An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey all you mothers

Lil Red

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1134758' date='Dec 4 2006, 01:32 PM']
yeah, it's 3 bedrooms, with a decent amount of square footage. so that's good.

when you go look at a house, what should you look for? what questions should you ask the realtor?
[/quote]
check the local child predator registry.

pay for an independent home-inspector to check the house for you - furnace, plumbing, electrical, sewage,roof, basement for leaks, termites.

exquisitebones

[quote name='prose' post='1025375' date='Jul 16 2006, 09:44 AM']
I would suggest tp ask:

-What her beliefs are about pain control and make sure you are on the same page.
-What she does if their are pregnancy complication
-how much does she charge
-how many babies has she helped deliver, and how many of these had complications
-Why she decided to become a midwife
-If she is Catholic/Christian/Buddhist etc. (This makes a big difference to me, maybe if it doesn't to you you could skip this one)
-How much support she will give you throughout the pregnancy (daily calls, weekly calls, monthly visits)
-if there is a particular doctor that she works with
-if there is a particular hospital that she works with
I would also be sure to ask for references.
[/quote]

these are great questions! and man, you will love havinga midwife. I found it so much more relaxed and pressure free...
oh and AWESOME for you ahving a home birth, i wish i could have had one.
maybe if i have more babes.....

Birgitta Noel

Always better to buy the best house you can afford in the nicest neighborhood than the nicest house in a less nice neighborhood.

Does that make sense? :idontknow:

Also, I just picked up a book for us called something like "100 questions every first time home buyer should ask" so far it looks very useful.

home buying goes badly :ohno: we've checked out 7 houses and only one was really nice (would've had to travel a bit - 1/2 hour to work - but that would've been okay). but the one house got offered on by another couple before we could get our offer written. so house hunting is suspended until after christmas.

as far as everything else, i'm just stressed out. trying to get all my work done before hubby and i leave for south carolina on wednesday. and trying to get all the house work done before we leave too :ohno:

pray for us as we travel, because i'm sure i'm gonna turn into "Super Cranky Pregnant Lady".

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1144965' date='Dec 18 2006, 11:33 AM']
home buying goes badly :ohno: we've checked out 7 houses and only one was really nice (would've had to travel a bit - 1/2 hour to work - but that would've been okay). but the one house got offered on by another couple before we could get our offer written. so house hunting is suspended until after christmas.

as far as everything else, i'm just stressed out. trying to get all my work done before hubby and i leave for south carolina on wednesday. and trying to get all the house work done before we leave too :ohno:

pray for us as we travel, because i'm sure i'm gonna turn into "Super Cranky Pregnant Lady".
[/quote]
:console:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1144965' date='Dec 18 2006, 12:33 PM']

[/quote]
THe house will survive a bit of dirt or clutter. Have a cup of tea and out your feet up. :grouphug:

well, i'll just get hubby to do the majority of it, since today is his day off. :)

actually, i like cleaning the house before i leave on an extended vacation, because then when i come home, i'm not depressed because i'm looking at a dirty house :pinch: :P:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1144965' date='Dec 18 2006, 12:33 PM']

[/quote]

:sadder: I know how you feel. The people buying my house are trying to break my heart--I mean, pull out of the sale. Legally, right this minute, they are still obligated to purchase, but if their lender requires a test done on the spetic and it doesn't pass their inspection I am up the creek without a paddle, they won't be required to buy and we won't get to move and be with Matt.

I feel like "Super Depressed Moody Pregnant Lady." Every other day I get good news only to have it dashed by something like this. :ohno:

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1145088' date='Dec 18 2006, 01:54 PM']:sadder: I know how you feel. The people buying my house are trying to break my heart--I mean, pull out of the sale. Legally, right this minute, they are still obligated to purchase, but if their lender requires a test done on the spetic and it doesn't pass their inspection I am up the creek without a paddle, they won't be required to buy and we won't get to move and be with Matt.

I feel like "Super Depressed Moody Pregnant Lady." Every other day I get good news only to have it dashed by something like this. :ohno:[/quote]:console: i'm sorry! that really stinks! home buying/selling stinks :kiss: i pray everything goes well :flowers:

IcePrincessKRS

I think its not really recommended in teh first trimester and at the very end, about 36-37 weeks on when you're considered full term... but its not "disallowed." (is that the right word? :scratchhead:)

We just built our first home. I loved the process. I love the neighborhood. We are now like 1/2 hr from work ,but that is fine with me. It is a nice drive with the kids (not city driving).

Anyways, if you could go that route, I highly recommend it.