Ash Wednesday Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 [quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 29 2006, 06:36 AM']You're right, it is laughable. Isn't it funny how we veil our racism? First in a speech which uses the word "chocolate," then by "lampooning" Willy Wonka. If I weren't so upset at the blatant racism, I suppose I would laugh. But, racism, in any form, is not a laughing matter. [right][snapback]869152[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I wasn't referring to the issue of racism, I was referring to the way some of you people (regardless of your opinion on the matter) are all starting to act. Like two year olds.
avemaria40 Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 Does anyone think this should be moved to debate table?
Cam42 Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Jan 29 2006, 08:55 AM']I wasn't referring to the issue of racism, I was referring to the way some of you people (regardless of your opinion on the matter) are all starting to act. Like two year olds. [right][snapback]869161[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I know, I was "lampooning" you. Don't like it much though, do you?
Ash Wednesday Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 [quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 29 2006, 07:16 AM']I know, I was "lampooning" you. Don't like it much though, do you? [right][snapback]869167[/snapback][/right] [/quote] All right, seriously Cam, you are entitled to your opinion, and I normally have a lot of respect for you as a person, but now I honestly think you are acting like a baby, and this is entirely uncharacteristic of you. You're not really giving your own argument much dignity with that kind of behavior. I was trying to be serious so the issue can be discussed without this kind of banter, and you continue to respond with this "witty" biting sarcasm of yours, and I'm not going to respond to that. I've said my peace. Good day.
Cam42 Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Jan 29 2006, 09:35 AM']All right, seriously Cam, you are entitled to your opinion, and I normally have a lot of respect for you as a person, but now I honestly think you are acting like a baby, and this is entirely uncharacteristic of you. You're not really giving your own argument much dignity with that kind of behavior. I was trying to be serious and you continue to respond with this "witty" biting sarcasm of yours, and I'm not going to respond to that. I've said my peace. Good day. [right][snapback]869169[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Ya know, I never asked for this to be a debate. I actually asked specfically for this NOT to be a debate. I simply offered my opinion, however, ALMOST everyone here decided that it was to become a rail on Cam minute. Yes, I am entitled to my opinion, and I never asked for anyone to agree with it. However, what happened with Mayor Nagin and with the t-shirt is just plain racist. You may not think so, but it is, [i]de facto[/i]. So on this thread, I have been: a baby a two year old (implied) ridiculous stupid slanderous silly told that I need to lighten up told that I need a sense of humor told that I need a smoke told that I need to get drunk "a cracker a$$" "a brotha" If I sound a little "witty" or "biting" forgive me, but I have taken a fair bit of abuse on this thread for offering my opinion. Now, will a mod please close this thread. It is perpetuating a subtle form of racism.
prose Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 [quote name='toledo_jesus' date='Jan 28 2006, 03:56 PM'] this one is biased against Canadians. [right][snapback]868743[/snapback][/right] [/quote] wha..?? Hey!!
prose Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 And if we are going to talk racist, the thread about "Who here is mexican" was the most racist thing I think I have ever seen in here. WAYY worse than this t-shirt thing, and no one said a word.
toledo_jesus Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 [quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 28 2006, 07:42 PM']I don't smoke. I don't drink to get drunk. Vices don't make everything cool. Excuse me, but your issues need to be left to private messaging. [right][snapback]868800[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oh please. You missed the point. I don't think there's a 'have a beer and relax' smiley. Maybe this one. or this one would have been better. Regardless...I agree with Ash Wednesday. I don't think you're a liberal Cam. I have a lot of respect for your knowledge of the Church and all that, in fact I think of you as the "go-to" guy when it comes to some Church questions...but I think that you need to chill out before you stress yourself bald. I guess this thread is about done, unless Cam wants to have the last word.
toledo_jesus Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 [quote name='prose' date='Jan 29 2006, 11:07 AM']wha..?? Hey!! [right][snapback]869183[/snapback][/right] [/quote] oh I know, I was offended too. Some of my best friends are Canadians.
Cam42 Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 29 2006, 01:55 PM'] your the only one [right][snapback]869293[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Not the only one......there are more.
prose Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 I still don't understand how this is such a big debate, but no one said a word about the other thread.
Fidei Defensor Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 Imagine that instead of the shirt being about Nagin, it was about Hitler, lampooning on one of his remarks about the Jews. Do you think it would be funny then? Its the same idea.
Fidei Defensor Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 As well, please lay off Cam. His opinion is just as valid as any of yours are. Leave him alone, he is cool
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 [quote name='fidei defensor' date='Jan 29 2006, 01:02 PM']Imagine that instead of the shirt being about Nagin, it was about Hitler, lampooning on one of his remarks about the Jews. Do you think it would be funny then? Its the same idea. [right][snapback]869301[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Hitler was a murderer. Nagin is not.
Fidei Defensor Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 29 2006, 01:09 PM']Hitler was a murderer. Nagin is not. [right][snapback]869308[/snapback][/right] [/quote] However, in this case, I am only talking about Hitler's remarks about the Jews.
Quietfire Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 I already voiced my view. I agree with Cam.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now