An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Reading?

Nathan

[quote name='CatoTheElder' post='1018663' date='Jul 6 2006, 08:49 PM']
The History of the Peloponnesian War - Thucydides

[/quote]
I don't think it would be too extreme to say that I abhor Thucydides.... :mellow:

Mitchell_b55

I am reading Truth and Tolerance, by the then-Cardinal Ratzinger.
It is very good and helps a former rad-trad, understand the current theological position in a light that is not tainted by the traditionalist propaganda circulating in those circles on relgious liberty. I am also reading Milestones by Ratzinger, and Cardinal Gibbon's Faith of Our Fathers.

she_who_is_not

[quote name='petrus_scholasticus' post='1021960' date='Jul 11 2006, 03:01 PM']
I am reading Truth and Tolerance, by the then-Cardinal Ratzinger.
It is very good and helps a former rad-trad, understand the current theological position in a light that is not tainted by the traditionalist propaganda circulating in those circles on relgious liberty. I am also reading Milestones by Ratzinger, and Cardinal Gibbon's Faith of Our Fathers.
[/quote]
Let me know if Faith of Our Fathers is worth reading. It was on my Amazon reccomendations and I almost bought because I once worked at a museum which had formerly been an all boys Catholic schools called Gibbons Hall after Cardinal Gibbons. However, that is the only thing I know about Cardinal Gibbons.

Mitchell_b55

I will. I also recommend if you can find a copy used, Henry Morton Robinson's The Cardinal. Get a copy it is a GOOD read.

Mother Angelica's biography. Read it before, but I <3 Mother Angelica, so I wanna read it again.

I'm reading "Victory over Vice" by Bishop Sheen. I encourage everybody to read it because it is a real eye opener. ;-)

The Foundress of Tyburn Convent
Last conversations of St Therese of Lisieux
Vols 1,2,3 of St Teresa of Avila's works
The Benedictine Handbook
Vol 1-The Philokalia
Augustine's Confessions.

And yes I am reading all of them at the same time :P:

puellapaschalis

The two books on my bed (yes, I sleep with them there) are currently the CCC and the Dialogues of Gregory the Great. I'm [i]loving[/i] the deacon Peter at the moment!

Love and prayers,

PP