An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass FOR UNITY OF ALL RELIGIONS?

Budge

[quote name='Budge' post='1014666' date='Jun 29 2006, 03:37 PM']
False religions are based on the lies of the garden--Read Genesis.

Satans lies. They are not pathways to God, heaven or anything holy.

Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism all lead to hell and teach spiritual deceptions again God.

Havent you all ever heard of the FIRST COMMANDMENT?
[/quote]

I agree with Budge here. I also give a 10. Truth leads to Heaven, leads to Hell. Bringing others to Him is the Goal of Christianity, which is its fullness in the Love of the Catholic Church, and is done through honest dialogue.

I am glad to see you back Budge.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Raphael' post='1014604' date='Jun 29 2006, 01:50 PM']
Budge, considering that Pope Benedict XVI said that he sees, and I quote, "a smaller Church," I highly doubt your theory is fitting. Why are so many anti-Catholics so fond of conspiracy theories?

Making friends with other religions is the only way to convert them.
[/quote]

that is not true. I guess no one was ever converted to the Catholic Church before 1965, then? The church never used to "make friends" with other relegions.

Budge's criticism is legitimate. this is why i am a Traditional Catholic.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' post='1014827' date='Jun 29 2006, 09:20 PM']
that is not true. I guess no one was ever converted to the Catholic Church before 1965, then? The church never used to "make friends" with other relegions.
Budge's criticism is legitimate. this is why i am a Traditional Catholic.
[/quote]
let's see

smack hindus with scripture

insult their intelligence

attack them personally to convert them?

i don't think you'll make converts that way.

if "not making friends" is your reason to be a "traditional Catholic" then why be catholic.

the center of our catholic faith is [edit: the creed. the belive in God the Father...in Jesus Christ] to believe in Christ's teachings

one of his teachings is to love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one for another.

is hating on other religions loving them?

i don't think so

Edited by ReinnieR

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='ReinnieR' post='1014836' date='Jun 29 2006, 10:26 PM']
let's see

smack hindus with scripture

insult their intelligence

attack them personally to convert them?

i don't think you'll make converts that way.

if "not making friends" is your reason to be a "traditional Catholic" then why be catholic.

the center of our catholic faith is [edit: the creed. the belive in God the Father...in Jesus Christ] to believe in Christ's teachings
one of his teachings is to love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one for another.

is hating on other religions loving them?

i don't think so
[/quote]

i would never do such things. and neither did Catholics before the council. The relegion is evil, something i will not accept, because it leads people away from God. The people i will Love, because i love Christ, and he loves them, and i want to do whatever i can do to bring the people to Christ. it is true, that you do not make converts by force, or by "attacking personally" but that is not how Traditional Catholics convert people. I love all of the men who are not christians. I do hate their relegions. to Love a man, and to hate his relegion is a subtle but important distinction from hating a man and hating his relegion. [/b]we must love everyone. [/b] a false relegion is evil. it leads people away from the church, therefore it must be hated.

[quote name='Rick777' post='1014840' date='Jun 29 2006, 10:28 PM']
What do you mean hating other peoples religion? I always thought it was love the sinner hate the sin?
[/quote]

:yes:

[quote name='Rick777' post='1014840' date='Jun 29 2006, 09:28 PM']
What do you mean hating other peoples religion? I always thought it was love the sinner hate the sin?
[/quote]
i meant we can't be hating on people because God taught us love.

he showed us what true love really is

humbling himself to share in our humanity

humbled himself becoming obedient to death

even death on the cross

[quote name='Rick777' post='1014857' date='Jun 29 2006, 09:41 PM']
Okay, I thought you meant we were supposed to love other religions. Go on.
[/quote]
we are to love God above all things.

[quote name='Myles Domini' date='May 09 2006, 12:28 AM']

God is the first the last and the ultimate.

If God is truly absolutely in act so much so that He cannot by His very nature lack or need anything why would He make anything? God is beyond want so what would possibly motivate Him to make anything?

[/quote]

we are the creatures he is the creator.

why did he create?

is it because he was bored?

as if a being who cannot desire more than His infinite self could get bored

[/quote]

to those which though philosophically immature have the credibility of arising out of the consciousness of believers (God created so that His creations could worship and magnify Him—as if God who is infinitely all knowing in His self-knowledge as well as all knowledge needs to be told by beings who have only a fraction of His understanding what He already knows with an absoluteness that escapes created comprehension).
[/quote]

CCC

[quote]

God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.
[/quote]

There is no necessity in God’s act of creation. God did not need to create us or anything. It does not add to what He is in His infinity and cannot since in Him all the potentiality in the universe is actualised already. This is why deism makes no sense since there is no logic in God creating solely to abandon what He has made. God acts to draw out being from non-being solely because He wishes that His creations can share in Himself so that they might be gifted to know what God really is deeply, intimately, and lovingly. This is the rationale behind human existence. [b]God in His generosity decided to make men so that they could experience Him, Him in whom all that we could possibly want is not a mere possibility but a reality and infinitely so: All-goodness, all-beauty, all-love. This is why when God made men He established with them a covenant.[/b]
[/quote]

him who is all love

we love his creations, we love God

men is God's creation.

Edited by ReinnieR

phatcatholic

[quote name='Budge' post='1014578' date='Jun 29 2006, 12:48 PM']
Are you all upping the interfaith ante around here?

Going to invite more Muslims, Buddhists and Hindus to sing kumbuyah with?

I know the Catholic church is forming the one world church, but usually the goal isnt stated so blantantly.

When is Phatmass going to send a donation to United Religions Intiative?

If this is something you didnt know about, you may want to write google.

[url="http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=Phatmass&btnG=Google+Search"]PHATMASS ON GOOGLE[/url]
[/quote]
budge.................univeralism (which is what you are basically accusing us of, why not just come out and say it?) subjectivizes truth. it says that what you believe is just as good as what i believe, even if our beliefs contradict. i challenge you to find one sentiment such as this in any of the teachings of the Church. i can tell you right now you won't find one b/c that is not how the Church approaches interfaith dialogue. the Church acknowledges the truths that we share w/ other religions so that we can establish common ground upon which to work. however, such acknowledgement is not simultaneously a turning of the proverbial blind eye towards our elements of disagreement. [b][i]that[/i][/b] would be universalism. the Church is in the business of acknowledging truth (not compromising it) and of bringing to fulfillment the Son's prayer to the Father that all may be one as He and the Father are one. surely this is a noble endeavor, unless of course you wish to charge your Lord and Savior w/ the very crime with which you assail His Church.

have fun in that boat. i prefer the barque of Peter.

pax christi,
phatcatholic

[quote name='phatcatholic' post='1014997' date='Jun 29 2006, 09:43 PM']
budge.................univeralism (which is what you are basically accusing us of, why not just come out and say it?) subjectivizes truth. it says that what you believe is just as good as what i believe, even if our beliefs contradict. i challenge you to find one sentiment such as this in any of the teachings of the Church. i can tell you right now you won't find one b/c that is not how the Church approaches interfaith dialogue. the Church acknowledges the truths that we share w/ other religions so that we can establish common ground upon which to work. however, such acknowledgement is not simultaneously a turning of the proverbial blind eye towards our elements of disagreement. [b][i]that[/i][/b] would be universalism. the Church is in the business of acknowledging truth (not compromising it) and of bringing to fulfillment the Son's prayer to the Father that all may be one as He and the Father are one. surely this is a noble endeavor, unless of course you wish to charge your Lord and Savior w/ the very crime with which you assail His Church.

have fun in that boat. i prefer the barque of Peter.

pax christi,
phatcatholic
[/quote]

Unfortunately even how good the intentions of the Pontifical Commission on the Promotion of Christian Unity is, our blessed consecrated souls pervert this by allowing desecrations particularly that of Fatima shrine and besides, ain't it for Christian unity?

Peace! :)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='mongladz' post='1015818' date='Jul 1 2006, 03:53 PM']
Unfortunately even how good the intentions of the Pontifical Commission on the Promotion of Christian Unity is, our blessed consecrated souls pervert this by allowing desecrations particularly that of Fatima shrine and besides, ain't it for Christian unity?

Peace! :)
[/quote]
If you're going to talk about desecrations and place the burden on the Church, you'd better cite your sources.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1015828' date='Jul 1 2006, 02:05 PM']
If you're going to talk about desecrations and place the burden on the Church, you'd better cite your sources.
[/quote]

Are consecrated souls not part of the Chruch? [url="http://freerepublic.info/focus/f-religion/1162953/posts"]I hope this helps[/url] or [url="http://www.fatima.org/news/newsviews/0704desec.asp"]this.[/url]

Edited by mongladz