An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ahem.....

Cam42

The guitar is NEVER all that you have. You also have your voice. You can sing acappella. And it is the human voice which is most appropriate for the Liturgy (ie. Gregorian Chant).

toledo_jesus

[quote name='indescribable' date='Mar 21 2006, 05:46 PM']whenever i'm a church scholar i will. i'm sorry that i'm just 17 and on fire for what moves me.
[right][snapback]916805[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
well, you're old enough to learn that fire will burn out. then you'll have to rely on your brains to sustain your faith, rather than your heart.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

I think a lot of Catholics do not know that "secular" insturments should not be used during the mass. it has been ignored by some priests in some parishes (especially the more liberal parishes) and so this may be a big change or even a shock for them.

Hey let's take a look back shall we?

Remember this one?

[quote]Papal Masses on TV: Benedict XVI Wants a New Director[/quote]

That was from Camsters

[quote]
Lord and Master of Orthodoxy
Group Icon

Group: Church Scholar

Praise God......Reform of the Reform....Insturare Sacra.

It is all coming to fruition....what we wanted, we may get.

Go Benedict....Go Benedict.....Go go Go Benedict!!!!!!

Read This....
[/quote]

yep and that never happened.

Not holding my breath on this one either.

thank God! i am thirsty in Mass for reverence in the liturgy. now, don't get me wrong, we have the organ at most Masses, piano too. but we also have electric guitars, sometimes drums, flutes, violins, violas, cellos.

[quote name='indescribable' date='Mar 21 2006, 05:18 PM']Are you going to expect young people to want that? We don't understand the beauty behind that. No one has ever taught us that. How am i going to tell my chior that they are not adequate to glorify God? Did God not tell us to praise him with the lyre?
[right][snapback]916777[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You say that you don't understand the beauty behind that. If you don't, then you need to be catechized as to what is appropriate.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Mar 21 2006, 05:55 PM']Hey let's take a look back shall we?

Remember this one?
That was from Camsters
yep and that never happened. 

Not holding my breath on this one either.
[right][snapback]916815[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I believe that I said "MAY." I didn't say would. There is nothing incorrect in my view.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Mar 21 2006, 03:57 PM']violas are definitely the work of the devil
[right][snapback]916820[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:P: i don't think so, but it can be quite overwhelming with all those instruments up there at the same time! :lol:

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

my old church is unique i guess. Because I talked to Father about Sacred Music. He said the church always had a full orchestra even before vatican II and the loosening of the restrictions on Sacred Music.

[quote name='Cam42' date='Mar 21 2006, 04:59 PM']I believe that I said "MAY."  I didn't say would.  There is nothing incorrect in my view.
[right][snapback]916825[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I wasn't calling you out as much as the Italian websites that keep on giving disinformation.

Remember it was an Italian website that declared JPII dead a day before it was true.

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Mar 21 2006, 05:56 PM']thank God! i am thirsty in Mass for reverence in the liturgy. now, don't get me wrong, we have the organ at most Masses, piano too. but we also have electric guitars, sometimes drums, flutes, violins, violas, cellos.
[right][snapback]916817[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Pianos and drums are explicitly forbidden.

[quote name='Tra Le Sollecitudini #19'] The employment of the piano is forbidden in church, as is also that of noisy or frivolous instruments such as drums, cymbals, bells and the like.[/quote]

But the others are allowed.....as cited above.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Mar 21 2006, 06:03 PM']I wasn't calling you out as much as the Italian websites that keep on giving disinformation. 

Remember it was an Italian website that declared JPII dead a day before it was true.
[right][snapback]916842[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

touche.....