hdogga Posted January 4, 2006 Posted January 4, 2006 Hi. It's Seven77's sister again. After an X-ray the doctors found fluid in his lungs. So, today the doctors will insert a hole and drain it out. Hopefully, he will be able to breathe without the respirator after this procedure. I think I already mentioned the option of a tracheostomy in my last update. We are hoping and praying we won't have to come to that.. Today I brought a cd player into his room, and he's been listening to Catholic rap and his other music (He's not really a big TV watcher.. unless it's EWTN, which the hospital doesn't have). Anyway, that's the update. Thank you all again for your continued prayers. God bless.
alicemary Posted January 5, 2006 Posted January 5, 2006 Our prayers go out to you all. A trach is not the worst thing and is worlds more comfortable then the tube he now has, do not fear it. Just hope he can start breathing on his own. Keep playing the CD's for him, great idea. And trust always in the Lord, he will not abandon him nor your family.
Christie_M Posted January 5, 2006 Posted January 5, 2006 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jan 4 2006, 12:08 PM']wonderful. even more prayers. [right][snapback]845775[/snapback][/right] [/quote] ditto!
Fides_et_Ratio Posted January 5, 2006 Posted January 5, 2006 I hope he is doing even better today! Prayers
Lil Red Posted January 5, 2006 Posted January 5, 2006 i have been keeping him in my daily intentions. i will continue to do so.
littleflower+JMJ Posted January 6, 2006 Posted January 6, 2006 I hope Seven77 is doing better!! We miss him terribly!!
hdogga Posted January 6, 2006 Posted January 6, 2006 This morning Seven77 will undergo the tracheostomy. THe doctors will also insert a feeding tube into his stomach... He did not want this at all. We don't know if he will be able to speak once the procedure is done, so this is very difficult for him. Thank you for your continued prayers.
franciscanheart Posted January 6, 2006 Posted January 6, 2006 [quote name='hdogga' date='Jan 6 2006, 07:40 AM']This morning Seven77 will undergo the tracheostomy. THe doctors will also insert a feeding tube into his stomach... He did not want this at all. We don't know if he will be able to speak once the procedure is done, so this is very difficult for him. Thank you for your continued prayers. [right][snapback]847767[/snapback][/right] [/quote] goodness... he is still in my prayers. my brother had a feeding tube and i know how traumatic that can be. please let him know we are thinking about him and praying for him. thank you for keeping us updated!
Birgitta Noel Posted January 6, 2006 Posted January 6, 2006 Oh dear, continued prayers for him. What a trial this must be. Hang in there. Memorare....
Paladin D Posted January 7, 2006 Posted January 7, 2006 Didn't see this till now. He'll be in my prayers.
Christie_M Posted January 8, 2006 Posted January 8, 2006 [color=blue] I will continue to pray for him [/color]
Dreamweaver Posted January 8, 2006 Posted January 8, 2006 Haven't seen this post yet, I will keep Seven77 in my prayers! I hope he starts getting better soon!
photosynthesis Posted January 9, 2006 Posted January 9, 2006 oh dear.... I do hope he gets better soon. I've been praying for him and will start an Our Lady of Lourdes novena for him tonight... Trachs + feeding tubes sure aren't fun, but a lot of studies have shown that trachs help a LOT with the weaning process and there's a possibility that if he gets better they can undo the trach. Plus they allow people to talk, which makes a big difference. All things work together for good! Tell him I am praying for him.
benedictaj Posted January 10, 2006 Posted January 10, 2006 I've been away, and didn't see this til now. I am most definitely praying.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now