An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Reading?

Nathan

The Philokalia: The Complete Text: compiled by St. Nicodimos of the Hioly Mountain and St Makarios of Corinth: Volume 2. ISBN 978-0-571-15466-1.

Very good. Very heavy reading in places but certainly worth the effort involved.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Staretz' date='29 April 2010 - 11:17 AM' timestamp='1272554239' post='2102172']
The Philokalia: The Complete Text: compiled by St. Nicodimos of the Hioly Mountain and St Makarios of Corinth: Volume 2. ISBN 978-0-571-15466-1.

Very good. Very heavy reading in places but certainly worth the effort involved.
[/quote]
:shock: Epic!

:yahoo:

I am deep into this atm:

[i]The Collected Stories of H. P. Lovecraft[/i], by H. P. Lovecraft

Life is incomprehensible to human minds; the universe is fundamentally alien; those who genuinely reason gamble with sanity.

My kind of stuff.

Just finished a book called "Atlantis." A real archeologist trying to write fiction in the genre of Cussler. Didn't quite make it.

Next I'm reading Alien Nation #1, Day of Descent.

[quote name='JTheresa' date='29 April 2010 - 08:41 AM' timestamp='1272544874' post='2102120']
I'm reading a lot right now:

the Imitation of Christ
the Imitation of Mary
Interior Castile
different parts of the Bible
and I'm trying to get through Vita Consecrata.

:)
[/quote]

Oh, nice list!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='vee8' date='29 April 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1272551248' post='2102159']
Treasure in Clay by Fulton Sheen :D
[/quote]

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

TeresaBenedicta

[i]The Ethic of Authenticity[/i] by Charles Taylor. :-/ Not a huge fan of the work.

I picked up [i]And You are Christ's...[/i] by Fr. Dubay for a second read and am of course loving it.

[quote name='aalpha1989' date='29 April 2010 - 09:52 AM' timestamp='1272574358' post='2102365']
Oh, nice list!
[/quote]
Thanks!! A lot, but it keeps me thinking!!! :)

Apotheoun

[i]Image of God the Father in Orthodox Theology and Iconography[/i] by Steven Bigham (SVS Press)

missio_redemptoris

"Abandonment to Divine Providence" - about 20 pages in, and so far it's rocking my world. And soooo Theresian! Although the book came first...

"The Chronicles of Narnia"...can't be C.S. Lewis for Christian fiction :)

[quote name='missio_redemptoris' date='01 May 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1272771627' post='2103454']
"Abandonment to Divine Providence" - about 20 pages in, and so far it's rocking my world. And soooo Theresian! Although the book came first...
[/quote]
I saw that in the store the other day and I so wanted to buy it!! I really could use a book like that right now.

eustace scrubb

the interior castle by st. teresa of avila

and just finished the book of judith from the Bible

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

[i]The Recalcitrant Imago Dei: Human Persons and the Failure of Naturalism[/i] by JP Moreland