hdogga Posted January 17, 2006 Posted January 17, 2006 If anyone is interested, tomorrow we're starting a novena to Our Lady of Lourdes, since Harold has a great devotion to her. We will start the novena tomorrow Jan. 17 at 6 p.m. (eastern time). This is the link for the novena that we're starting for Harold: [url="http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/OL_lourdes_short.htm"]http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/OL_lourdes_short.htm[/url] Thanks and God bless.
Christie_M Posted January 17, 2006 Posted January 17, 2006 continued prayers for him. glad to hear he is doing very well.
alicemary Posted January 17, 2006 Posted January 17, 2006 Count me in for the novena, can we post here to remind each other? No greater healing power then can be found in Our Lady.
hdogga Posted January 19, 2006 Posted January 19, 2006 So, we're now praying through the intercession of Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos, CSsR. A friend of my brother's who is a Redemptoris priest in New York just happened to be in D.C. and came by to see Harold yesterday. WIth him he brought a second class relic of Blessed Selos, which he stumbled upon while looking for some oil for the Sacrament of the SIck. Blessed Seelos is known as a "cheerful ascetic." This is no coincidence. To make this even more amazing, two weeks ago a friend of mine came to pray over Harold with a relic of Blessed Seelos!!! Anyway, he needs only one more miracle to be canonized! Blessed Seelos, pray for us!
Cow of Shame Posted January 20, 2006 Posted January 20, 2006 Do we know what caused the initial collapse?
journeyman Posted January 22, 2006 Posted January 22, 2006 you'll be in my prayer intentions again today
Lil Red Posted January 25, 2006 Posted January 25, 2006 new update i received today: Dear Friends, I hope all of you are doing well. I just wanted to let everyone know that Harold is progressing well! Today, Harold officially passed his swallow test! This means that Harold can start eating (very soft foods)!! Praise God! Of course, he will still have the GI feeding tube connected because he probably won't be eating a lot. This is definitely a step toward coming home. Yesterday his speech therapist attached a speaking valve on his trach allowing him to speak. This, however, required him to exhale completely on his own, which he was able to do with great exertion. I think they will try again later this week. Also, tomorrow the training will start for my parents and myself in order to bring Harold home. We all need to learn how to use the ventilator in order for the facility to discharge him. Hopefully, we'll be able to learn everything quickly. He's still in very good spirits considering everything, but desperately wants to be at home! He has also been receiving many wonderful consolations throughout the day, including wonderful visitors, encouraging letters, e-mails, etc. Everyday, God's hand is seen clearer and clearer throughout this trial. That is the update for now. Thank you again for all of your continued prayers and support. Peace and blessings
Christie_M Posted January 27, 2006 Posted January 27, 2006 [color=blue] thanks for the update. I will continue praying[/color]
prose Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 Did we ever find out what happened? Was it pneumonia?
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 Oh, I've been gone for so long... ...I'm joining in the prayers.
Lil Red Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 newest update as of last night: Hello! I hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to let you all know that Harold has been doing very well. He had a few stomach problems this past week, but all is well now and the long awaited discharge date has been set for Feb. 9th or the 10th. Either way, he'll be home next week!! We are all incredibly relieved and thrilled, especially Harold. While Harold will still be on a ventilator, it will be portable and placed on the back of his wheelchair. This upcoming week (either Monday or Tuesday) he will will be switched over to a the new ventilator. Of course, we are hoping and praying that he be able to breathe on his own. Thank you all so very much for all your support and continued prayers. I will continue to keep you updated.
photosynthesis Posted February 5, 2006 Posted February 5, 2006 woohoo! praise God that he is able to go home!
hdogga Posted February 10, 2006 Posted February 10, 2006 Hello. I just wanted to let you all know that Seven77 is home!! Praise be to God!! Just in time for his favorite feast day. He has been home for a couple of hours now. We are now waiting for his wheelchair tray for his ventilator, so he can get out and about. I'm sure once he get's it, he'll be back on phatmass. The first step was for him to come home, and at long last he is... The second step is for him to get back to his normal life, which he will soon. Thank you all for your continued prayers as he still needs them. I am now preparing for my last semester of grad work in Rome. I'm just happy that he's home before I leave. Anyway, that is all for now. I hope everyone is doing great. You'll see my bro back on phatmass soon.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now