Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nagin's 'Chocolate' Remark Sparks T-Shirt Craze


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 28 2006, 02:19 PM'] We will have racial equality when ALL people respect ALL other people.
[/quote]

[b]I[/b] think we'll have racial equality when ALL people can scorn ANY other people without inciting anger. If I mock your white cracker azz Cam, your inability to busta rhyme or move, let alone your ability to appreciate a fine sista, am I being racist? I believe we'll have gotten over racial tensions when whites can mock black stereotypes & vice versa without any hard feelings.

Sounds like pretty fair treatment to me...

Edited by Cow of Shame
Posted

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Jan 28 2006, 03:44 PM'][b]I[/b] think we'll have racial equality when ALL people can scorn ANY other people without inciting anger.  If I mock your white cracker azz Cam, your inability to busta rhyme or move, let alone your ability to appreciate a fine sista, am I being racist?  I believe we'll have gotten over racial tensions when whites can mock black stereotypes & vice versa without any hard feelings.

Sounds like pretty fair treatment to me...
[right][snapback]868673[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Nice language......I am not a "cracker a$$" thank you very much. And I don't appreciate being called one. I have not made any type of slander of your person now have I Cow of Shame? I don't appreciate that kind of humor and I ask that you refrain from using it toward my person. If you don't like the fact that I am calling for the respect of all persons, that is fine, however, please don't slander my name like that. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 28 2006, 03:51 PM']......I am not a "cracker a$$" thank you very much. 
[/quote]
My bad...didn't see you were in Detroit. Why didn't you say you were a brotha? If you appreciate a girl with a little junk in her trunk, I'm not one to judge.

It's only slander if you're not a cracker....

Edited by Cow of Shame
Posted

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Jan 28 2006, 03:59 PM']My bad...didn't see you were in Detroit.  Why didn't you say you were a brotha?  If you appreciate a girl with a little junk in her trunk, I'm not one to judge.

It's only slander if you're not a cracker....
[right][snapback]868682[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Look at my profile and you will see my race. Wanna make any more assumptions?

I am not a fan of the type of idiom that you are using. I find it to be sophomoric and less than flattering to the education level of the average person in this country.

Posted

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 28 2006, 05:50 PM']Look at my profile and you will see my race.  Wanna make any more assumptions?

I am not a fan of the type of idiom that you are using.  I find it to be sophomoric and less than flattering to the education level of the average person in this country.
[right][snapback]868737[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Cam go outside and do this: :smokey:

Then come back in and do this: :drunk:

Then everything will be cool.

Posted
:loco: This smiley is racist.
:japanese: and this one.
:spike: this one is biased against Canadians.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Posted
:popcorn:
Posted

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 28 2006, 06:03 PM']:popcorn:
[right][snapback]868745[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:spanking: you're not allowed to watch this. And put that popcorn away. Go on, clear off.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Posted (edited)
:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol: :lol:

:turban: <----------- that is racist too! :lol: Edited by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Posted
:unclesam: <------------- this one makes all americans seem angry, that is racist too.
Posted

[quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Jan 28 2006, 05:54 PM']Cam go outside and do this:  :smokey:

Then come back in and do this: :drunk:

Then everything will be cool.
[right][snapback]868741[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't smoke.
I don't drink to get drunk.
Vices don't make everything cool.

Excuse me, but your issues need to be left to private messaging.

Posted

If this is going to become a "let's mock Cam's view,"

I will ask that this thread be closed.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

I'll add something here -- I honestly don't think Nagin entirely intended to be racist. He was very stupid, and one could suggest that his comments themselves were racist (whether intentional or not), but his comments came not so much out of an assertion of black supremacy, but out of simply wanting to score points on MLK day with the black community, which he wasn't all that popular with -- correct me if my figures are off, but I read that only 40% of them voted for him. The ironic thing is, the "uptown" (white) people that he was making snide comments about were the ones that voted him into office -- 70% of them. The man is probably not a man with racial issues -- it seems more likely that he is a fool that will say anything to gain political leverage. If it was a reverse situation, who knows -- maybe he'd be saying New Orleans should be milky. But it doesn't matter now -- he has successfully alienated his voter base. Way to go, bud!

I thought his backtracking was even more loopy -- his babbling about chocolate being made when you take dark chocolate and pour milk into it. That was the chocolate he was [i]really[/i] talking about. Yeahhh.

One of the lines on the London tube (subway) I take to the west end often has the destination "White City" -- for some reason this always struck me as funny. Like Parliament gone wrong.

P.S. Toledo, I don't get the Canada one. :spike:

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Posted

its a south Park Refrence.

Posted

Cam, get off your high horse!

That T-shirt was freakin' hilarious!!

Some people around here need to seriously lighten up and get a sense of humor!

Putting people in concentration camps because of their ethnicity is racism.

Poking fun at a politician's foolish remarks is good ol' all-American humor!

The way liberals are so up-tight (and hypocritical) about anything even touching on race is absolutely ridiculous!

Lighten' up, y'all! (no pun intended)

(This is coming from a geeky vanilla white boy with no rythym who can't jump, with a touch of red injin thrown in)

Posted

Racism is going both ways these days. When I went to DC for the March, we came on Saturday night and did a little touring. We went to the Union Station and I sensed a lot of hostility coming from the 'locals'. Needless to say, they were black. I got yelled at by a group of black girls in the bathroom for being in the way, which I didnt know I was. They were extremely rude to me and they were swearing at me. I felt very unwelcome. Racism rots...both ways.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Posted

Ive got some ingin in me too.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Jan 28 2006, 10:04 AM']You didn't like [i]Blazing Saddles[/i], did you?
[right][snapback]868542[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[img]http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes5/BlazeSaddle141.jpeg[/img]

"Hey boys! Look what I got here!"

I *heart* Gene Wilder.

Posted

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jan 28 2006, 08:56 PM']Cam, get off your high horse!

That T-shirt was freakin' hilarious!!

Some people around here need to seriously lighten up and get a sense of humor!

Putting people in concentration camps because of their ethnicity is racism.

Poking fun at a politician's foolish remarks is good ol' all-American humor!

The way liberals are so up-tight (and hypocritical)  about anything even touching on race is absolutely ridiculous!

Lighten' up, y'all!  (no pun intended)

(This is coming from a geeky vanilla white boy with no rythym who can't jump, with a touch of red injin thrown in)
[right][snapback]868829[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am not on my high horse. I am simply opposed to racism in any form. This is racism.

If you think that this form of racism is funny, then perhaps you need to check yourself as well.

racism

n 1: the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races 2: [b]discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race[/b] [syn: racialism, racial discrimination]

Clearly, this is a case of defnition of number 2, on both sides; as I have said.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Posted

how is it discriminatory or abusive?

I can see where you are coming from Cam, but you are entering the Politcally Correct Memory Hole.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...