....i had it for a while and watched it many times, but then i finally taped over it.

that was an amazing episode! i can't believe there are other junkies around who loved it as much as me. i wished so much i could get a recording of the song.

i even used the refrain of the song as the main quote under the title of my old blog:

"You must break the alabaster jar, and pour it at His feet. Like Mary Magdalene, who then began to weep. Do not be afraid, to give Him your all. You've been called to break the alabaster jar."

oooo i'm so excited...that is SUCH a great song. i had forgotten about it.

All For Jesus

[quote name='Andrea348' date='Aug 2 2005, 08:44 AM']:o  i taped it too!!!!....i had it for a while and watched it many times, but then i finally taped over it.

that was an amazing episode!  i can't believe there are other junkies around who loved it as much as me.  i wished so much i could get a recording of the song.

i even used the refrain of the song as the main quote under the title of my old blog:

"You must break the alabaster jar, and pour it at His feet. Like Mary Magdalene, who then began to weep. Do not be afraid, to give Him your all. You've been called to break the alabaster jar."

oooo i'm so excited...that is SUCH a great song.  i had forgotten about it.
[right][snapback]668386[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes, I love that episode too... but especially the song. It has been a very inspiring song. It reminds me that I must give EVERYTHING to Jesus, which is not always easy.

FlyLikeABird

If the community I am considering did change names I would like [color=purple]Sr. Therese-Anne Andre[/color] if I could, in honour of my patroness, the foundress of the community I am considering and the founder of [color=purple]PRH.[/color] [url="http://www.prh-international.com"]PRH International[/url]

But they don't so I'll be Sr. Lori! :D:

FlyLikeABird

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Aug 2 2005, 07:26 PM']PRH isn't religious, huh? I don't get it.
[right][snapback]669138[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
No PRH in and of itself is not religious but Andre Rochais, the originator/founder of the PRH pedagogy is/was a French Catholic Priest! PRH can be adapted to any faith base as it centers on personal growth not molding you to someone else's idea of faith. Also the community I am considering uses PRH as a formation tool! (They have an annual community retreat using a PRH workshop).

No offense, but that sounds like modernism to me. There is a True Faith and we [i]should[/i] try to mold ourself to its ideas. Otherwise, we're just floating in the wind and not letting God grab hold of us. Please explain further if I'm not understanding you.

FlyLikeABird

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Aug 2 2005, 07:40 PM']No offense, but that sounds like modernism to me. There is a True Faith and we [i]should[/i] try to mold ourself to its ideas. Otherwise, we're just floating in the wind and not letting God grab hold of us. Please explain further if I'm not understanding you.
[right][snapback]669160[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
PRH is a psycho-pedagogy. It is non-denominational but allows you to express your own beliefs! It's sort of like this. A Doctor(Catholic) and a Lawyer(Buddhist) get together to discuss their work(Faith/Life). The Doctor talks about all the prescriptions and patients he sees everyday and his difficulties dealing with uncooperative patients. The Lawyer talks about being in court with a particularly rough crowd, trying to help a client who will not cooperate, etc... Each understands the other and allows them the opportunity to speak, each understands their own work and gets a boost of confidence from the other despite the differences in their work. Neither is convinced to change careers but understands more fully why they chose that job.
On the other hand if a group of Doctors got together they could use inside "lingo" that a group of Lawyers probably would need to worry about or perhaps would not understand. In this case once again the Doctors get ideas about how to improve their practice and learn some new things about their field (IE new medicines on the market, etc).

Am I making it clear?

Oh yes one more thing, PRH hinges on YOUR faith so what you believe drives your PRH experience. So Orthodox Catholic uses Orthodox beliefs, Buddhist uses Buddhist beliefs, Jewish uses Jewish beliefs.

Edited by FlyLikeABird