journeyman Posted December 29, 2005 Posted December 29, 2005 O Jesus, You suffered and died for us; You understand suffering; Teach us to understand suffering as You do; To bear it in union with You; To offer it with You to atone for our sins And to bring Your grace to souls in need. Calm our fears; increase our trust. May we gladly accept Your holy will and become more like You in trial. If it be Your will, restore Seven (Harold) to health so that he may work for your honor and glory and the salvation of all men. Amen. Mary, health of the sick, pray for Seven (Harold).
phatcatholic Posted December 29, 2005 Posted December 29, 2005 what happened to make him stop breathing?
Lil Red Posted December 29, 2005 Posted December 29, 2005 oh dear! i will be keeping seven in my prayers!
stuckinamo Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 my goodness, for him i will most certainly pray. May the peace of Christ be with you....
Lil Red Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 i got this update: [color=blue]Hello all, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you who have sent encouraging and uplifting e-mails for me to read to Harold. As I read each one to him he just smiled from ear to ear (it's hard to smile with three tubes down your throat, but nothing can stop my bro from smiling). He has also been smiling at his many visitors who come by each day... (if he's awake when they come). I know that it helps him to know how many of you are praying for him. Now, for the medical update: Turns out Harold has pneumonia. He is still breathing with the help of a respirator, from which they are slowly trying to wean him off. Today another attempt was made to take him off of the respirator. However, after about 10 minutes he began to experience shortness of breath and needed to be placed back on it. The doctors said they will try the whole process again tomorrow. This is generally what has been going on each day at the ICU. We are all hoping and praying that he will be able to breathe on his own soon! Thanks again for your continued prayers! God bless. Henrietta [/color]
franciscanheart Posted January 1, 2006 Posted January 1, 2006 im hoping he can breathe on his own soon as well
hdogga Posted January 2, 2006 Posted January 2, 2006 Hi. This is Seven77's sister. I just got back from the hospital and he's doing better then a couple of days ago, when the doctors were discussing the option of a tracheostomy. They tried to get him off the respirator, but he only lasted a couple of minutes. He mouthed the words "I'm scared." My mom and I stayed in the room and prayed as he tried to breathe on his own with the tubes still down his throat. Anyway, they're going to try again at 3 p.m. today (in about 40 minutes). It looked like he mouthed the word "phatmass," so I asked him "phatmass?" and he nodded his head. Then it looked like he said "ask them to pray," so I repeated those words and he nodded his head. He has tremendous faith in Our Lord, and he also has faith in your prayers. So, if his buddies can please continue to pray for him as I know you are that would be great. I'm on my way back, and I'll tell him that I was able to post this message. Thank you again for your continued prayers. Peace.
prose Posted January 2, 2006 Posted January 2, 2006 Holy carp! I hope I didn't get this too late! I am praying!!
Lil Red Posted January 3, 2006 Posted January 3, 2006 continuing to pray! tell him we love him and miss him greatly!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now