hdogga Posted January 11, 2006 Posted January 11, 2006 Thank you and God bless you all for praying for Seven77. He is recovering wel from the tracheostomy and feeding tube. He has finally been transfered out of the ICU into a different ward. While he is still not able to speak (audibly), it is easier to read his lips without the tubes down his throat. He still remains in good spirits considering all that has taken place. However, he is very anxious about the future. The doctors will only discharge him to a respitory rehab center. They don't know how long he will be there, so this is a little frightening. He's still smiling and cracking some jokes, but he says that he is having anxiety. At the rehab center they will attempt to wean him off the respirator and or help him get adjusted to occasional use of it. We are praying that he will be able to get off of the respirator entirely. This is the update for now. I have read him your posts and he very much appreciates them and your prayers. Thank you.
franciscanheart Posted January 11, 2006 Posted January 11, 2006 wonderful. im glad to hear he is recovering well. continued prayers for him. we definitely miss him.
Christie_M Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 [color=blue] Glad to hear that he is getting better. continued prayers. [/color]
Lil Red Posted January 12, 2006 Posted January 12, 2006 continued prayers for his health and recovery
hdogga Posted January 13, 2006 Posted January 13, 2006 Tomorrow Seven77 will be discharged to a respiratory rehab. The neighborhood of the facility looked a little sketchy... and I was adamantly opposed to sending him there, however, there was little I could do. This is the only facility that takes vent patients.. and the only place that had an opening. I am hoping that this will only take a couple of weeks, and then he can go home where he will be comfortable and get back to his daily routine.. and phatmass. Praying and trusting in Divine Providence... and begging the Blessed Mother...
musturde Posted January 13, 2006 Posted January 13, 2006 Prayers for everything to end quickly. We're always by ya 77.
photosynthesis Posted January 13, 2006 Posted January 13, 2006 [quote name='hdogga' date='Jan 12 2006, 09:04 PM']Tomorrow Seven77 will be discharged to a respiratory rehab. The neighborhood of the facility looked a little sketchy... and I was adamantly opposed to sending him there, however, there was little I could do. This is the only facility that takes vent patients.. and the only place that had an opening. I am hoping that this will only take a couple of weeks, and then he can go home where he will be comfortable and get back to his daily routine.. and phatmass. Praying and trusting in Divine Providence... and begging the Blessed Mother... [right][snapback]854396[/snapback][/right] [/quote] you both are still in my prayers. I hope the rehab facility helps him get better and I'm confident that it will.
franciscanheart Posted January 13, 2006 Posted January 13, 2006 the boards arent the same without him. still praying....
journeyman Posted January 14, 2006 Posted January 14, 2006 Seven, we're praying for you . . . some of us for very selfish reasons (I don't think I can cover for you over in Word, Werd - we (I) need you back !!)
photosynthesis Posted January 14, 2006 Posted January 14, 2006 anyone know how he's doing? stil praying...
hdogga Posted January 15, 2006 Posted January 15, 2006 Thanks for all the prayers. SEven77 is in rehab and doing well. He's in good spirits... he was a little sad when the Redskins lost to Seattle yesterday... no, but seriously, he is taking all of this very well. Although, he said he was bored when we're not there, and often finds it difficult to sleep. Visiting hours at this place is only 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday the doctors will start the weaning process to try and get him off the respirator. We are praying for a miracle. The family is holding up and hoping and trusting in the Lord. Thanks again for all of your prayers. God bless you all.
journeyman Posted January 15, 2006 Posted January 15, 2006 I wonder if a laptop in the room would speed his recovery? In my prayer intentions this morning as well
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now