An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass FOR UNITY OF ALL RELIGIONS?

Budge

[quote]Phatmass
A Catholic website [font="Arial Black"]that focuses on unity among all religions[/font][size=6] , with an emphasis on America's popular culture - forums - celebrities - art and graphics.
www.phatmass.com/ - 25k - Cached - Similar pages[/quote]

Are you all upping the interfaith ante around here?

Going to invite more Muslims, Buddhists and Hindus to sing kumbuyah with?

I know the Catholic church is forming the one world church, but usually the goal isnt stated so blantantly.

When is Phatmass going to send a donation to United Religions Intiative?

If this is something you didnt know about, you may want to write google.

[url="http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=Phatmass&btnG=Google+Search"]PHATMASS ON GOOGLE[/url]

Edited by Budge

EM, are you for UNITY of all religions?

I thought this COULD be a mistake on the part of GOOGLE, it seems Phatmass may want to rectify it.

[img]http://www.trosch.org/jpi/jp01c19/un-religion-s.jpg[/img]

If you would like to know what the Catholic Church teaches (and, by extension, what Phatmass believes), I suggest you read Pope John Paul II's Encyclical Letter "Redemptoris Missio":

[quote]Nor are difficulties lacking within the People of God; indeed these difficulties are the most painful of all. As the first of these difficulties Pope Paul VI pointed to "the lack of fervor [which] is all the more serious because it comes from within. It is manifested in fatigue, disenchantment, compromise, lack of interest and above all lack of joy and hope." Other great obstacles to the Church's missionary work include past and present divisions among Christians, dechristianization within Christian countries, the decrease of vocations to the apostolate, and the counterwitness of believers and Christian communities failing to follow the model of Christ in their lives. But one of the most serious reasons for the lack of interest in the missionary task is a widespread indifferentism, which, sad to say, is found also among Christians. It is based on incorrect theological perspectives and is characterized by a religious relativism which leads to the belief that "one religion is as good as another." We can add, using the words of Pope Paul VI, that there are also certain "excuses which would impede evangelization. The most insidious of these excuses are certainly the ones which people claim to find support for in such and such a teaching of the Council.[/quote]
[url="http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/encyclicals/documents/hf_jp-ii_enc_07121990_redemptoris-missio_en.html"]http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_pau...-missio_en.html[/url]

Thy Geekdom Come

Budge, considering that Pope Benedict XVI said that he sees, and I quote, "a smaller Church," I highly doubt your theory is fitting. Why are so many anti-Catholics so fond of conspiracy theories?

Making friends with other religions is the only way to convert them.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1014578' date='Jun 29 2006, 12:48 PM']
Are you all upping the interfaith ante around here?

Going to invite more Muslims, Buddhists and Hindus to sing kumbuyah with?

I know the Catholic church is forming the one world church, but usually the goal isnt stated so blantantly.

When is Phatmass going to send a donation to United Religions Intiative?

If this is something you didnt know about, you may want to write google.

[url="http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=Phatmass&btnG=Google+Search"]PHATMASS ON GOOGLE[/url]
[/quote]
Of course we are going to invite Muslims, Buddhists AND Hindus :)

but not to sing Kumbuyah. :D:

We invite them all to come learn, and ponder, and convert to Catholicism.

One, Holy Catholic, and Apostolic = the church founded by Jesus Christ.

ooo, kumbuyah ... does that mean a campfire? I love songs around the campfire ... I'll bring the marshmallows!

False religions are based on the lies of the garden--Read Genesis.

Satans lies. They are not pathways to God, heaven or anything holy.

Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism all lead to hell and teach spiritual deceptions again God.

Havent you all ever heard of the FIRST COMMANDMENT?

[quote name='Budge' post='1014666' date='Jun 29 2006, 03:37 PM']
False religions are based on the lies of the garden--Read Genesis.

Satans lies. They are not pathways to God, heaven or anything holy.

Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism all lead to hell and teach spiritual deceptions again God.

Havent you all ever heard of the FIRST COMMANDMENT?
[/quote]
you know that we've heard of the first commandment.

do you think they've heard of it?

maybe they haven't

so why not invite them to phatmass and you can teach them what the 1st commandment is.

To convert people, you have to understand where they're coming from, not completely disregard and disrespect them. Otherwise, you won't get anywhere and completely turn them off to Catholicism

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='ReinnieR' post='1014680' date='Jun 29 2006, 05:03 PM']
you know that we've heard of the first commandment.

do you think they've heard of it?

maybe they haven't

so why not invite them to phatmass and you can teach them what the 1st commandment is.
[/quote]
Valid response, logical sequence, concise...I give this one a 10.