An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are Pro-"Choice" "catholics" Heretics?

KnightofChrist

Should Pro-Death "catholics" be declared Heretics and kick out of Holy Mother Church?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1345258869' post='2469516']
KoC. I've got ask. We're you homeschooled? Most people learn as kids on the playground to stop provoking their antagonist and to sometimes suffer in silence when your being picked on. According to your profile, you're 31. Either you have difficulty relating to people, or you have an overblown ego and can't tolerate someone not having a positive opinion of you. Settle down and let it go. Don't let your futile efforts inadvertently create another Legendary Thread.
[/quote]
[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1345312873' post='2469745']
Seriously? Dissing homeschoolers for being unsocialized is so last century.
[/quote]
[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345319411' post='2469780']
Yeah, that's kinda not razzle dazzle. Especially here.
[/quote]

:| Amen.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1345268994' post='2469601']
This thread has serious problems that can be seen in the fact that FP has a crazy dope post...
[/quote]

and yet i have ZERO props for my phish taco haiku WITH llama illustration

the injustice...the pain

[/quote]
Can you please talk to my extended family? If my son can't split an atom by age 9 then homeschool'n ain't "working".

[/quote]I never said homeschooled kids are unsocialized, but I thought that homeschooled kids didn't usually have daily recess with 300 other kids of various ages on the playground with little to no supervision. I guess I don't know what homeschooling is, I didn't think they would be in that type of social environment.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345280443' post='2469644']
:twitch:

This is madness. People are clearly being overly liberal with their props.
[/quote]

Hey, hey ,hey. I will not tolerate anything "liberal" being identified with my posts. I am conservative both socially and fiscally. None of this trickle down nonsense.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1345732995' post='2472615']
I never said homeschooled kids are unsocialized, but I thought that homeschooled kids didn't usually have daily recess with 300 other kids of various ages on the playground with little to no supervision. I guess I don't know what homeschooling is, I didn't think they would be in that type of social environment.
[/quote]

I have been home schooled my entire life. I have never stepped foot in a classroom. So I suppose that gives me the authority to say you are right. I cannot recall the last time three hundred kids were in my backyard. However, recess always rocked for me because we would jump on the trampoline in the backyard. Way better than a jungle gym, and in some ways more risk of serious injury!

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345734814' post='2472631']
Hey, hey ,hey. I will not tolerate anything "liberal" being identified with my posts. I am conservative both socially and fiscally. None of this trickle down nonsense.
[/quote]

I didn't say [i]you[/i] were liberal though.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345735624' post='2472640']
I didn't say [i]you[/i] were liberal though.
[/quote]

All liberosity must be destroyed by the sweet nectar of Austrian economics.

[img]http://files.sharenator.com/chuck_norris_RE_Recap_of_the_FIFA_World_Cup_2010_Finals-s450x560-176070-535.jpg[/img]

Usually I don't think my jokes are that funny, but for some reason my post was just so weird it made me laugh really hard.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345735741' post='2472641']
All liberosity must be destroyed by the sweet nectar economic justice.

Usually I don't think my jokes are that funny, but for some reason my post was just so weird it made me laugh really hard.
[/quote]

That's not even a coherent sentence. Apparently your conservative nature does not apply to proper use of English grammar.

:|

PhuturePriest

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345735934' post='2472644']
That's not even a coherent sentence. Apparently your conservative nature does not apply to proper use of English grammar.

:|
[/quote]

I know it's not. That's why it made me laugh so much. It was just so random and weird. Oh... Dear goodness, no! USAirways is finally affecting me...

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345736018' post='2472649']
I know it's not. That's why it made me laugh so much. It was just so random and weird. Oh... Dear goodness, no! USAirways is finally affecting me...
[/quote]

You should really deal with this problem or soon you'll be making constant topics full of nonsense no-one can understand.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345736555' post='2472660']
You should really deal with this problem or soon you'll be making constant topics full of nonsense no-one can understand.
[/quote]

I know. I promise that is the last time. I'm just in a really good mood right now. It's sort of David Tenanty, really. This scares me, though, as I have noticed every time I am in a really good mood it is a grace by God to prepare me for something stressful.

missionseeker

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1345732995' post='2472615']
I never said homeschooled kids are unsocialized, but I thought that homeschooled kids didn't usually have daily recess with 300 other kids of various ages on the playground with little to no supervision. I guess I don't know what homeschooling is, I didn't think they would be in that type of social environment.
[/quote]

Well no. They generally don't have recess with 300 people. But since their parents pay taxes, sometimes they are allowed to participate in extracurricular activities at a public school. Then there's 4-h, FFA, youth tours, essay contest, local academic contests, girls' state and boys' state, homeschooling co-ops, neighborhoods, etc. all of which involve mingling with other kids of various ages. Some of them even involve meeting governors, us senators, and ocassionally the president.

When I was public schooled we were not allowed to play with kids in other classes. Didn't really promote socializing.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1345737233' post='2472667']
Well no. They generally don't have recess with 300 people. But since their parents pay taxes, sometimes they are allowed to participate in extracurricular activities at a public school. Then there's 4-h, FFA, youth tours, essay contest, local academic contests, girls' state and boys' state, homeschooling co-ops, neighborhoods, etc. all of which involve mingling with other kids of various ages. Some of them even involve meeting governors, us senators, and ocassionally the president.

When I was public schooled we were not allowed to play with kids in other classes. Didn't really promote socializing.
[/quote]

I played football for three years at the school. However, as soon as junior high started I was no longer allowed since the high school doesn't want us smelly peasant home school children on its teams. I love how they complain that we don't socialize enough but when we try they don't let us.

Edited by FuturePriest387

missionseeker

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1345732459' post='2472611']

Can you please talk to my extended family? If my son can't split an atom by age 9 then homeschool'n ain't "working".
[/quote]

When I first began to be homeschooled, my grandmother freaked out. She said that we'd never be able to go to college. That she would have to pay for my older sister (not any of the rest of us) to go to college so she wouldn't be a failure at life. When we started to be highschoolers and entering and winning contests she calmed down. There are two of us who've graduated from college, one with a semester or so left, and a fourth who is a sophomore. The others are still in highschoolers or elementary. After we went to college, my uncle's wife announced that because there were problems at the public school and they had already tried the private school, she was going to be homeschooling their girls (meaning that every single one of my grandmother's grandchildren would be homeschooled lol). Anyway, at that point she was excited for my cousins! And it's not like we did anything spectacular. We just did what we would have done anyway, you know?

So my point is just be patient with them. There's a lot misunderstanding when it comes to homeschooling. They may come around. You never know.