An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass FOR UNITY OF ALL RELIGIONS?

Budge

[quote name='mongladz' post='1016191' date='Jul 2 2006, 10:07 AM']
Hello cmotherofpirl,

From the time that the Hindus desecrated the Sanctuary (2004), ...[/quote]

Has this happened since then?

Scripture answers everything, and the play on semantics that this doesnt apply to religions is false, pagan philosophies is the same as religions.

This is exactly what Rome is doing:
[quote]
Jos 7:10 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Get thee up; wherefore liest thou thus upon thy face?
Treasury of Scripture KnowledgeConcordance and Hebrew/Greek LexiconList Audio, Study Tools, Commentaries

Jos 7:11 Israel hath sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: [size=6]for they have even taken of the accursed thing, and have also stolen, and dissembled also, [u]and they have put [it] even among their own stuff.[/u][/size][/quote]

I do NOT celebrate Christmas or Easter.

[quote]Which is exactly what the Catholic Church did when building up Rome, especially the Vatican. To build up the canopy in St. Peter's the Pope ordered pagan art work to be melted down. The pagan Coliseum and Circus Maximus were torn down for the same reason.[/quote]

No the pillar of Caligua is still in the center of the sun wheel and Jupiter NOW called Peter is in the Vatican itself.

[img]http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/peter-jupiter.jpg[/img]

Wow looks like one guy knows what Im talking about at least partially.
[quote]

Saint Joseph Cafasso said that when priest mixes with the world priest is always the loser. The same is true here. Catholic churchmen emerge from these little “chats” not as conquerors but as the conquered, saying things like: “Golly… he whom we once condemned isn’t such a bad chap after all. As a matter of fact, a lot of his ideas aren’t bad either. Not only does he have a number of things in common with us, but there are even a few things we can learn from him. So why don’t we seek some reasonable middle ground where we both can peacefully co-exist… it’s a big world and we all have something good to offer. Let’s not worry about our differences. Let’s concentrate on the positive and what we have in common.”

By this application of a worldly political diplomacy (which is actually surrender) Christ’s Church ceases to be the sole God-given teacher of mankind. [/quote]

I am a ex-Unitarian Universalist, the glad-handing and world unity that Rome seeks with false religions is the EXACT same as the Unitarian Universalist Association except that Rome will say we are the ones in charge.

Read this essay, youll understand why I left the Catholic church and why I find these interfaith exursions of Rome so abominable.

[url="http://p094.ezboard.com/fcatholicreformationfrm23.showMessage?topicID=44.topic"]MY ESSAY[/url]

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1016236' date='Jul 2 2006, 02:34 PM']
Scripture answers everything, and the play on semantics that this doesnt apply to religions is false, pagan philosophies is the same as religions.

[/quote]

where does scripture say it has the answer to everything?

[quote name='Budge' post='1016236' date='Jul 2 2006, 02:34 PM']Read this essay, youll understand why I left the Catholic church and why I find these interfaith exursions of Rome so abominable.[/quote]

Ok. Congratulations on your new found faith. That's why we have religious freedom. Why do you feel the need to lecture us? Nobody is interested in leaving the Catholic Church. If God wants to convert us, he'll convert us. He doesn't need your all caps tirades.

[quote name='jswranch' post='1016228' date='Jul 2 2006, 11:48 AM']
Has this happened since then?
[/quote]

Left uncontrolled and the perpetrators unsanctioned it will. Rector Guera still holds the position and already had an interfaith shrine being built there that is due completion by 2007. I don't believe that that interfaith shrine would be for Catholics only.

Peace! :)

mongladz

[quote name='Budge' post='1016236' date='Jul 2 2006, 12:34 PM']
I am a ex-Unitarian Universalist, the glad-handing and world unity that Rome seeks with false religions is the EXACT same as the Unitarian Universalist Association except that Rome will say we are the ones in charge.

Read this essay, youll understand why I left the Catholic church and why I find these interfaith exursions of Rome so abominable.
[/quote]

You may be correct that the interfaith excursions of Rome is so abominable, but it is more abominable to leave her for what few of her members did. Even if the boat is tosssed so many times and this interfaith excursions as you mentioned is just a part of that wave, she will never sink becuase she alone holds the promise, "and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it". Now, when Christ washed the feet of His apostles, it somehow symbolizes that they will be walking in a bemire path. They did, but they held the more firm to what they believe in, and only an apostle of Christ will do such a thing.

mongladz

Oh yes, I forgot. Nice essay but the New World Order is a masonic goal and you did not elaborate more on that. I hope you can discover the [url="http://www.catholicintl.com/epologetics/articles/pastoral/masonry.htm"]"[u]alta vendita[/u]"[/url] document discovered by the Church and why these things happen.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1016236' date='Jul 2 2006, 02:34 PM']
[img]http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/peter-jupiter.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
I don't know where you got the notion that this is a statue of Jupiter. They don't actually know what it is originally from. Could be anyone.

Budge,

By making these arguments, you seek to unite us Catholics to your view--hence, are guilty of the same crime you accuse us of. Nice job making a valid point.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1016254' date='Jul 2 2006, 02:39 PM']
where does scripture say it has the answer to everything?
[/quote]

The First Epistle of Budge to the Phatmassans

mongladz

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Era Might' post='1015959' date='Jul 1 2006, 06:55 PM']
Sam, when are you gonna stop speaking about things you know nothing about? Take a few years off and learn. It'll help.
[/quote]

this has nothing to do with ecumenicism and the unity of all relegions. It has to do with philosophies. The philosophies of pagans can contain parts of natural law. (that is why Aquinas based his teachings on Aristotle). Pagan theology is not natural law. it is evil, and their relegion as a whole leads people away from the Church. Father Ricci accepted Confucianism's moral teachings, and proclaimed him to be the Chinese Aristotle but he rejected neo-confucianism, and he incorporated Confucian rites, and moral teachings into Catholic Practice in China. Pagan philosophies and Pagan theologies are 2 totally different things.

[quote]This is the reason why the Catholic Church has neither scorned nor rejected the pagan philosophies. Instead, after freeing them from error and all contamination she has perfected and completed them by Christian revelation. So likewise the Church has graciously made her own the native art and culture which in some countries is so highly developed. She has carefully encouraged them and has brought them to a point of aesthetic perfection that of themselves they probably would never have attained. By no means has she repressed native customs and traditions but has given them a certain religious significance; she has even transformed their feast days and made them serve to commemorate the martyrs and to celebrate mysteries of the faith. In this connection, St. Basil says very well: "Just as dyers prepare the material to be dyed by certain processes beforehand and only when this has been done do they color it with purple or some other color: likewise if the unfading glory of the just is to be ours for all time we shall first be prepared by these external rites and then we shall master the teachings and mysteries of Faith. When we become accustomed to looking at the reflection of the sun in the water, we shall turn to gaze upon the sun itself. . . Certainly the essential function of a tree is to produce fruit in season; still the foliage that its branches also bear serves to adorn it. In the same way the primary fruit of the soul is truth itself; but the garb of natural culture is a welcome addition, just as leaves provide shade for the fruit and add to its beauty. Thus Moses, a man of the greatest renown for his wisdom, is said to have come to the contemplation of Him, Who is, only after being trained in Egyptian lore. So later the wise Daniel is said to have been first schooled in Babylon in the wisdom of the Chaldeans, and only then to have come to know Divine Revelation."

--Pope Pius XII, Encyclical Letter "Evangelii Praecones"

[url="http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_xii...aecones_en.html"]http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_xii...aecones_en.html[/url][/quote]

[quote name='mongladz' post='1016281' date='Jul 2 2006, 04:02 PM']
Left uncontrolled and the perpetrators unsanctioned it will. Rector Guera still holds the position and already had an interfaith shrine being built there that is due completion by 2007. I don't believe that that interfaith shrine would be for Catholics only.

mongladz
[/quote]

Until someone can prove that the illicit actions are continuing, I will believe they have stopped. You have not done so in your above comments.

Just because he is still there does not the same actions (Hindu worship in a Catholic Church) are tolerated. Was Fr. Guera sanctioned for his actions? I suppose the policies for him were not clear and he may have acted in ignorance. I can imagine the story hitting the news, Fr. Guera getting council from his bishop, and Fr. Guera concluding, "I suppose you are correct your Holiness, letting the pagans perform celibrations in our consecrated churches is illicit. Such actions can lead to scandal provoking some to think we have given our beliefs over to plurlism. I will stop immediately. Do you think it is ok for us to construct a non-consecrated building nearby for them?"
The idea that such actions (Hindu worship in a catholic church) is still going on and will continue in such abuse is pure speculation.

BTW, if the Hindu's want to honor mary at Fatima, as Catholics we are obliged to support them... in a way besides inside of one of our churches. The inter-faith shrine might not be for Catholics at all... ie for public worship.

[quote name='mongladz' post='1015833' date='Jul 1 2006, 02:11 PM']
Are consecrated souls not part of the Chruch? [url="http://freerepublic.info/focus/f-religion/1162953/posts"]I hope this helps[/url] or [url="http://www.fatima.org/news/newsviews/0704desec.asp"]this.[/url]
[/quote]
:yawn: These sources have been proved errant year after year. Please prove this stuff has been going without the bishop's permission in the last 12 months. All the articles seem to be about events in the past.

[quote name='jswranch' post='1016613' date='Jul 3 2006, 09:27 AM']
[b]BTW, if the Hindu's want to honor mary at Fatima, as Catholics we are obliged to support them... in a way besides inside of one of our churches. The inter-faith shrine might not be for Catholics at all... ie for public worship.[/b][/quote]

No further questions your honor. :incense:

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote]
BTW, if the Hindu's want to honor mary at Fatima, as Catholics we are obliged to support them... in a way besides inside of one of our churches. The inter-faith shrine might not be for Catholics at all... ie for public worship.[/quote]

and why is that?

[quote name='mongladz' post='1016683' date='Jul 3 2006, 10:50 AM']
No further questions your honor. :incense:
[/quote]

You rest your case? This should be easy. Perhaps we should debate why I feel this way.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' post='1016723' date='Jul 3 2006, 12:30 PM']
and why is that?
[/quote]

Back when the Pope owned the Papal estates, he did not destroy the Jewish Synagogues. Why not? They were teaching a false gospel... ie Jesus is not the Messiah.

[quote]DIGNITATIS HUMANAE
Declaration on Religious Freedom
The council further declares that the right to religious freedom has its foundation in the very dignity of the human person as this dignity is known through the revealed word of God and by reason itself.(2) This right of the human person to religious freedom is to be recognized in the constitutional law whereby society is governed and thus it is to become a civil right.

6. Since the common welfare of society consists in the entirety of those conditions of social life under which men enjoy the possibility of achieving their own perfection in a certain fullness of measure and also with some relative ease, it chiefly consists in the protection of the rights, and in the performance of the duties, of the human person.(4) Therefore the care of the right to religious freedom devolves upon the whole citizenry, upon social groups, upon government, and upon the Church and other religious communities, in virtue of the duty of all toward the common welfare, and in the manner proper to each.
The council exhorts Catholics, and it directs a plea to all men, most carefully to consider how greatly necessary religious freedom is, especially in the present condition of the human family. All nations are coming into even closer unity. Men of different cultures and religions are being brought together in closer relationships. There is a growing consciousness of the personal responsibility that every man has.[/quote]

Edited by jswranch