An Old School Catholic Message Board

What do you want your religious name to be?

zabbazooey

Yeah, you're making sense, I've heard of this kind of stuff before. But there is a True Faith, and our aim should be to lead people to the Truth, right? It seems like a scandal to [i]encourage[/i] them to stay where they're at when you know they're not in the full Truth. I don't see how you can really have [i]complete[/i] human development until the human knows the [i]complete[/i] Truth, which is Catholicism, NOT Buddhism or Judaism or Protestantism. It sounds like this organization kind of deifies the human intellect and makes Catholicism an optional condiment on the platter of the brain. Kind of like choosing between Buddhism and Catholicism is the same thing as choosing between a soft mattress and a hard one. It doesn't work that way.

So, what is the Order like that he founded?

Edited by Totus Tuus

FlyLikeABird

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Aug 2 2005, 07:56 PM']Yeah, you're making sense, I've heard of this kind of stuff before. But there is a True Faith, and our aim should be to lead people to the Truth, right? It seems like a scandal to [i]encourage[/i] them to stay where they're at when you know they're not in the full Truth. I don't see how you can really have [i]complete[/i] human development until the human knows the [i]complete[/i] Truth, which is Catholicism, NOT Buddhism or Judaism or Protestantism. It sounds like this organization kind of deifies the human intellect and makes Catholicism an optional condiment on the platter of the brain. Kind of like choosing between Buddhism and Catholicism is the same thing as choosing between a soft mattress and a hard one. It doesn't work that way.

So, what is the Order like that he founded?
[right][snapback]669181[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I will agree that it is our part to attempt to convert people but PRH is not a religious tool, it is a psychology tool. There are workshops like "Way to the Being, Way to God" that are Catholic based. But on a whole PRH is used a methodology of emotional/psychological healing. There is also a "safe-place" feature of the method which forbids anyone from intruding on another person's personal journey. This includes confidentiality of not talking about things spoken about during a workshop session and/or using anything that has said as a tool for conversion etc. The big thing to remember about PRH is that it is meant to be a healing method. Everyone has wounds and during a workshop people become open to those wounds and thus more vulnerable. Trying to convert someone who is feeling wounded can be disasterous!

Andre didn't found an Order, he founded PRH! The Order I am considering that uses PRH as a tool is the Sisters of the Child Jesus. French Order really Soeurs de L'enfant Jesus.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Well, it has come with quite a lot of meditation, especially at Mass... Well, I think it may be Sister Mary Anthony of the Child Jesus ^_^ and I just now realized how well these to went together.

Well, Mother Abbess had written me shortly after I had decided that I would begin my devotion to St. Anthony that she had entrusted my vocation under the protect of St. Anthony.
The Child Jesus part came after Mass yesterday, well it was still during Mass, just after Holy Communion. I was meditating on how the Lord was with in my heart, and I also brought a previous meditation that came when I was on my silent retreat that everyday is truely like Christmas through Mass. :) Mary is the tabernacle, and opens herself to give us Christ :) So... I hope that wasn't too confusing....

All For Jesus

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 8 2005, 10:33 AM']Well, it has come with quite a lot of meditation, especially at Mass...  Well, I think it may be Sister Mary Anthony of the Child Jesus ^_^  and I just now realized how well these to went together.

Well, Mother Abbess had written me shortly after I had decided that I would begin my devotion to St. Anthony that she had entrusted my vocation under the protect of St. Anthony.
The Child Jesus part came after Mass yesterday, well it was still during Mass, just after Holy Communion.  I was meditating on how the Lord was with in my heart, and I also brought a previous meditation that came when I was on my silent retreat that everyday is truely like Christmas through Mass.  :)  Mary is the tabernacle, and opens herself to give us Christ :)  So...  I hope that wasn't too confusing....
[right][snapback]676869[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Wow, how very beautiful! I really like it!

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 8 2005, 09:33 AM']Well, it has come with quite a lot of meditation, especially at Mass...  Well, I think it may be Sister Mary Anthony of the Child Jesus ^_^  and I just now realized how well these to went together.

The Child Jesus part came after Mass yesterday, well it was still during Mass, just after Holy Communion.  I was meditating on how the Lord was with in my heart, and I also brought a previous meditation that came when I was on my silent retreat that everyday is truely like Christmas through Mass.  :)  Mary is the tabernacle, and opens herself to give us Christ :)  So...  I hope that wasn't too confusing....
[/quote]
That's so awesome.

Question: How did all of you come to know that the names you like were perhaps meant to be your religious name? For me, I had been meditating on Mary Magdalene's role as comforter of Jesus for a few weeks, and I woke up from a nap one day while I was on retreat in Alabama, and the "title" part with the name Sr. Mary Magdalene ("of the Precious Feet of Jesus) came into my head, so I really feel like that is something Jesus may want me to aspire to. Even if that's not what my name turns out to be, Jesus has inspired in my heart a devotion to Mary Magdalene and to be His comforter... anyone else have a story like that?

Edited by Totus Tuus

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 8 2005, 08:33 AM']Well, it has come with quite a lot of meditation, especially at Mass...  Well, I think it may be Sister Mary Anthony of the Child Jesus ^_^  and I just now realized how well these to went together.

[/quote]
Actually, I think it may be Sister Mary Anthony of the Infant Jesus

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 8 2005, 11:38 AM']Actually, I think it may be Sister Mary Anthony of the Infant Jesus
[right][snapback]677011[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I love it! How beautiful ^_^

I've been thinking about religious names, and I've come to realise I associate different names with different communities. For example, on the off chance of me ever entering a large community (active) I'd go for a less common name, like Sr Mary Marcellin, or Sr Mary Peter Chanel. Whereas, in a smaller order, I'd choose something more specific to me and my discernment....like Sr Mary Chiara of His Most Precious Blood, (my favourite at the moment!) or Sr Maria Benedicta, or Sr Miryam of the Indwelling Trinity (or Divine Mercy) But who knows!!! I think I'm getting surer of where I meant to be each day, and the change in focus of name has a lot to do with it, lol.

FlyLikeABird

[quote name='FlyLikeABird' date='Aug 2 2005, 07:12 PM']If the community I am considering did change names I would like [color=purple]Sr. Therese-Anne Andre[/color] if I could, in honour of my patroness, the foundress of the community I am considering and the founder of [color=purple]PRH.[/color] [url="http://www.prh-international.com"]PRH International[/url]

But they don't so I'll be Sr. Lori! :D:
[right][snapback]669120[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
In addition to the name I think my title would be "of the Wounded Christ". I do a lot of work with people the world considers Wounded and He did say "what you do to the least of mine you do to me". Also fits well with PRH and helping people to heal their wounds. I plan to become a PRH Educator eventually.

Sr. Therese-Anne Andre of the Wounded Christ.

Wow. I read it like that and I am moved to tears. I think I will carry that in my heart even though I probably won't be changing my name for real.

I'm actually stunned by that.

edit:
I had to find the french: Sr. Thérèse-Anne André du Christ Blessé

Edited by FlyLikeABird

I've thought about this a little bit. I like the name Sr. Miriam Teresa b/c Miriam is the traditional Middle Eastern pronunciation of our Lady's name (and I study that area of the world and I love it so much!). Teresa in honor of St. Teresa. After reading Interior Castle, I was hooked on her teachings and her piety.

I also like the name Maximillian Marie because I admire St. Maximillian's obedience to our Lord even onto death. And Marie in honor of our Lady.

I'm not sure about titles. Though, I like "Of His Most Precious Blood" and "Of the Holy Trinity".

Edited by msahara

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Aug 8 2005, 11:38 AM']Actually, I think it may be Sister Mary Anthony of the Infant Jesus
[right][snapback]677011[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Do you know what you're going to change your phatmass sn to when you become a nun? :)

DesiringMore

Sr. Mary John
Sr. John Mary
Sr. John Marie Cecilia
Sr. Mary Job

I was just praying about the religious name the Lord desires more than what i desire; it has not come to me in the silence nor the noise as of yet. But i desire so much for a name that fits me inside and out.